Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 02:09 PM
    It exists so you either don't know where to look, know it exists but don't acknowledge it, or dismiss it and attack those that do acknowledge it.
    Evidently no one here knows where to look either.

Does your example of supporting a lying cheating abusive bully dufus for a few bucks and activists judges make you feel better? You have reduced a complex issue down to an accusation that helps no one. You have the nerve to be so self righteous about it on top of that? That doesn't make you right and others wrong.
    It came down to which lying candidate did I want to vote for, DT or HC. They both lied just like JB has, so that's an argument for losers that you're presenting. Which liar did you vote for?

For a few bucks? He hasn't sent me any money. Activist judges? You mean like the liberals who invented rights to abortion and gay marriage in the Constitution? Don't make me laugh.

As to the whole "pro-choice" argument which appeals to the supposed right of a pregnant woman to control her own body, I can dispose of that with one simple question which I already know none of you will care to answer. Should a woman be able to have an abortion in her ninth month of pregnancy because she changed her mind and decided she did not want to have a child? And please don't come up with the evasive garbage. Do you think she should be allowed to do that?

If you vote to allow abortion, then you are pro-abortion. It's like suggesting I am personally opposed to slavery, but I don't want to tell someone else they can't own slaves. It's just a weak, poor excuse designed to allow people to avoid moral responsibility.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    As to the whole "pro-choice" argument which appeals to the supposed right of a pregnant woman to control her own body, I can dispose of that with one simple question which I already know none of you will care to answer. Should a woman be able to have an abortion in her ninth month of pregnancy because she changed her mind and decided she did not want to have a child? And please don't come up with the evasive garbage. Do you think she should be allowed to do that?
    That rarely, IF EVER, happens, that she changed her mind at the end of the pregnancy. If anything, it's a medical conundrum -- she dies or the fetus does. Find me a woman who, willy nilly, said during her ninth month, "Oh, gee! I don't want this kid in my life after all" and then got an abortion.
    If you vote to allow abortion, then you are pro-abortion.
    Now there's a vote on abortion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 02:32 PM
    I don't want to tell someone else they can't own slaves. It's just a weak, poor excuse designed to allow people to avoid moral responsibility.
    The people who owned slaves were wealthy Southern white men. Let's trash Southern white men forever!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 03:23 PM
    Evidently no one here knows where to look either.
    Why should WE do YOUR homework for you? Given your dismissive responses, accusatory assertions and passive aggressive name calling and selective fact checking why bother?

It came down to which lying candidate did I want to vote for, DT or HC. They both lied just like JB has, so that's an argument for losers that you're presenting. Which liar did you vote for?
    The other one. I guess it's a matter of degree and competence between the liars huh?

For a few bucks? He hasn't sent me any money. Activist judges? You mean like the liberals who invented rights to abortion and gay marriage in the Constitution? Don't make me laugh.
    You didn't get a few bucks out of that budget busting tax cut for rich folks? You make my case since it was for the rich PERMANENTLY and not you or me, and our crumbs expire in a year or so. States are the ones that pushed for abortions and gay marriage dude, and that happened after years of litigation. That's why you want activist judges to take us back to a time when discrimination was okay.

Who do you think you are getting all up in peoples personal business?

Just an absurd right wing anti abortion crap talking point. Read the law and actual practice. That never happens and makes the question garbage.

If you vote to allow abortion, then you are pro-abortion. It's like suggesting I am personally opposed to slavery, but I don't want to tell someone else they can't own slaves. It's just a weak, poor excuse designed to allow people to avoid moral responsibility.
    See, didn't I tell you that you are a one trick pony. Abortion is but one issue people use to decide in which whom to vote for. Who are you to decide what someone's moral responsibility is? Can't speak against slavery but abortion is bad?

Not very morally responsible voting for people who want Obamacare repealed with no replacement either.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 04:09 PM
    That rarely, IF EVER, happens, that she changed her mind at the end of the pregnancy. If anything, it's a medical conundrum -- she dies or the fetus does. Find me a woman who, willy nilly, said during her ninth month, "Oh, gee! I don't want this kid in my life after all" and then got an abortion.
    Like I said...no answer. Should it be allowed or not?

The people who owned slaves were wealthy Southern white men. Let's trash Southern white men forever!
    Completely ignored the point.

Why should WE do YOUR homework for you?
    It's your argument, so it's your homework.

The other one. I guess it's a matter of degree and competence between the liars huh?
    Finally, an honest answer.

States are the ones that pushed for abortions and gay marriage dude, and that happened after years of litigation.
    Then why not let the states handle it rather than invent rights that are nowhere to be found in the Constitution?

Just an absurd right wing anti abortion crap talking point. Read the law and actual practice. That never happens and makes the question garbage.
    Man, you guys are so afraid to answer a simple question. I always know when I've got ya, because you get mad and avoid the issue.

See, didn't I tell you that you are a one trick pony. Abortion is but one issue people use to decide in which whom to vote for. Who are you to decide what someone's moral responsibility is? Can't speak against slavery but abortion is bad?
    Unlike you, I am against both owning people and killing unborn babies.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2020, 04:35 PM
    I am against both owning people and killing unborn babies.
    I can relate to that, but I can't relate to your head in the sand attitude towards Trump, he calls everyone else criminals while being the biggest criminal ever to take office. The facts are; in politics no one is perfect and everyone uses situational ethics to advantage themselves and their family, some of these actions are criminal, that is; they are contrary to law.

Modern day capitalism is no different to slavery, millions are enslaved working for low wages, yet you think this system is great and yet you say you are opposed to slavery, you brush it off because people are no longer bought and sold. There is much injustice in the world, but charity starts at home
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 04:50 PM
    Like I said...no answer. Should it be allowed or not?
    Of course, it should be "allowed." In fact, at this point it isn't a matter of choice but a matter of life or death for either the mother or the fetus.

You would prefer your wife die and the fetus delivered by c-section?
    you get mad and avoid the issue.
    Nobody's mad. Why do YOU refuse to answer our questions?
    Unlike you, I am against both owning people and killing unborn babies.
    Don't forget to answer my question above. Wife or fetus -- you can choose only one.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 05:02 PM
    Of course, it should be "allowed." In fact, at this point it isn't a matter of choice but a matter of life or death for either the mother or the fetus
    Very clever attempt to change the question, but it won't work. The mother has simply changed her mind. Should she be allowed to have an abortion on those grounds?

Nobody's mad. Why do YOU refuse to answer our questions?
    You first. I asked the question first, so it's on you to answer. When you have, then I will be glad to answer yours.

For your benefit, I'll repost my question. "Should a woman be able to have an abortion in her ninth month of pregnancy because she changed her mind and decided she did not want to have a child?" No more evasiveness. Answer the question as asked. Psst. I already know you won't.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 06:03 PM
    Very clever attempt to change the question, but it won't work. The mother has simply changed her mind. Should she be allowed to have an abortion on those grounds?

For your benefit, I'll repost my question. "Should a woman be able to have an abortion in her ninth month of pregnancy because she changed her mind and decided she did not want to have a child?" No more evasiveness. Answer the question as asked. Psst. I already know you won't.
    It won't happen. Pregnant women don't change their minds willy nilly at the last minute. That's not how it works. (Give me a solid, legit reason why she would want an abortion.) Btw, I hope you spend time in Purgatory as a pregnant woman who's told it's her life or her fetus's.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 06:10 PM
    Again. Afraid to answer.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 06:14 PM
    Again. Afraid to answer.
    I SAID, it won't happen.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 06:15 PM

You first. I asked the question first, so it's on you to answer. When you have, then I will be glad to answer yours.

You NUT! It's against the law for such a late term abortion for the reason you give. You should have done your homework.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 06:22 PM
    You are still not answering the question, though I will give Tal credit for trying. The question is should a woman be allowed to do that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 06:28 PM
    You are still not answering the question, though I will give Tal credit for trying. The question is should a woman be allowed to do that?
    The law doesn't allow it.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2020, 06:42 PM
    And that is still not the question. Should a woman be allowed to do it?

You guys are so afraid of this question.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2020, 07:43 PM
    Your question was answered, and either you didn't understand the answer, or didn't like it.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2020, 04:50 AM
    My question was never answered. The substitute questions you guys concocted got answered because you were afraid to answer mine.
    Expert

Oct 23, 2020, 08:37 AM
    Are you afraid to accept the answers given, or just don't understand? Trying to be nice since you can ask a question but cannot demand the answer you want unless you have a point besides casting others as afraid?

So what's your point? What are you trying to prove? My point is your question is based on a hypothetical that does not exist and totally unlawful. Now if you know of any loons trying to change it speak up.

Or are you just projecting your worse fears? I think you are but only you can honestly answer THAT question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2020, 09:03 AM
    My question was never answered. The substitute questions you guys concocted got answered because you were afraid to answer mine.
    No fear here! Your question is so unlikely, so hypothetical, like tal said -- like a do we agree with and support a three-year-old telling his parents he doesn't want any gifts at Christmas this year but simply wants to lie in bed and pray. (Hmm, what's going on in his head?)

You want us to say we're all for abortion, no matter the reason.

If a woman friend is in her ninth month of pregnancy and wants an abortion, I would first ask her why. Depending on her answer to that, the conversation can then go in many different directions, at least one of which would be to talk her out of having an abortion.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2020, 09:36 AM
    But should she be allowed to simply because she no longer wants a baby?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New poll shows Trump supporters live in a DIFFERENT reality than the rest of us.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: They BELIEVE that unemployment went UP during Obama - Nahh.. It went WAYYY down. They BELIEVE that the stock market went DOWN during Obama - Nahhh.. It went WAYYY up. They BELIEVE Clinton LOST the popular vote - Nahhh.. She beat him by 2.7 MILLION votes. An even greater...

View more questions Search