Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2020, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I don't call Warren Pocahontas . I call her the blond hair blue blue eyed native American
    If nothing else,. that's clever. LOL.

Anita Hill was a liar
    Care to flesh this out a bit? Reasons why you say this?

Let's not pretend that the left fears a big majority originalist court because they have used the courts as a pseudo-extension of the legislative branch for years .
    Any comment on Merritt Garland?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Any comment on Merritt Garland?
    yes; he was imminently qualified to serve on SCOTUS .
    I will say that what happened to him was neither right or wrong.
    What happened was pure politics .
    The Dems would've done the same thing and will do the same thing if the situation is the same ie controlling majority in the Senate and having a Dem President . Everyone forgets that when Quid made the 1992 rambling address on the Senate floor in 1992 that became known as the 'Biden Rule' that a Repub was President and the Senate was Democrat . It was easy for him to make the suggestion ;first because there were in fact no vacancies ,and the Dems would not have confirmed a GHW Bush appointment. The next year Bubba became President and and with his majority in the Senate appointed Ginsberg . She was a legal genius who was actually much more influential as an activist for women's rights before she was appointed to the Court of Appeals and SCOTUS . She was praised as the 'Thurgood Marshall of women's rights ' .

Once she became a judge, she toed the living breathing judicial activist role that progressives love . But she also frequently sought consensus. She never really led the way she did outside of SCOTUS .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 10:24 AM
    This isn't about who is nominated, but the process itself, which I agree is pure politics. The dufus has said he wants this pick seated because if he loses he will appeal to the courts. He also said allegedly he is willing to by pass the popular vote and rig the electoral college through the state legislature.

The dufus, like the virus, has exposed our structural weaknesses in our system, and eliminated the honor system for PURE exploitive politics.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 10:55 AM
    The dufus has said he wants this pick seated because if he loses he will appeal to the courts
    the word I have is that Quid has already retained 600 lawyers to litigate this election .

The dufus, like the virus, has exposed our structural weaknesses in our system, and eliminated the honor system for PURE exploitive politics.
    honor system meaning that the loser has to accept the corruption like Nixon did in 1960 or Norm Coleman had to when he lost to Al Franken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJNrDf6S_4
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 11:03 AM
    the word I have is that Quid has already retained 600 lawyers to litigate this election .
    Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden told supporters his campaign has assembled a team of 600 lawyers to fight against efforts he expects from President Donald Trump to limit participation in the upcoming election. (USA Today)
    Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 01:45 PM
    Given the dufus predilection for tying stuff up in court to gain an advantage, a wise man would have legal counsel in any dealings with this character. I bet a lot of past consumers, vendors, and business associates, and banks and institutions wish they had before they got involved with him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 01:54 PM
    And now he says his reign oops presidency, because of balloting problems, will just be a "continuation," not a reelection.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 02:03 PM
    you still don't get his tongue in cheek 'messing with you ' game . Why would he give a "reporter" from Playboy a serious response? Chris Wallace is the one who should be peeved .I'm sure he had that gotcha question ready to ask . I want to see Quid answer that he will accept the election results . The Dems have been trying to reverse the last one for 4 years now
    Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 02:28 PM
    I have no doubt the dufus LOVES to poke the bear, and in truth why people let him get under their skin is laughable sometimes but he is capable of great self interest for a president and not all his poking is even appropriate to say the least. That's mostly the problem as politics and self interest has stopped all the work of forming a more perfect union. The only ones who benefit from pure politics are the shepherds that keep the sheeple fat and fed as they are led to slaughter. That's great for shepherds, but lousy for citizens who are reduced to bleating compliance.

PS. Repubs tried to make Obama a one term prez too! Pure self interest politics!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 02:47 PM
    you still don't get his tongue in cheek 'messing with you ' game .

Trump is incapable of anything approaching humor - even "tongue in cheek".

Did you ever see Trump laugh out loud? Even his smile is a snarky smile. He reveres money and power - nothing else.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 03:46 PM
    Trump is incapable of anything approaching humor - even "tongue in cheek".
    yes he is counting on being under estimated again
    Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 06:51 PM
    He's counting on Vlad and the loonies to come through again, and the suppression machine at full power.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 07:04 PM
    it is difficult to know who is the most paranoid, Trump, or the demonrats. One thing for certain, the media is vey paranoid
    Expert

Sep 24, 2020, 07:27 PM
    You got it a bit wrong I think, as it's not paranoid to report on or react to a fool that talks scary and crazy and realize 4 more years may unleash a beast of a bully who is capable of even more chaos than he has already wrecked on America.

He will say and do anything as it is and you may say it's paranoia but it's really self defense against a dangerous predator.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2020, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You got it a bit wrong I think, as it's not paranoid to report on or react to a fool that talks scary and crazy and realize 4 more years may unleash a beast of a bully who is capable of even more chaos than he has already wrecked on America.

He will say and do anything as it is and you may say it's paranoia but it's really self defense against a dangerous predator.
    You don't get it do you? Trump is a prisoner of his own imagination, and while he rants and raves, he is his own worst enemy, doing more damage than his opponents can think of. There are many distractions; Vlad, CV19, China, immigrants, economy, but the real question is how many will vote and who will they vote for? In some places this is not in question so the trick is to decide where the swing voters are and this is an age old question
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2020, 06:12 AM
    He's counting on Vlad and the loonies to come through again,
    Are you really going to play the Russian hoax card again ?
    Expert

Sep 25, 2020, 06:22 AM
    Only the right wing denies the dufus is Vlad's useful idiot, even the dufus knows he needs Vlad's help AGAIN!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ruth h lee watercolor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a watercolor that came through the family that is of a fishing village with a sign that says Ask for Maria. It was done by Ruth H Lee. I was just wondering what the approximate value would be. Thanks!

Babe Ruth Collectibles [ 2 Answers ]

What is the value of a set of books from Quaker Oats,How to throw curves;How to play infield;How to play outfield;How to knock home runs.tips by Babe Ruth?

Babe ruth [ 2 Answers ]

How much is my golden babe ruth card

Babe ruth [ 3 Answers ]

I have a topps 2001-2002 babe ruth card #tn30 I'm just curious if it is worth anything

View more questions Search