Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2020, 07:29 AM
    No mirage just an excellent example of exploitation over the years that only needed a spark to explode. It's reopened under new management, but sadly it took a dead body lying in the streets for hours to wake it up.
    It started with riots driven by the lies about Micheal Brown's death, but that doesn't concern you. Too bad. In the meantime, hundreds have been murdered, some of them children under 10, in dem controlled Chicago so far this year, an increase of more than 50% over the same period from last year, but that doesn't concern you either. You are not "traumatized" about that. So as it turns out, it's just a politically driven narrative. It actually has nothing to do with black lives at all. It has nothing to do with supporting black Americans.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 17, 2020, 08:18 AM
    No the riots started when Brown died and laid in the street for hours.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2020, 08:24 AM
    No, the riots started when the whole "hands up, don't shoot" false narrative started going around as a result of liberal dems trying to make political hay off of the death of a young man.
    Expert

Sep 18, 2020, 07:17 AM
    Yes it was found to be a false narrative but subsequent investigations also revealed a long standing climate of racial subjugation, oppression and down right wrong doing by Ferguson cops and the courts. The conditions were ripe for it to blow up.

https://www.thoughtco.com/ferguson-r...impact-4779964

On March 4, 2015, the DOJ announced that while it would not prosecute Wilson, it had found evidence of racial bias in how Ferguson area police and courts treated black people. In its scathing 105-page report, the DOJ found that the Ferguson Police Department had shown a pattern of discrimination against the black community by profiling, or applying racial stereotypes, in a “pattern or practice of unlawful conduct.”

“Our investigation showed that Ferguson police officers routinely violate the Fourth Amendment in stopping people without reasonable suspicion, arresting them without probable cause, and using unreasonable force against them,” said Attorney General Eric Holder.
    This has been a recurring pattern in many riots for decades. Nobody wants bad cops running roughshod through their neighborhood, often aided and abetted by local officials why do YOU? No good comes from those kinds of abuse of power and injustice.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2020, 08:06 AM
    If the Ferguson cops need to be corrected, then so be it, but in your mind that seems to justify rioting and burning. I can't go along with that. In Ferguson, where the city is about 2/3 black, it is hard to understand why a majority black pop would put up with being discriminated against. Wouldn't it have been a simple thing to elect people who would make sure change took place? Wouldn't that have been a lot better than this "blow up" you seem to justify? Perhaps I am misreading your thoughts, but it does seem that way.
    Expert

Sep 18, 2020, 04:32 PM
    As many times as I have condemned the behavior of criminals and explained the difference between them and protestors you still think I justify riots? You should know better. I guess though not seeing such subtle distinctions is why you cannot separate cops with bad behavior from good cops that do serve and protect.

My take on Ferguson and many places like it is a lack of participation in local elections by it's minority population, but after the MB killing that has changed for the better. Progress in these black parts of town is slow and sadly a wake up call often is tragic. I have often written about the obstacles in the form of voter suppression tactics widely practiced by those to get and keep power.

Can't blame an old geezer like you from forgetting it as much as you and I have gone back and forth. 8D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

What the sentence for a homicide [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know like what the sentence for a theft n robbery charge

Ex Hubby in Jail possibly for homicide- [ 1 Answers ]

Okay folks, Ex hubby in jail facing charges for homicide!! I herd that if he gets charged with homicide I get full custody if I ask for it!! Is this true.. Second. My current husband want to adopt? How do I go about doing this. Should I jump the gun and file a petition while he is...

View more questions Search