Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 04:59 PM
    I read the passage you copied. Nothing illegal. Your hatred of Trump is coloring your thinking.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I read the passage you copied. Nothing illegal. Your hatred of Trump is coloring your thinking.
    I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him, wish he'd get some serious help from a good psychiatrist or two, maybe spend 6-8 weeks in a mental ward being tested with the MMPI et al, and learning how to make an egg salad sandwich or French toast.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 05:08 PM
    I’ve seen pity and I’ve seen hate. I think yours is a level of hate. Hope I’m wrong for your sake.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 05:14 PM
    I’ve seen pity and I’ve seen hate. I think yours is a level of hate.
    I am a Christian. I don't hate. I'd love to go out for lunch with Trump, even if we went to McDonald's. (I'd have a Filet-O-Fish, a small fries, and a small Dr Pepper.)
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 05:18 PM
    Then perhaps you should stop making scandalous accusations for which you have no evidence.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 05:20 PM
    Then perhaps you should stop making scandalous accusations for which you have no evidence.
    I'M scandalous??? Forbes isn't good enough? Okay, I'll google for more.

How about this?

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

And this:
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ent-businesses
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 05:32 PM
    So has Trump done that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 05:41 PM
    So has Trump done that?
    He's "invited" foreign leaders to stay at his hotels and resorts (and they have) -- and not for free. Please google that yourself since you don't like my links..
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 06:44 PM
    In what way is that a violation of the law you posted?

I don't like your links because you seem to use them to be deceptive. Your angry accusations must, at some point, be backed with evidence. So far all you have is that he is successful in business and that he has supposedly invited foreign leaders to stay at his hotels, but you put "invited" in quotes and thus continue to appear to be deceptive. Did he invite them or not? If you say he did, then do you have any real evidence of that? If you don't, then why do you suggest it is true?

If you want him to be honest, then maybe you should try it yourself. If you have anything, then state it plainly. I read the Forbes article. There is not a single allegation of illegal behavior in the text.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 06:50 PM
    Here is my favorite part of your supposedly damning Forbes passage. "But the president held onto ownership of his assets after taking office..." What do those morons think he's supposed to do with his assets? Is he supposed to just give them away so as not to hold "onto ownership"? That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard. Some presidents put them into a blind trust, thus maintaining ownership but not control. Forbes said he turned over management to his children. I really don't care. If he can be pres and make money legally, then more power to him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 04:59 AM
    Maybe you don't care about his financial dealings while he is in the WH, but many have a problem with the leader of government hocking his wares, and promoting his financial interests while in office. It wasn't the kids pushing his ambassador to get a British golf tournament on his property, nor holding a global government meeting at his resort, or pressuring foreign leaders to dig up dirt on his political foes, or smoozing world leaders to stay at his hotels. His kids running his business is as believable as downplaying the virus to avoid a panic.

No dufus defenders that's really pee on your head, not rain, and he isn't selling you an umbrella, that's a non disclosure agreement, with a no responsibility clause at his maskless rallies. Disease spreads, he dithers, but don't panic, he gets tested and you don't. he goes after his foes, and pardons his criminal friends, and ex employees and partners in crime. You jump on Mueller, and Vlad runs buck wild.

Blame Obama, it's all his fault. yeah right.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2020, 05:12 AM
    pressuring foreign leaders to dig up dirt on his political foes
    You do realize that it was actually the Obama admin that did this to Trump?

If you ever come up with some real evidence to support illegal behavior, get back with us.
    Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 05:54 AM
    Naw it's just my turn to throw rocks like you righties did to Obama for 8 years, and I don't have to hold my nose or lie about my voting decisions.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2020, 07:06 AM
    No one here has lied about his voting decisions. As for holding your nose, if you can't smell the stench from the Biden camp, then your nose is basically dead.
    Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 07:42 AM
    Is that why you held your nose because of the dufus stench?
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2020, 07:57 AM
    I said I held my nose because there are aspects of the Trump presidency I don't like. I've never hidden that. It's called being honest and it's what you are not willing to do.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2020, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No dufus defenders that's really pee on your head, not rain, and he isn't selling you an umbrella, that's a non disclosure agreement, with a no responsibility clause at his maskless rallies. Disease spreads, he dithers, but don't panic, he gets tested and you don't. he goes after his foes, and pardons his criminal friends, and ex employees and partners in crime. You jump on Mueller, and Vlad runs buck wild.

Blame Obama, it's all his fault. yeah right.
    You have a talent for summarizing, tal. Plus a touch of humor (smile).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 12:26 PM
    I don't like your links because you seem to use them to be deceptive. Your angry accusations must, at some point, be backed with evidence. So far all you have is that he is successful in business and that he has supposedly invited foreign leaders to stay at his hotels, but you put "invited" in quotes and thus continue to appear to be deceptive. Did he invite them or not? If you say he did, then do you have any real evidence of that? If you don't, then why do you suggest it is true?
    I'm angry? How do you get that out of what I post? I am probably the least angry person you will ever know. Anger is not in my wheelhouse.

When you invite someone to stay at your house, you don't have your hand out to be paid by your guest. Trump always has his hand out and expects that his foreign guests royally reimburse him. That's illegal and also unethical, against the emoluents clause.

If you want him to be honest, then maybe you should try it yourself. If you have anything, then state it plainly. I read the Forbes article. There is not a single allegation of illegal behavior in the text.
    I'll have to call you and read it to you with special emphasis on the parts you apparently glossed over.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2020, 12:46 PM
    When you invite someone to stay at your house, you don't have your hand out to be paid by your guest. Trump always has his hand out and expects that his foreign guests royally reimburse him. That's illegal and also unethical, against the emoluents clause.
    Then why did you use the word "invited"? And do you have evidence that they came and stayed at his hotels at his urging?

I'll have to call you and read it to you with special emphasis on the parts you apparently glossed over.
    You don't have to call. You can just post it right here. You know, the part where they said Trump did something illegal. Go ahead and post it here. I will wait patiently. I certainly wouldn't want to have "glossed over" anything important.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 12:54 PM
    Then why did you use the word "invited"?
    N.B. tongue-in-cheek quote marks are around the word INVITED. Bwahahahaha!!!
    And do you have evidence that they came and stayed at his hotels at his urging?
    Urging??? It was more like ... never mind. You'll say I'm angry.
    You don't have to call. You can just post it right here. You know, the part where they said Trump did something illegal. Go ahead and post it here. I will wait patiently.
    Nooooo! I wanna call you! And pretend I'm ANGRY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Partial airway obstruction [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having this piece of salami partially blocking my airway for 4 hours and it hasn't gone down

Bowel obstruction [ 0 Answers ]

HI I have had a previous bowel obstuction due to adhesions (4 years ago). Last Thursday I had terrible stomach cramps which went away after around 4 hours I also had taken scolex. I have been passing wind (and burbing a bit) but have gone to to the toilet and passed stools everyday. Could I...

Bowel obstruction and cannot use the bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a obstruction and cannot use the restroom also I have a lump in my groin that comes and goes but never for long

Sewer vent obstruction [ 3 Answers ]

Wondering if a sewer vent obstruction could cause a sewer gas smell in all the drains when the upstaire toilet is flushed? Problem didn't exist until a super flush toilet was installed upstairs.

Floodwater Obstruction [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an Arizona flood plain area where rainwater and sometimes storm ditches overflow. Water historicly drains through backyards to a nearby creek. My new downstream neighbor Installed an earth levee on his side of the fence .blocking the flow and flooding my back yard.There is now several...

View more questions Search