Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 06:20 AM
    Serbia -Kosovo historic agreement
    Brokered by President Trump ,the 2 nations agreed to establish economic relations.

https://apnews.com/3b7aca39c6829655d43de30f68497ed1

The U.S. position on the Serbia-Kosovo conflict has been that steps toward economic normalization will dilute the power and importance of the dispute’s political issues , The parties agree to construct a roadway and rail link between their capitals, Belgrade and Pristina. They have committed to a joint feasibility study on options for linking the rail infrastructure to a deep-sea port in the Adriatic. All these agreements will enable a more free and efficient flow of people and goods across the border .The agreement expedites efforts to locate and identify the remains of missing persons from their 1990s war . Both parties have pledged to come up with solutions for refugees and displaced persons from the war.Serbia and Kosovo have agreed to open and operationalize the Merdare Common Crossing Point facility, to recognize each other’s diplomas and professional certificates, and to join the economic zone announced by Serbia, Albania and North Macedonia in October 2019.

Serbia also agreed to follow the US lead in moving it's Israel Embassy to Jerusalem .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 06:47 AM
    Historic
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 08:17 AM
    Just another step in an ongoing process that started in the 90's that the world has been working on. Give the devil his due for it happening on his watch, but let's not get carried away with giving the dufus all the credit.

No doubt that will be his spin, and no doubt he will tout everybody else's past failures in this regard.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 08:45 AM
    yeah just like the Israeli -UAE agreement was inevitable ? Just like the Camp David accords were ?
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 11:33 AM
    I already gave the dufus his due, let's not get carried away by this baby step, after years of baby steps and like I say the journey started long ago.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 03:21 PM
    Just maybe the Muslims are learning
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 05:42 AM
    Imagine if the emperor had signed a peace agreement of this magnitude (I can’t either). Think it would be ignored by the major news outlets ? More likely there would have been a prime time special on every network .
    Expert

Sep 16, 2020, 08:08 AM
    Geez Tom, do you have to elevate the dufus by bashing Obama? I mean we all know these talks have been going on for decades and the devil is in the details. The dufus has broken as many agreements as he has brokered, but I understand conservatives want the devil to have his due for the good stuff that happens on his watch but let's face it the election covid and economy is the front page stuff along with the weather.

The agreement is a good talking point considering his Ukraine debacle, and I thought he already had a press secretary.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 12:46 PM
    you know I am right . The emperor got a Nobel Peace Prize for showing up at the White House on day one . This signing would've merited an all night Prime time event had it been the emperor
    Expert

Sep 16, 2020, 01:55 PM
    Like I said there seems to be other news garnering a lot more attention during silly season like the weather and raging fires with the smoke being felt in other parts of the country. Then there's covid and all the controversy around that and a 100 days of protests. I mean with all that going on Tom, a railroad in eastern Europe and rich Arabs and rich Isralis doing the tourist stuff is just not as attention getting.

Cheer up, Camp David didn't help Carter either.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 02:07 PM
    It is not about the election. In 8 years in the White House the only deal the emperor got was the appeasing deal to the nation in the region that has no interest in peace. All they have done with the money we gave them is continue to wage war in Iraq ,Syria ,and Yemen. He started his term by apologizing to the Arab world and it went down hill from there .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2020, 03:05 PM
    I already gave the dufus his due
    By equating him to the devil??? Well, I guess that's what passes for high praise now days. Tom is exactly correct. If practically anyone else had pulled off these agreements, they would be showered with praise. If Obama had done it, they would have nominated him to be king of the planet.
    Expert

Sep 16, 2020, 03:26 PM
    Could it be the dufus has done more bad stuff than good stuff?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Could it be? The world gives a resounding YES!!
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2020, 04:13 PM
    Well, let's find out. I'll list ten good things, and then you can list 10 bad things. Just remember to be specific.

1. Serbia-Kosovo peace agreement.
    2. Israeli peace accord.
    3. Recognition of Jerusalem as capitol of Israel.
    4. Appointment of fed judges who actually believe in the rule of law.
    5. Jettisoned NAFTA for USMCA.
    6. Achieved historic lows for unemployment.
    7. Achieved economic growth with low inflation.
    8. Economy created 10X more manufacturing jobs during his first 20 months than the last 20 months of Obama.
    9. Granted a full pardon to Alice Johnson.
    10. Completed a significant portion of the southern wall.

OK. Your turn, but be specific! "He is a orange-haired dufus!" will not count.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2020, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'll list ten good things, and then you can list 10 bad things.
    Only ten bad things?
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 05:39 PM
    you throw out a challenge Jl

but granted a pardon to Alice Johnson is hardly a momentous achievement so find another one and 300 miles is not a significant portion only count 8 so far

Failed to mange the Covid 19 crisis
    Imposed tariffs on China ruining part of the US economy who had to pay the price
    Ignoring the suffering of refugees on the southern border
    Sacked numerous appointed officials, counts as poor judgement in appointing them
    Failed to deal with the dreamers crisis which he created
    Failed to get appropriation for the Great Wall of Trump and therefore failed in border control
    Bombed Syria without conclusive evidence
    Had the streets violently cleared of peaceful protesters so he could take a walk
    Has been continually aggressive in the South China Sea a place where the US has no territorial rights
    is a loud mouthed self obscessed liar and doesn't wear a mask
    failed to provide funding to Peurto Rico when it was devastated by a hurricane
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2020, 06:41 PM
    The pardon to Alice Johnson was significant news around here.

So let me get this straight. The congress would not fund the wall. You blame that on Trump, and then give him no credit for somehow finding money to build 300 miles?? Your clearing the streets comment is ridiculous. The U.S. sent 90 bil to Puerto Rico so I guess that is failing "to provide funding" in your mind. Your ninth one is absurd. Your third one is flatly wrong as is your first one. But at any rate, here are ten more with one bonus.

1. Trump recently signed three bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
    2. Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
    3. Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.
    4. Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the two years before he was elected.
    5. Trump signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal.
    6. Trump’s EPA gave $100 million to fix the water infrastructure problem in Flint, Michigan.
    7. Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
    8. Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.
    9. Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding moms.
    10. The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country’s highest-paid workers.
    11. Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and from corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2020, 07:26 PM
    Trump signed a bill, must have taken him away from golf
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2020, 07:27 PM
    Maybe you can come up with five this time that are accurate. And for those who live in Australia and so don't know how our government works, no bill arrives on a president's desk without significant cooperation between the executive and the legislative branches. It's not a situation where the bill arrives by stork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi,I am from KOSOVO I have two children's and a marrid man I want to imigrate to usa [ 1 Answers ]

I have about 500.000 $ and I want to imigrate to usa san diego with my wife an two children's I won't to inwest this money in san diego how is that posible

Historic events [ 2 Answers ]

What are the important historic and political events of India and its neighbouring countries in 2006, 2007 2008?

A Historic Day [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Just in case anyone out there was familiar with this issue or indeed just interested in world news, today was a very historic day in Australia. After years of politicking the Federal Government apologised to our indigenous people for past mistreatments and in particular to the...

Serbia National Purpose [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know this for a brief

View more questions Search