Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anzu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2020, 04:27 AM
    Divorce advice
    Hi I dont even know where to begin, I'm thinking alot about divorce but its freaking me out because I'm an immigrant with green card I only have a debt card and a driving license, I've been here in Massachusetts for 4 years now married for 8 , I'm a mom of 2 children 3 to 6 ,just started to work couple months ago only part time ,no family, no money, no credit, everything is under husband's name , house and car I dont know how I'm going to survive but I can't stay either plz help me I need advice don't know what to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2020, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Hi I dont even know where to begin, I'm thinking alot about divorce but its freaking me out because I'm an immigrant with green card I only have a debt card and a driving license, I've been here in Massachusetts for 4 years now married for 8 , I'm a mom of 2 children 3 to 6 ,just started to work couple months ago only part time ,no family, no money, no credit, everything is under husband's name , house and car I dont know how I'm going to survive but I can't stay either plz help me I need advice don't know what to do.
    May I ask why you are thinking about divorce? What's going on?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2020, 06:43 PM
    Why can't you stay?

Sep 5, 2020, 07:12 PM
    Possessive control husband arguements everyday I'm just tired.

Sep 5, 2020, 07:14 PM
    I feel like I'm in a cage ,suffocated, I dont wanna be in relationship anymore.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 07:05 AM
    You need a plan to empower yourself and support yourself. I know the emotions are overwhelming but getting information and people to support you through this and teach you how to go about it is crucial. Local churches and women's shelters have such people to guide and advise if you have no trusted friends, and are the keys to taking actions instead of just being trapped and miserable.

Let me ask if you don't mind, your age and where you're from, and how you met and married your spouse, and if you have any skills to fall back on? You are hardly alone in wanting out of a bad situation, and knowing your rights and OPTIONS is the first step in making a plan that helps improve YOURSELF and situation.

What are these daily arguments about?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 01:55 PM
    I totally agree with Tal. You need a support team. Many counselors have sliding scales (that means they charge you only what is reasonable to pay in your particular case) plus, like Tal mentioned, churches and women's shelters have available counselors and social workers.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 9, 2020, 04:53 AM
    Also remember that in many jurisdictions you can get a lawyer so you have representation and your husband will have to pay for it.
    If you have more questions let us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice regarding leaving the state I filed for divorce in with my kids [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of the state where I filed for divorce/primary custody 4 years ago. My ex had full knowledge of the move and did not object or attempt to get custody (he puts very little effort into seeing them, and has gone several weeks without calling to talk to them). He has messed up child...

Married but need divorce advice [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 30 female and have a 1yr old kid. My husband is in the military but he is about to be medically discharged don't get me wrong he's fine and functions fine, and that's not at all the reason for me wanting to divorce him. I found a singles ad he posted and wrote disgusting things that he...

Advice TO teens, not about them- Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am fifteen years old and my parents divorced pretty recently. I've tried talking to my parents but more often than not I come away with more questions than answers and not only feeling worse about the situation but useless, annoying, and overemotional as well. Two weeks before...

Divorce advice [ 4 Answers ]

:-/ Can someone PLEASE help me. I have no idea what steps I should take towards my divorce. I only make $12,000. A year and my husband makes $ 45,000. We need a divorce to settle everything between us and he said he wants a mutual agreement type divorce so it doesn't cost him a lot. I would be...

Divorce advice for women divorcing tunisian man [ 1 Answers ]

My tunisian husband is still living in tunisia after we were married in November 2009, he is waiting for visa. I have strong feelings he married me for entrance to Europe. I now feel I want to divorce this man as I do not want to be with someone who has only used me. Any advice about how to go...

View more questions Search