Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2020, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    not everyone is a left wing billionaire who has strong anti-Trump hatred and owns a publication or a media outlet to express their biases . The left wing media bias is not a myth. Knowing the biases up front allows me to consume a balanced news diet .
    What about the facts noted in the article? You didn't address that.

Assuming editorial policy reflects ownership is not necessarily true. The Atlantic has a superb reputation for factual reporting. Editor Goldberg is a highly respected journalist often called a neoconservative. (also called a liberal).

Referring to Goldberg's "blockbuster revelation," the Intelligencer said "The scope and intensity of the pushback was nuclear." It added, "While it's impossible to directly prove any of these allegations, there is an impressive amount of corroborating evidence. Almost all of it supports Goldberg's reporting," which the Associated Press, The New York Times, Fox News, and The Washington Post "quickly confirmed."
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2020, 06:55 PM
    FOX News confirmed the Atlantic article, then said it was not true, then reconfirmed it, then false again, and finally confirmed it. A roller coaster of good contending with evil.
    So it did not, as you claimed, confirm the story. Simple.

I acknowledge your right to post whatever you want. I retain the right to personally block whatever you write which I will resume after finishing this post - although I may unblock you from time to time as needed.
    Please. Make my day. Block me.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 05:59 AM
    Very simple ;sources should come out and make their charge publicly . You know that we are going to be deluged with stories from unnamed sources in the next 2 months .Ten people on the trip have come forward to say the Atlantic story is false; including John Bolton who said that if it was true he would've put it in his book . Also denying it are Mick Mulvaney, former Chief of Staff and Johnny DeStefano, former counselor to the president ,Derek Lyons, staff secretary and counselor to the president, and Dan Walsh, former White House deputy chief of staff .
    Lyons' statement :
    I was with the president the morning after the scheduled visit. He was extremely disappointed that arrangements could not be made to get him to the site and that the trip had been cancelled. I have worked with the president for his entire administration. One of my responsibilities is working with him on the many letters he signs to the families of our nation’s fallen heroes. In all my time at the White House. I have never heard him utter a disparaging remark of any kind about our troops. In my view, he holds the brave men and women of our armed forces in the highest regard.

Walsh’s statement: “I can attest it to the fact that there was a bad weather called in France and that the helicopters were unable to safely make the flight. Overall, the president’s support and respect for our American troops past and present is unquestionable. " Mulvane's statement :“As you all can probably imagine, I have seen more than my share of outrageous (and false) attacks on the President over the last few years. But this whole injured soldiers thing really, really pushes the envelope.”

DeStefano tweeted : I was on this trip. The Atlantic bit is not true. Period.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 06:18 AM
    Now what would you expect of the dufus and his gang of sycophant to say? Their job is to be loyal to the boss and defend him right? If it becomes public who those unnamed anonymous sources are they would become instant targets akin to a mob boss putting the kiss of death to a flunky. Have you forgotten what the dufus demands of his workers or what he does when they don't do as he says?

This whole weekend has been a montage of the dufus loser sucker reruns in public on tape so what's so far fetched about his private uttering being more of the same?
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2020, 09:13 AM
    So everyone with the courage to be named says the story is garbage, and the only response is, "Now what would you expect..?" So there is no satisfying the "We hate Trump" crowd. A lie is as good as the truth to them. It's Kavanaugh all over again except worse.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 09:38 AM
    Doesn't take courage for a sycophant to do what the boss says, or understand the fear of being fired and attacked if you do otherwise. Given past words and actions by the dufus it's rather easy to believe he bad mouths people in private. More likely than NOT for sure, and just as easy for his fans to go along with it like you forever dufus defenders no matter what he does.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 10:49 AM
    maybe you missed this in their descriptions

Mick Mulvaney, former Chief of Staff and Johnny DeStefano, former counselor to the president ,Derek Lyons, staff secretary and counselor to the president, and Dan Walsh, former White House deputy chief of staff .

Add to that John Bolton ;who hates Trump's guts was former National Security Advisor . Why would they be concerned about being fired ?

This is just a lame attempt to decouple Trump from his base . I guess to employ the same strategery to Quid you would have to make claims that he was bad mouthing the 'peaceful' protesters .

Here is Nikki Haley's comment today ; All of us who worked with Donald Trump witnessed the tremendous amount of love and respect he has for our military. He was determined to protect them. We had many conversations in NSC meetings about protecting them.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 11:10 AM
    A lie is as good as the truth to them. It's Kavanaugh all over again except worse.
    this reminds me of the hit piece they tried on Bush in 2004 about his deserting his National Guard service . When Dan Rather got caught lying they said the story was "fake but accurate " .
    https://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/15/u...-accurate.html
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 11:14 AM
    Wonder where all those folks were when he was knocking McCain and the Khans? If they can ignore what's on the record why can't they ignore what wasn't?

Surprised no one has asked those sycophants about those comments. That response would be a hoot. Go ahead dismiss the allegations as BS like you dismiss Cohen who went to jail for lying for the dufus, and dismiss his niece in her new book, and dismiss Melanie's friend too while you're at it.

The guy's a lying cheating crook now and has always been so defend him all you want.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 11:58 AM
    Khan put himself in the political crossfire by making an address at the DNC against Trump .

His feud with McCain was long standing . He ripped off a comedy bit by Chris Rock (who's audience thought was hilarious ) and used it inappropriately . You will find no one here defending that . But it reflects the feud he had against McCain and not his attitude about the military .
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 01:10 PM
    So explain away this by a real hero!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...cid=uxbndlbing

Everybody wants to dump on the poor dufus. Cry me a river!
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 01:19 PM
    nothing to explain He is basing his opinion on the words of anonymous sources .
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2020, 01:34 PM
    If they can ignore what's on the record why can't they ignore what wasn't?
    What???

As to the Sully story, it might as well have said, "Sully, who has zero first hand knowledge of the supposed incident, has decided to believe what un-named sources supposedly said."

This hatred driven commenting really gets sickening. The "We believe in tolerance" crowd just hate the guy, and so they are willing to believe anything and everything no matter how sickeningly phony it might be.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 02:45 PM
    Oh stop, even repubs HATE the dufus and his words, antics and ways, so stop pretending he is but a victim. He deserves every ounce of derision and mistrust that gets thrown his way and then some and for sure that's what he will get.

Nobody should tolerate is abuse and blatantly lying. No excuse! NONE! You wonder why it's so easy to believe unnamed sources about this dude? You haven't been paying much attention.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2020, 03:29 PM
    If you want to criticize him for lying, then fine. I also hope you were equally critical of Obama. But to stand on a ridiculous story about him making disparaging remarks about dead military heroes makes your position appear cheap.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 03:52 PM
    Get over yourself as where were you when he disparaged a gold star family and McCain? That wasn't cheap? You said nothing and now you cry when what the dufus sent around comes back to him.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2020, 04:22 PM
    disparaged a gold star family
    That's nonsense. Didn't happen. And please don't just blindly post a link you have not bothered to read. If you will read the accounts carefully, you will see the accounts are, at the very least, disputed.

His comments about McCain, AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, were stupid. They were about on the same level as Biden claiming that poor kids could perform at the same level as white kids, a comment at least mildly racist and one which I'm sure you have criticized on this board.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's nonsense. Didn't happen. And please don't just blindly post a link you have not bothered to read. If you will read the accounts carefully, you will see the accounts are, at the very least, disputed.
    I was on his team until, during his 2015 campaign, he mocked disabled reporter, Sergei Kovaleski, (https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/07/...bled-reporter/) and later creepily shadowed Hillary during the debates (https://www.wane.com/news/national-w...-debate-stage/).

This morning, Biden went to church. Trump went golfing.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...h-service.html
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2020, 08:14 PM
    Perhaps Biden heard something that would correct his pro-abortion, anti-life, anti-traditional marriage positions.

The complaint that Hillary's "skin crawled" was really funny. If she can't handle that minor annoyance, she certainly had no business being president. You guys are really desperate.

seemingly mocked Kovaleski’s physical appearance.
    Another one of those definite maybes.

Have ya'll had much luck with changing the history books to now show that Edison actually did NOT develop the first light bulb?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2020, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Khan put himself in the political crossfire by making an address at the DNC against Trump .
    Tom, this is one of the strangest things you've ever posted. A man whose son died in Irag fighting for his country criticizes Trump for his anti-Muslim attitude ("read the Constitution"), and you say it's his own fault because he put himself in the "political crossfire".

Trump ripped off a comedy bit by Chris Rock (who's audience thought was hilarious ) and used it inappropriately
    Inappropriately? I'll say!

You will find no one here defending that
    Except for you, you mean?

But it reflects the feud he had against McCain and not his attitude about the military .
    Sheer hogwash!! His very words reflected his attitude against US prisoners of war, and by extension, the US military. Your defense of Trump is getting desperate, tomder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Real Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Answering a question from CNN. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-15bda7138a95a6fe60e0c75252783d0b

Trump's First Kill of an American Citizen [ 129 Answers ]

Trump's words at his TV conference: "A drug called chloroquine—and some people would add to it, hydroxychloroquine—so chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine...it's been around for a long time, so if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody." A husband and wife took Trump's...

Another American Hero Dissed By Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Insulting a soldier who earned medals and was wounded in the line of duty wearing the uniform of his country's Armed Forces, Trump sank to new lows. Making matters worse, this brave soldier's testimony showed that Trump's so-called "transcript" of the notorious phone call to the Ukraine...

Trump Approves Murder of American Journalist [ 145 Answers ]

Trump sycophant Pompeo will meet with Saudi Arabia today when he promises to discuss the brutal murder by Saudi Arabia of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Of course, he will do nothing of the sort. Trump has already approved Khashoggi's execution. Trump clearly signaled that it's...

The Real Trump [ 28 Answers ]

Trump the racist recently pardoned fellow-racist the Sheriff in Arizona whose name will not dignify this message. He was CONVICTED of ordering his police officers to stop UNITED STATES CITIZENS based on the color of their skin and how they "looked". Let me repeat that. The racist sheriff...

View more questions Search