Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's what is wrong with your approach. You love Obama, so you wouldn't let wild horses drag a negative comment about him out of your mouth. You hate Trump, so you refuse to acknowledge anything positive about him. It's that inconsistency that I object to. Your moral outrage makes no impression because of it.
    I don't remember you or the RWing saying positive things about Obama, quite the opposite, so is that hate for Obama? Why do you expect the left to do what you didn't do? That was the question.

Now to answer your question, it is certainly not OK for conservatives to allow Trump to "get away with" illegal behavior. However, at some point you have to actually come up with illegal behavior. We've gone through a bogus impeachment hearing and a bogus Atlantic article. You've come up with nothing, but you want to continue your whining campaign against the pres in the hope that you can get Biden elected. That's thoroughly dishonest, and that's why I call you out on it.
    So we are dishonest for whining about the dufus, but it's okay for you to whine about Biden, and that's not thoroughly dishonest? If you can be partisan why can't we? Your approach has as many flaws as mine does. We both want our guys elected. Your inconsistent moral outrage is as partisan as mine. Mine is just a lot more CURRENT!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2020, 05:39 AM
    You can whine all you want. No problem with that. But it's the holier than thou pontificating about Trump's supposedly illegal behavior that should be backed up by some evidence.

Partisanship? Maybe. I'd probably be more likely to refer to it as issues based voting. I'll vote for anyone of either party that will agree to appoint fed judges who believe in interpreting law rather than making laws up, and who can help maintain a healthy economy. I would add something about a balanced budget, but that is presently hopeless. We'll just have to learn the hard way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2020, 06:13 AM
    Nobody here has a more holier than thou attitude than thee, but so what? It's yours to have and no big deal for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Real Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Answering a question from CNN. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-15bda7138a95a6fe60e0c75252783d0b

Trump's First Kill of an American Citizen [ 129 Answers ]

Trump's words at his TV conference: "A drug called chloroquine—and some people would add to it, hydroxychloroquine—so chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine...it's been around for a long time, so if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody." A husband and wife took Trump's...

Another American Hero Dissed By Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Insulting a soldier who earned medals and was wounded in the line of duty wearing the uniform of his country's Armed Forces, Trump sank to new lows. Making matters worse, this brave soldier's testimony showed that Trump's so-called "transcript" of the notorious phone call to the Ukraine...

Trump Approves Murder of American Journalist [ 145 Answers ]

Trump sycophant Pompeo will meet with Saudi Arabia today when he promises to discuss the brutal murder by Saudi Arabia of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Of course, he will do nothing of the sort. Trump has already approved Khashoggi's execution. Trump clearly signaled that it's...

The Real Trump [ 28 Answers ]

Trump the racist recently pardoned fellow-racist the Sheriff in Arizona whose name will not dignify this message. He was CONVICTED of ordering his police officers to stop UNITED STATES CITIZENS based on the color of their skin and how they "looked". Let me repeat that. The racist sheriff...

View more questions Search