Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2020, 06:22 PM
    Big trouble in little China
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...ab0760fcbf6a5d

I know any news not originating on the american continent isn't worthy of discussion, since black deaths take precident over everything, however, brinkmanship is at play in the pacific once again. China has once again called out american provacations, since the american fleet is getting too close. They fired off two ship killers just to prove they existed. now when NK did something similar trump went ape, I wonder what he will do with this addition to his campaign. A war time president, just what he wants
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2020, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I know any news not originating on the american continent isn't worthy of discussion, since black deaths take precident over everything,
    You left out critical facts. Murders of unarmed black men by racist cops. When the authorities are gross law breakers, it gets our attention, as it should yours.

China is testing the coward in the White House. I doubt Trump will do anything beyond tweeting. He doesn't have the stomach for anything more than that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2020, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    You left out critical facts. Murders of unarmed black men by racist cops. When the authorities are gross law breakers, it gets our attention, as it should yours.

China is testing the coward in the White House. I doubt Trump will do anything beyond tweeting. He doesn't have the stomach for anything more than that.
    Murder happens everywhere, just yesterday a bikie was gunned down in Sydney, no protest saying bikie lives matter. Not sure that particular black man you speak of was unarmed, but he did one thing you don't do, ignore the cops. So as always there are two sides to every story, we shall never know what was in that fellows mind when he walked to his car, but you can be sure there was something more important on his mind that a few angry cops.

China is testing everyone these days, particularly those who are stupid enough to poke the dragon. The US isn't in a position to provoke a war, unless it intends to resort to nuclear weapons, because that is the only way it could prevail. The lesson of 1941 should be obvious here, don't provoke the orientals they don't think as we do
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2020, 09:31 PM
    Murder happens everywhere,
    You're missing the essential point. Murder by THOSE IN AUTHORITY is never the equivalent of a criminal or citizen murdering another. It's far worse. When the authorities do the murdering, watch out brother, your society and its social compact is in deep trouble.

just yesterday a bikie was gunned down in Sydney, no protest saying bikie lives matter
    See above answer.

Not sure that particular black man you speak of was unarmed, but he did one thing you don't do, ignore the cops.
    He may have been armed with a knife - hard to tell from the video - and he definitely ignored the cops. However, neither is sufficient reason to pump seven bullets into his back at point-blank range as he was leaning into his car with his kids watching from the back seat. I hope you can see that.

So as always there are two sides to every story, we shall never know what was in that fellows mind when he walked to his car, but you can be sure there was something more important on his mind that a few angry cops.
    There are OFTEN two sides to every story, but not this one. It is absolutely clear that the cop murdered the guy by shooting him without reason from inches away.

don't provoke the orientals they don't think as we do
    It's 2020, paraclete. Asians or East Asians is the term.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2020, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    You're missing the essential point. Murder by THOSE IN AUTHORITY is never the equivalent of a criminal or citizen murdering another. It's far worse. When the authorities do the murdering, watch out brother, your society and its social compact is in deep trouble.
    I don't miss the point you live in a pecular society where more authority is given to local enforcement than is warranted

He may have been armed with a knife - hard to tell from the video - and he definitely ignored the cops. However, neither is sufficient reason to pump seven bullets into his back at point-blank range as he was leaning into his car with his kids watching from the back seat. I hope you can see that.
    all I can say is see the above answer

There are OFTEN two sides to every story, but not this one. It is absolutely clear that the cop murdered the guy by shooting him without reason from inches away.
    once again, see the above answer

It's 2020, paraclete. Asians or East Asians is the term.
    you americans love to put a racial tag on everything. Not all asians or east asians fit the bill but the polite way is to avoid the racial tag. Just as in your own country those in the east think differently to those in the west
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2020, 02:14 AM
    I don't miss the point you live in a pecular society where more authority is given to local enforcement than is warranted

all I can say is see the above answer

once again, see the above answer
    I'm not sure what that means. An example would help.

you americans love to put a racial tag on everything.
    The racial tag - "orientals" - was put on by you. It's an outdated racial tag.

Not all asians or east asians fit the bill but the polite way is to avoid the racial tag.
    Which you have failed to do.

Just as in your own country those in the east think differently to those in the west
    An example of what you mean would be helpful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2020, 04:21 AM
    Don't know why a Chinese show of force with these military "exercises" is a surprising thing to anyone given the growing global tensions everywhere and our own incompetent bigmouth in the WH, who sticks his fingers in every cookie jar he can because he thinks he can. While he fiddle dicks around trying to win his own election, the rest of the world of course moves through it's own issues that he has proven helpless to effect any solutions both domestic or globally.

China is just as helpless Clete, and can only float the boats and rally the troops in the midst of it's own failures and issues. If they can't do anything else they can certainly rattle their sabers.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2020, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

China is just as helpless Clete, and can only float the boats and rally the troops in the midst of it's own failures and issues. If they can't do anything else they can certainly rattle their sabers.
    The only thing that keeps you from being at each others throats is 8,000 miles of water so you can both carry on with you bellicose rhetoric. China ignores Trump, they consider him irrelevant but they have forgotten the lesson the japs learned and that is america has great experience in invading islands but when it comes to shove they will bomb the crap out of you rather than loose a single man, but China isn't Japan they can afford to lose a lot of cities before it makes a dint
    Expert

Aug 31, 2020, 09:13 AM
    Oh, Clete, world trade and commerce makes those 8,000 miles nothing at all and EVERYBODY knows a military conflict between the two super powers is a mutual destruction no one wants but I understand the little dogs being afraid when the big dogs growl at each other.

My advice is stay on your own porch hopefully safely out of the big dogs way. Feel better? Pray the dufus has enough sense to growl back, but not start biting. I am!
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2020, 05:27 PM

Feel better? Pray the dufus has enough sense to growl back, but not start biting. I am!
    I don't credit Trump with any sense
    Expert

Aug 31, 2020, 05:34 PM
    Which is why I deem him a dufus.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2020, 08:06 PM
    Which is why I deem him a dufus.
    Yes it seems he is a little dull for a self styled genius
    Expert

Aug 31, 2020, 08:47 PM
    Yes it seems he is a little dull for a self styled genius
    He lied...DUH! You know you're a dufus when you believe your own lies!
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2020, 05:44 PM
    self dullusion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Have trouble sleeping - can wake up 8 times in the night... What's the trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have trouble with my sleep. Have passed many test, like sleep apnea and do not have sleep apnea. If not that, what's wrong with me?

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

View more questions Search