Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camacho92243 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2020, 01:22 PM
    Portable ac exhaust hose
    Can I downsize from a 6 inch hose to a 4 inch hose for my Portable ac unit?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2020, 05:13 AM
    It depends on the portable unit you have as while there are many ways to easily downsize the size of the vent hosing, it will no doubt effect the efficiency of the unit. Consider the effects of a clogged dryer vent (Or lint screen) and how well it dries cloths. If your unit comes with a 6 inch vent hose design then highly recommended you stay with that.

Curious as to why this modification is being considered. Maybe you have a 4 inch wall vent hole already? Does your unit have a humidifier mode, or do you a dehumidifier? More info on your unit is needed or simply consult with the manufacturer or seller of the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a portable dishwasher to a 3/4" garden hose spigot [ 8 Answers ]

I've got a doosy... (hopefully it's easier than I've made it). Years ago I installed a portable dishwasher in my kitchen using a 3/4" garden hose spigot because the quick-disconnect that came with the dishwasher had a 3/4" garden hose thread. A few years ago I was forced to buy a new portable...

Portable dishwasher vs spray hose [ 5 Answers ]

Have purchased a new portable dishwasher. Kitchen sink faucet has a spray hose. Installation manual says to disconnect spray hose from the faucet and cap the connection. I also had to remove the swivel aerator. I want to keep both the spray hose and swivel aerator. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Do I need to disconnect the spray hose for a portable dishwasher? If so, how? [ 0 Answers ]

My portable dishwasher's instruction manual states that I need to disconnect the sprayer hose before I can use the dishwasher. Some information on-line says I can leave it, others say it should be disconnected. I'm just not sure if this is a "Coffee is hot" type of warning or a legitimate one. ...

Portable AC Exhaust Hose [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Is there some sort of trick to make the exhaust hose stay in place? Despite my best efforts, it wants to slip out of place both on the back of The portable AC unit as well as from the connector in the window. What am I doing wrong? Any hints or tricks on how to make the connection, ...

Extending the exhaust hose? :) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have just had a portable air conditioner delivered which is fantastic, I got it from a UK company called B&Q and it's a 10,000 BTU. It arrived with a 1.5metre exhaust hose which isn't long enough, currently, we have it working by it going round another door and the hot air going into...

View more questions Search