Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    I mean to each other. Like using God as cosmic cell phone, thereby not qualifying as a prophecy.
    Like God's gentle whisper in I Kings 19:12?

"After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." (NIV)

"And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice”. (NKJV)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 01:43 PM
    But that is not an example of, "to each other" is it? That was God to man (Elijah). Either that or I completely misunderstood his response.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    But that is not an example of, "to each other" is it? That was God to man (Elijah). Either that or I completely misunderstood his response.
    The following verses:

13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 14He replied, "I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too." 15The LORD said to him, "Go back the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you get there, anoint Hazael king over Aram....

Sounds like a conversation to me!
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 02:02 PM
    Yes, between God and Elijah. "The LORD said to him." That's not what Info was describing. The "to each other" would seem to say that the people were talking to each other through God. But like I said, perhaps I misunderstood it.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2020, 06:01 PM
    my thoughts: Paul was a human being led by the Spirit. However, he was NOT the only human being led by the Spirit. He was warned by other Christians what would happen if he went. I can understand his heart. He loved his Jewish people, he KNEW it was the Lord's heart for all to be saved...HE was NOT called to minister to the Jews. Yeah, He GOOFED. God love him.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2020, 06:25 PM
    Before the passage in question, this was said in Acts 19. "Paul purposed in the Spirit to go to Jerusalem after he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, saying, 'After I have been there, I must also see Rome.'” As it turned out, God worked it out for him to get to Rome, and in a more significant manner than he had imagined.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2020, 08:39 AM
    my thoughts: Paul was a human being led by the Spirit. However, he was NOT the only human being led by the Spirit. He was warned by other Christians what would happen if he went. I can understand his heart. He loved his Jewish people, he KNEW it was the Lord's heart for all to be saved...HE was NOT called to minister to the Jews. Yeah, He GOOFED. God love him.
    I'm inclined to agree with T here. "In the Spirit" in Acts 19:21 could just as easily be "in his spirit" rather than the Holy Spirit. The NIV seems to think so, it reads "he decided to go to Jerusalem." Gonna have to dig into that phrase a bit more, but it sure sounds like he made a decision, the Holy Spirit warned him of the consequences, and he said "challenge accepted."
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2020, 10:18 AM
    That could very well be true. Your comment on 19:21 is certainly true in that it does not have to be rendered as, "Holy Spirit'. I don't know, though, that we have to think that Paul was going to Jerusalem to minister to the Jews. He could simply have wanted to "report in" to the church leadership there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goof fantasy movie suggestions? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in loovvee with fantasy. But I'm kind of picky. I don't want "Lord of the Rings" style where it's a dark mood through the whole thing. I don't want something that is all wars. I want something almost childish and... pretty lol. I love spiderwick and I LOVE narnia.. but more so the books then...

Epi les paul standard plus top vs. Epi les paul custom vs. Epi les paul blackbeauty 3 [ 0 Answers ]

I just want to ask which is better? Epi les paul standard plus or epi les paul custom or epi les paul blackbeauty (3 pickups)? *** tell the difference between the three... tnx

Goof off odor in clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

In attempt to rid ink stain in clothes dryer, my husband used goof off. Now I can't get that fume smell out of the dryer. How do I rid the dryer of the odor?

Property Management GOOF! [ 1 Answers ]

I hired a property placer(finds tenants) for my home in California. He placed tenants lower than I agreed to in my home. Exchange money and keys for a six month lease. He did not verify the employment. Also he gave me less the deposit he was suppose to give. The tenants sign the lease for six...

Did Google goof up? [ 7 Answers ]

Note Google's header today: It's Braile. ... but it's got one too many dots on the first "G"! Here's the braile alphabet: http://www.kidlink.org/resources/braille.html

View more questions Search