Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 03:15 AM
    The dominos start to fall
    An FBI lawyer pled gully to fabricating evidence against the Trump campaign in a FISA warrant application. There is no bigger story today, and yet no bigger story being ignored by the compliant press . Clinesmith I believe made a deal with the Durham prosecution team and he will soon out more of the conspirators .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    An FBI lawyer pled gully to fabricating evidence against the Trump campaign in a FISA warrant application. There is no bigger story today, and yet no bigger story being ignored by the compliant press . Clinesmith I believe made a deal with the Durham prosecution team and he will soon out more of the conspirators .
    "No bigger story today"?????????????? Huh? You gotta be kidding, tom. This is old news that was known over a year ago. It's being revived now because the Trump-initiated investigation by flunkie Barr needs some news to be ready for just before the election. The other flunkie Durham is going along with the nonsense hook, line and sinker.

YOU "believe" a deal has been made with Durham to out "more conspirators"?????? Please keep us advised on that one, tom.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2020, 06:35 AM
    Have you joined QANON? Have you defected from conservative to conspiracy theorists? Are you off your meds?

Put that darned bottle of snake oil down my gosh!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 10:16 AM
    We knew about Clinesmith from the Horwitz report about FISA abuse by the emperor's FBI. You think he would only be pleading guilty to a single count if a deal hadn't been agreed to with the prosecution ?We will know more about the terms under which the negotiated plea is being entered when Clinesmith appears in court. Federal law requires that all material understandings attendant to a guilty plea be disclosed to the judge.And unlike the emperor's team ,the Durham team will not falsify information or leave out pertinent exculpatory evidence (like Carter Page was not working with the Russians but was in fact a CIA asset).

Unlike Comey and Mueller investigations there hasn't been a steady stream of convenient leaks fed to the press . So perhaps the press can be forgiven . However I suspect their lack of interest is pure political hypocrisy.
    Expert

Aug 15, 2020, 10:43 AM
    My lack of interest in whatever the dufus and his flunky Barr comes up with is rooted in distrust and disgust, and a profound allergy to snake oil.

NEXT!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 10:56 AM
    there hasn't been a steady stream of convenient leaks fed to the press . So perhaps the press can be forgiven . However I suspect their lack of interest is pure political hypocrisy.
    Leaving aside the other points in your reply (time will tell, as you say), I beg to differ with your characterization of the press. By far, the greatest political hypocrisy exhibited by media has been the FOX organization. As a frequent watcher, I am astounded at the way FOX distorts or ignores the news - especially the prime time trio pf Carlson, Ingraham and Hannity. It is aptly named the Trump News Channel. OAN is worse, but nobody cares much about them, except Trump who touts them often.

For a smart guy like you, tom, how can you dismiss what is the most accurate reporting on Trump and the Senate Republicans by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and the print media of the NY Times and the Washington Post - not to mention the major media outlets overseas?

I will give you MSNBC which, sadly in my opinion, changed from main-stream to left-wing during the Trump era. Having said that, it continues to report accurately re the Trump news. Trump's attacks are a major cause of that network going leftward.

Not a day goes by (literally), when Trump is not caught in a lie or gross distortion of the truth. Only FOX ignores or minimizes his terrible mismanagement of Covid-19, now counting near 170,000 dead.

Thank God for the main-stream media - warts and all.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 01:36 PM
    I only watch Fox news with Bret Baier ,and the only talk radio I listen to is John Bachelor. I have seen enough YouTube segments of CNN commentary to know they are hopelessly biased . How can anyone consider Fredo or Lemon as unbiased ? I'll leave it at that . Even in the days of Walter Cronkite the press bias was on display . Nobody knew different because there was no competing source of information . The big 3 networks were the so called gate-keepers of truth . As for the print press and their relationship with the FBI ,all one has to do is recall the real motivation for Mark Felt becoming 'Deep Throat '. That Woodward and Bernstein got the story right had nothing to do with true gumshoe investigating . They were fed a story and ran with it doing no serious vetting of what they were fed

Forget for a minute that this happened to a President you don't like ; if the FBI is brazen enough to lie, tamper with evidence, & carry out a phony treason “investigation” against a guy who 63 million Americans voted for , who can possibly think it isn’t doing the same injustices to ordinary people every day? Think Richard Jewell ;think Dr Steven Hatfill. How many innocent people have they put away or tried to ? At a minimum every case that Clinesmith and Weismann investigated should come under immediate review .
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2020, 02:31 PM
    Tom - when the media reports news that is immediately backed up by a video of what they are reporting - I consider that the truth. Yes, sometimes videos can be misleading, but more often than not, they reveal actual happenings. This is especially true when even FOX has to report in a similar fashion, so obvious is the event.

As hard as I try, I will never understand how anyone seeking truth can support Trump - a known liar. As I said above, he dissembles DAILY. The best I can say about him is that I have come to believe he is mentally unstable and therefore has less culpability than I once thought. However, in no way does that eliminate the absolute need to get him out of the presidency. Nor does it stop him from being prosecuted and jail time which he richly deserves.

Does the main-stream media have a left/right bias? Yes and no. When the power resides in the right-wing, the media will expose the wrongs as it has been doing in the era of Trump. When the power resides in the left-wing, it will expose the wrongs as it did in the eras of Clinton and Obama, although those presidents were angels compared to the devil currently in office. The media thrives on exposing corruption.

It is hard not to act the way the media does since they are primarily intelligent people who are well-educated and able to judge events and people with a view to fact and truth. Those qualities are not absolute necessities but they sure help. We all know people who have come from nowhere and are naturally able to speak and understand the difference between BS and truth. But they are more likely to show up in the media when they rise from the well-informed circles.

You cited examples from Cronkite to the FBI. Yet nothing comes close to Trump blatantly trying to undermine the presidential election in his favor. Or his fatal mismanagement of the Covid crisis. Even worse has been the gross failure of the Senate Republicans when they threw their country under the bus simply to keep their positions of influence. All these have been reported accurately and they hardly indicate a left bias since they are the truth.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 01:57 AM
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 05:54 AM
    Any other President that negotiated a Middle East Peace deal would be on the fast track to a Nobel Peace Prize and would be lauded by the press. But not Trump . The Slimes headline was "Trump’s Middle East Plan: Starting Point or Dead End?"
    The Politico's take was "Trump's Win Is a Loss for the Middle East"

Expert

Aug 16, 2020, 06:45 AM
    The devil is in the details as this seems less like a peace plan than a let's side against Iran initiative. We'll see.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 06:50 AM
    Any other President that negotiated a Middle East Peace deal would be on the fast track to a Nobel Peace Prize and would be lauded by the press. But not Trump . The Slimes headline was "Trump’s Middle East Plan: Starting Point or Dead End?"
    The Politico's take was "Trump's Win Is a Loss for the Middle East"

He is just lining up his ducks
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 06:54 AM
    Any other President that negotiated a Middle East Peace deal..............worthy of a Nobel Prize.....
    Hardly Nobel Prize worthy. Exaggerate much? This was a diplomatic recognition between an Arab state and Israel. Good enough. The condition was that Israel POSTPONE its West Bank settlement. Essentially a bribe suggested by Trump et al to get a headline he can promote for the election.

Then there's Iran threatening, perceived as such by the UAE.

And Israel's radicals are not happy with the settlement agreement.

Totally rejected by the Palestinians.

So there's a little more to the agreement than you suggest. However, credit is granted where credit is due. It's better than nothing - temporarily.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 03:54 PM
    Yes talks were held, it isn't Oslo but this is a different time
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 06:32 PM
    since the Palestinians launch missiles at Israel every day ,I would call Oslo a failure ;wouldn't you ?
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 08:09 PM
    I was just saying you cannot compare previous situations with the present progress. The UAE obviously recognise the futility of the palestinian claims and as they are supported by Iran it is politic to take an opposing view. If the palestinians stopped their offensive some progress might be made
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 03:48 AM
    Stopping Israeli expansion seems to be a condition of this agreement making the hardliners very unhappy especially Netty so we will have to see how this goes. The UAE is but the 3rd Arab nation to make such an agreement with Israel so a start, but a long way to go before declaring this a ME peace plan. I'm not seeing a big rush by other Arab states to get on this bandwagon.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 03:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    If the palestinians stopped their offensive some progress might be made
    Not bloody likely. How would you react if another country took over Australia without a nod to Aussies already living there?

If ever there were two sides to a question, this is one of those times.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Not bloody likely. How would you react if another country took over Australia without a nod to Aussies already living there?

If ever there were two sides to a question, this is one of those times.
    I'm on the other side of that question. There were never two sides to the palestinian question, the UN decided that in 1948
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I'm on the other side of that question. There were never two sides to the palestinian question, the UN decided that in 1948
    And who decided things in the previous 2,000 years prior to 1948?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question for construction experts about fall might fall in the room [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I live in England cotage house I am only renting the room. As I know this house was staying empty for couple of years and the landlord made some repairs. But well the landlord seems he doesn't care much about the house only to get rent pay and usually if he send people to fix something they...

Lord I need your anointing to fall to fall down on me [ 3 Answers ]

CHORUS Lord I need Your Anointing To fall To Fall down on me LEAD Lord I need Your Anointing To fall

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, fall down on me fall fall [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, Fall down on me Fall Fall Build me up Fall fresh on me

Dominos or Little Ceasars [ 27 Answers ]

Which pizza do you think is better? Dominos or Little Ceasars?

View more questions Search