Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 06:44 AM
    Coronavirus from an unknown source
    https://www.facebook.com/osucowpunch...23084766686300

New Zealand has reported cases from an unknown source, Australia has reported cases from an unknown source, seems to be a problem everywhere

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2020, 07:05 AM
    The virus can spread like a wild fire, and you know how dangerous wildfires are no matter how they started.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 11:01 AM
    the virus will spread until herd immunity is achieved . Good thing about masks is that when someone gets the virus while wearing one it usually is an inoculation or variolation strength case ie non-lethal because they are not getting the full dose of the virus .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the virus will spread until herd immunity is achieved
    A vaccine will also stop the virus.

. Good thing about masks is that when someone gets the virus while wearing one it usually is an inoculation or variolation strength case ie non-lethal because they are not getting the full dose of the virus .
    Not sure what you mean here. Any less-than-full dose will get the same result. It doesn't have to be a mask, although the likelihood of getting a non-lethal dose is enormously smaller when wearing a mask.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 01:54 PM
    a vaccine is herd immunity by another name.
    Expert

Aug 11, 2020, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    a vaccine is herd immunity by another name.
    Neither is guaranteed to be forthcoming or effective and certainly NOT anywhere soon. Masks and isolation are all we got.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 04:32 PM
    obviously you didn't watch the video

Expert

Aug 11, 2020, 06:40 PM
    Obviously I don't do the Facebook thing.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2020, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Obviously I don't do the Facebook thing.
    It's not a facebook thing, I just can't get the video to autoplay here but the video is instructive.

PPE is what it has always been the hidden super spreader
    Expert

Aug 12, 2020, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It's not a facebook thing, I just can't get the video to autoplay here but the video is instructive.

Please explain as I find myself at a loss to both your statements. PPE is better than NOTHING, though hardly a silver bullet. Just a tool where there are few other practical options, other than everyone wearing a spacesuit.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2020, 03:16 PM
    oh brother !!! I don't have to watch a video to know how much nonsense that statement is . That being said there are rather obvious issues with the manufacturing methods employed . ,Let me counter that with a video that clearly demonstrates that the paper design surgical mask is a superior way to contain the spread . The only ppe more effective is the N95 mask.

https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...MsrjrpCugvBEbg
    Expert

Aug 12, 2020, 03:50 PM
    So much for my fisherman's mask!
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2020, 04:27 PM
    I wear a gator around my neck when hiking . I pull it up when someone else is close on the trail . But the nature of the hiking I do is isolation .
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2020, 05:34 PM
    you keep on playing the masked marauder tom meantime don't use a mask from India and don't eat any frozen foods
    Expert

Aug 12, 2020, 05:41 PM
    Since the triple digit temps I've been using cloth or paper to run in the stores, but mostly I'm home keeping in touch with the peeps by text. Don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2020, 06:09 PM
    https://www.mlb.com/video/clint-fraz...t-center-field
    Expert

Aug 13, 2020, 06:48 AM
    Enjoy 'em while you got 'em. I ain't doing so good with what I got so far! 8(

Football season is even bleaker!
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 01:17 PM
    Football season is even bleaker!
    Now here we have a case study . We have college conferences bailing out and conferences that have decided to play .
    Let's see which group has a higher infection rate ......the ones living under a controlled environment enforced by their coaches ;or the players free to roam around and hang at the college watering hole.

Very few people of the player's demographics are getting serious symptoms when infected ;young ,and very healthy lads they are . Instead there is probably a higher chance of death or serious injury playing the game every week .
    Expert

Aug 13, 2020, 04:17 PM
    Not all schools are offering that same controlled environment, but we'll see what the best practices are, and if they are effective or not. Lot of money on the line for sure.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 04:48 PM
    ARMY my home team is going to play .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

coronavirus, is it a threat or a plot [ 343 Answers ]

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-30/coronavirus-global-emergency-declared-by-who-what-does-that-mean/11912630 Just when someone was getting a grip on the China trade situation along comes a virus, originating in China where all the good infections come from, and within a month it is declared...

Water from unknown source in basement [ 0 Answers ]

The basement was finished already when we moved in but we were not happy with the way it looked so we decided to redo it. Upon removing the paneling from the walls we found that the concrete had not been waterproofed. So far we had not found any leakage or water damage (lucky). We waterproofed the...

Air Handler leaks from unidentified source onto first floor ceiling. Possible source? [ 0 Answers ]

Installers cannot locate a water source. No other sources in attic. Prior leaking from blocked P-Trap which was replaced wiith added overflow detection device.

Unknown source of clear water in basement when rain [ 5 Answers ]

In the last few years, I have noticed there is clear water showing up on the floor of my base at around two coners near the front. It ONLY occurs when it rains or I water the lawn too much. There is no crack anywhere (wall and floor) and it is a mysterious as where the clear water comes from. My...

Popups from an unknown source [ 35 Answers ]

I keep getting these popup ads that start with a URL that includes "documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp" and then changes to the ad's URL. I've noticed it also creates folders labeled DlfnTmp1, DlfnTmp2, etc. in the documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp folder. I can't figure out what's...

View more questions Search