Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    there is probably a higher chance of death or serious injury playing the game every week .
    Therefore the athletes should risk getting infected by Covid-19? Interesting logic. You could be on the Trump'/Pence virus squad.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 06:13 PM
    why not just wrap everyone in bubble wrap for the next 2 years or until a vax is developed ? If the athlete is willing to take the risk ,and it is their future at stake then why shouldn't they ? The professional athlete that doesn't want to risk it opted out . The student athlete should be given the same choice. If the conferences are worried about liability then let the student sign waivers .
    What happened to my body my choice ?

Meanwhile Quid says we should have an unconstitutional mandate to wear masks outdoors . What is the penalty ? Fine ? Imprisonment ? Maybe he should start by going after these clowns .

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2020, 06:18 PM
    Quid says we should have an unconstitutional mandate to wear masks outdoors . What is the penalty ? Fine ? Imprisonment ?
    You're okay with getting the coronavirus and dying?

(Why is there always a space at the end of your sentences before the punctuation mark? I've wondered this for at least 15 years.)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 06:24 PM
    What happened to my body my choice ?
    That and the other statements you made Tom are just foolishness and selfishness but then I can expect nothing more from a person whose thinking is stuck in thee eighteenth century. it is a wonder you don't recommend leaches as a treatment for CV. any person willfully infecting another should be charged with GBH and if that person dies manslaughter
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 07:27 PM
    Why is there always a space at the end of your sentences before the punctuation mark? I've wondered this for at least 15 years.)
    maybe I did not get formal typing training ?

you're okay with getting the coronavirus and dying?
    I've had C-19 I had a bad case because I am an old out of shape geezer . These kids are young and in super shape . Maybe their one shot at reaching for the brass ring and realizing their life ambition is playing this season.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Athos ; why not just wrap everyone in bubble wrap for the next 2 years or until a vax is developed ? Sooner or later with our without treatment or vax , people have to get on with their lives . What we have here being locked up in our states with over 100,000 small businesses and thousands of major businesses going out of business is not a life . What we have is a nation of scared sheeple waiting for their turn at getting the virus . Except don't let that clerk at Walmart dare take a day off , They are essential . Teachers can get paid for not teaching kids , but God forbid the toilet paper is not on the shelf .

Clete you can kiss my a$$ .I'm in favor of using masks .These phucking tin pot dicators are stopping people crossing state borders ;harassing and taking away legitimate business owners rights to operate their business even when they can demonstrate they can operate safely ;and at the same time support rioters and marauders looters and arsonists and muggers who at bare minimum break all the laws they impose on us make me more sick than the virus did . Quid pro Joementia ; das groper ,in between incoherent drool proposed an unconstitutional rule . Of course the dik head wasn't wearing one when he proposed it .And he was indoors where there is a much higher chance of catching the virus than outside . But you know ,he listens to the scientists.... like Dr Fauxi (pictured above mocking us with contempt as he violates his own recommendations )
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2020, 08:01 PM

Clete you can kiss my a$$ .I'm in favor of using masks .These phucking tin pot dicators are stopping people crossing state borders ;harassing and taking away legitimate business owners rights to operate their business even when they can demonstrate they can operate safely ;and at the same time support rioters and marauders looters and arsonists and muggers who at bare minimum break all the laws they impose on us make me more sick than the virus did . Quid pro Joementia ; das groper ,in between incoherent drool proposed an unconstitutional rule . Of course the dik head wasn't wearing one when he proposed it .And he was indoors where there is a much higher chance of catching the virus than outside . But you know ,he listens to the scientists.... like Dr Fauxi (pictured above mocking us with contempt as he violates his own recommendations )
    not untill you kiss mine Tom. Why do you become offensive when you know you are on the wrong side of the argument. The only thing that has been shown to be effective is isolation. It doesn't matter how old you are and if you have recovered good luck to you. You are blinded by your opposition to Trump who afterall is only a poor spokesperson for your side of politics. CV is not a political issue, public health is more important than business but I can't expect a repelican to understand that
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2020, 09:55 AM
    maybe I did not get formal typing training ?

I'll ask you the same question I asked Athos ; why not just wrap everyone in bubble wrap for the next 2 years or until a vax is developed ?
    Do you write and print that way on paper too? Adding punctuation marks isn't taught in typing class; it's taught in early grade school when students are taught how to make sentences, exclamations, and questions.

There is so much unknown about this virus. Bubblewrap isn't a bad idea.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2020, 01:35 PM
    the grammar police ....I see . Let me know when you want to discuss ideas instead of proper punctuation . This is a Currents Events board . Not English 101 . I don't have the time to proof read . Sometimes I go back and edit . But bottom line is that I am not looking to publish what I write .

Clete I am not wrong. Joementia called for national mandated mask wearing outside regardless of distancing crowd size etc. So a farmer in Kansas working by himself on a ranch would be subject to the same intrusive and draconian mandate as ....oh let's say a rioter in Chi-town . I guess living in his basement ,only coming out during supervised and controlled events makes it easy for him to comply . I can tell you all those enlightened 21st century progessives ' here in NY and NJ they do NOT follow his guidelines . I am one of the few on the hiking trails that keep a mask handy wrapped around my neck that I pull up when someone gets within a 10 ft perimeter .Maybe us 18th century type thinkers have more common sense .

The bottom line here is that these progressive leaders get their rocks off imposing new rules on people and this virus gave them the opportunity to take it to the limit .

Il duce is getting sued by gym owners because of his delays in permitting them to operate their businesses even though with proper guidelines it is perfectly safe to open ;and in fact it is proven that healthy people are less susceptible to having a serious bout . So anyway ,he decided today that maybe he should allow them to do so .So over the weekend he is going to come up with his dicktates on how that should be done . He's had months to figure that out . But he is slow walking everything because he is a power hungry prick .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2020, 01:49 PM
    For all your bellyaching about your dem leadership, you have never explained why he has managed his state better than a lot of his repub counterparts that have skyrocketed past NY in cases and deaths and have to go back to the drawing boards because they are out of control.

Hurry up and find you a nice red state where you can be happy with their willful incompetence. Take your mask you know just in case we find out the virus can re-infect a second time or make you a spreader to the unwary.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2020, 02:52 PM

Clete I am not wrong. Joementia called for national mandated mask wearing outside regardless of distancing crowd size etc. So a farmer in Kansas working by himself on a ranch would be subject to the same intrusive and draconian mandate as ....oh let's say a rioter in Chi-town . I guess living in his basement ,only coming out during supervised and controlled events makes it easy for him to comply . I can tell you all those enlightened 21st century progessives ' here in NY and NJ they do NOT follow his guidelines . I am one of the few on the hiking trails that keep a mask handy wrapped around my neck that I pull up when someone gets within a 10 ft perimeter .Maybe us 18th century type thinkers have more common sense .
    Tom common sense should prevail even if you have regulation happy policing, but you always take the argument to the rediculous. masks are one aspect of prevention, distancing another but when people won't respond then shutdown is inevetiable
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2020, 03:32 PM
    why he has managed his state better
    a handful of states in the North East account for most of the C-19 deaths. He is an opportunist no doubt about it . But the truth is that when the virus passed through the state ;NY was the least prepared. You forgot all his whining and begging . We need more PPE ;we need more hospital beds .We need more respirators. But as governor he made all the calls and was solely responsible for the level of preparedness . He was also directly responsible for the deaths of over 6,000 nursing home residents because of his policies ;which he did not amend even after confronted with the evidence of his folly . So no ; he definitely has not and did not manage the state better .

Tom common sense should prevail even if you have regulation happy policing,
    And you are going to attribute that 'common sense ' to the man who has as yet not modified his call for nationwide outdoor mask wearing for 90 days ? The problem is these power hungry schmucks don't govern with common sense . They govern by 'the hell with the consequences or who gets hurt by the policy dictated ; it is the good intentions that count ' It is the liberal plague .
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2020, 04:14 PM

And you are going to attribute that 'common sense ' to the man who has as yet not modified his call for nationwide outdoor mask wearing for 90 days ? The problem is these power hungry schmucks don't govern with common sense . They govern by 'the hell with the consequences or who gets hurt by the policy dictated ; it is the good intentions that count ' It is the liberal plague .
    There you go putting words in my mouth again. So now Trump is a liberal, no surprise there he has an anything goes philosophy. The liberal plague is politics today fill the hungry maw but you do know that the man at the top isn't to blame for the disease and his answers are as ineffectual as anyone's. Wear a mask, not wear a mask, you cannot judge policy that way
    Expert

Aug 15, 2020, 06:42 AM
    The data has been in for a long time, and one fact we can count on is everybody won't do what it takes to fight this virus for whatever reason, and the virus will spread in proportion to human activity. We only have ourselves to blame for sickness death and economic destruction, as the weaknesses and cracks in our society, or any other is exposed as inadequate.

We can start fixing stuff, or let it keep sliding. Real simple choice here folks. Me! I'll vote for better management, and hunker down until it's safe.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 07:05 PM
    Better management Tal that means shutdown
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 08:55 PM
    Not just a shutdown but bolstering social infrastructures to support people through the shut downs, and guidance for best practices in dealing with the virus. We shutdown and people crapped and went nutsy bozo when the dufus declared it would disappear after he said it was a hoax, and pushed for reopening.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Not just a shutdown but bolstering social infrastructures to support people through the shut downs, and guidance for best practices in dealing with the virus. We shutdown and people crapped and went nutsy bozo when the dufus declared it would disappear after he said it was a hoax, and pushed for reopening.
    What do you expect from a bozo? do you expect common sense? Come on Tal you can't say he is nuts and expect anything else
    Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 03:56 AM
    I expected nothing but more behavior he had shown all his life. That's why he didn't get my vote, nor support now.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 04:43 PM
    Yes but this is a crisis and it demands a bipartisan approach, no sign of that however
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes but this is a crisis and it demands a bipartisan approach, no sign of that however
    True. The lack of bipartisanship is 100% due to Republican intransigence.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 07:55 PM
    The repelicans arn't in control of the house so it is demonrat intransigence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

coronavirus, is it a threat or a plot [ 343 Answers ]

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-30/coronavirus-global-emergency-declared-by-who-what-does-that-mean/11912630 Just when someone was getting a grip on the China trade situation along comes a virus, originating in China where all the good infections come from, and within a month it is declared...

Water from unknown source in basement [ 0 Answers ]

The basement was finished already when we moved in but we were not happy with the way it looked so we decided to redo it. Upon removing the paneling from the walls we found that the concrete had not been waterproofed. So far we had not found any leakage or water damage (lucky). We waterproofed the...

Air Handler leaks from unidentified source onto first floor ceiling. Possible source? [ 0 Answers ]

Installers cannot locate a water source. No other sources in attic. Prior leaking from blocked P-Trap which was replaced wiith added overflow detection device.

Unknown source of clear water in basement when rain [ 5 Answers ]

In the last few years, I have noticed there is clear water showing up on the floor of my base at around two coners near the front. It ONLY occurs when it rains or I water the lawn too much. There is no crack anywhere (wall and floor) and it is a mysterious as where the clear water comes from. My...

Popups from an unknown source [ 35 Answers ]

I keep getting these popup ads that start with a URL that includes "documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp" and then changes to the ad's URL. I've noticed it also creates folders labeled DlfnTmp1, DlfnTmp2, etc. in the documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp folder. I can't figure out what's...

View more questions Search