Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2005, 09:46 PM
    Can't Delete GIF Image
    In my temporary internet files there's a file or cookie labelled as a GIF image that I can't seem to delete. I've tried it in safe mode too with no success. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 21, 2005, 10:44 PM
    SysInternals has a free utility I recommend for everyone called Process Explorer. It lets you see all the processes/sub-processes that are running and It tells you the files used by each process. This may help you find the process that's locking the file. I'd try to run this utility in safe mode in hopes that there will be less to sort through.

G/l
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 06:36 AM
    Gif file
    Hi,
    Here is a link to a free and great cleaner. The CCleaner will delete cookies, history, junk files, and any other folders that you set. Also, cleans out old Registry entries no longer needed.
    You can also set it to keep the webpage URL's that you visit frequently.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

It's the best free cleaner I have found.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't delete .dll file [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded Thunderbird 1.6.0 after much delays and restarts. Tried to install it But got a 'pop-up' from 7-ZIP "Unspecified error." I don't use 7-ZIP but it is on my machine. Tried to delete it but was denied as "it was in use." I nibbled at the files, deleting each segment one by one. Got it...

Can't delete some files... [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. I've got Windows XP Home Edition on one of my PCs and since the last upgrades, I've not been able to delete files without changing the properties or attributes. Now, after downloading a file for a correspondence course, and wanting to delete the *.exe file that is just a self-extracting...

I can't delete files on my PC [ 2 Answers ]

Please, can someone help me? I can't get rid of some files (large) on my PC. I get an error like:"Cannot delete <file name> Acces is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." The files are not "Read only". I'm using winxp pro sp2 I...

Unable yo delete [ 4 Answers ]

Some files I cannot dlete with my XP+sp2. I get this massage: "Cannnot delet [file or folder}: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" What should I do? Thanks Alik

View more questions Search