Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2020, 07:00 AM
    Shutdown!
    The state of Victoria (Australia) has been shut down, businesses forced to close and a curfew imposed. So lawless and uncooperative were the Victorians that extreme measures have been implemented for their own protection as well as the protection of the community.

CV19 have been escalating there in recent weeks and Victorians have carried the virus to other states. State borders are closed to Victorians
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2020, 09:38 AM
    You see ;the problem is that they were not "peacefully protesting " in Melbourne . Had they been doing that they could've not worn masks ,not social distanced ,and still would've been immune from the effects of the virus. By lawless and uncooperative I gather you don't mean arson ,looting ,throwing projectiles at police. You mean going about their lives as free people .
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2020, 03:47 PM
    No by lawless and uncooperative I mean behaving like outlaws, flauting the laws, crossing borders against embagos, not isolating when directed, spreading the virus, holding unnecessary demonstrations, behaving like idiots
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2020, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You see ;the problem is that they were not "peacefully protesting " in Melbourne . Had they been doing that they could've not worn masks ,not social distanced ,and still would've been immune from the effects of the virus. By lawless and uncooperative I gather you don't mean arson ,looting ,throwing projectiles at police. You mean going about their lives as free people .
    Only the loons think they are free to spread a disease during a pandemic. I suppose that's okay in their own yards, but not in somebody else's yard. Unlike here though Clete, a few cases has triggered a reaction where a thousand deaths a day get's people wondering what the big deal is.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Only the loons think they are free to spread a disease during a pandemic. I suppose that's okay in their own yards, but not in somebody else's yard. Unlike here though Clete, a few cases has triggered a reaction where a thousand deaths a day get's people wondering what the big deal is.
    The thing is tal we don't have a thousand deaths a day, we have ten and it is big, because that just doesn't happen here, I mean people in their seventies, eighties and nineties dying unnecessarily and hundreds of disease ridden people walking the streets without masks and signs, there is nothing else to do but panic, the zombie apocalypse is upon us
    Expert

Aug 4, 2020, 08:19 AM
    Places like NY and the northeast and California, jumped on their outbreaks early and aggressively, and are still in the slowly reopening stage, and yes rising confirmed cases in some spots while it rages through other states but I think the message is becoming clear...be ready to slowdown or stop whatever your doing and reset, much to the disgust of citizens and lawmakers who want a full recovery economically but the virus is the boss. Something republicans hate. That's the weakness we have is capitalists repubs can't accept a virus dictating there lives, or having to help businesses and citizens through this pandemic.

Unfortunately some make the choice to panic and rebel against common sense.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 08:49 AM
    NY and California are not all that . The little dictator in NJ is putting restrictions back on and here in NY il duce brags about the state's response . But it sucked and his slow reopen is a crawl . You will see him crying that NY needs Federal $$$ because he killed NY 's economy . All he does is talk a good game . He killed thousands of elderly and then dares to brag about what a good job he did ? For shame that faccia di scroto!
    Expert

Aug 4, 2020, 10:28 AM
    Repubs are doing such a great jobs in the south that their numbers have soared past the dems in the northeast, but we won't compare.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 11:16 AM
    You moved the goal posts . Originally the restrictions were to not overwhelm the health care system dealing with a virus we know nothing about except flawed models . As Clet pointed out already . We can't prevent the spread . You playing Dem v Rep . fine . I think that suddenly after Nov 3 that suddenly the Dem panic will subside . Anyway got to go now . Just had a branch from my 100 ft sycamore land on my covered porch . Had a hurricane that decided to run up the Hudson Valley rather than follow the gulf stream . Net is in and out
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 11:28 AM
    15 days to flatten the curve Remember that lie ? To answer my question .What did the first lock down buy us ? a larger second wave.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 12:07 PM
    if this is true are you willing to shut down the economy for years ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...?ocid=msedgntp
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2020, 12:17 PM
    Biggest crime wave in NYC history . il Duce takes no responsibility for it even though half the state's population lives in NYC . But ;let there be a crowded bar and il duce is right on top of it .

Yeah he has his priorities right ,

Expert

Aug 4, 2020, 12:38 PM
    They screwed up and fixed it, so we have the other 56% to lay the blame with.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2020, 12:52 PM
    You moved the goal posts . Originally the restrictions were to not overwhelm the health care system dealing with a virus we know nothing about except flawed models . As Clet pointed out already . We can't prevent the spread . You playing Dem v Rep . fine . I think that suddenly after Nov 3 that suddenly the Dem panic will subside . Anyway got to go now . Just had a branch from my 100 ft sycamore land on my covered porch . Had a hurricane that decided to run up the Hudson Valley rather than follow the gulf stream . Net is in and out
    Overwhelming the system by slowing the spread was the reasons behind the shutdown. You're supposed to reopen slowly and be ready for adjustments as the data dictates. Even NY didn't shutdown completely, as you well know, and most white collar folks work from home.

Florida thanks NC and NY. Stay safe. Tis the season.

15 days to flatten the curve Remember that lie ? To answer my question .What did the first lock down buy us ? a larger second wave.
    Bought you time to catch a break and do the smart thing. I don't know about a second wave as you're still in the first one like the rest of us are.

if this is true are you willing to shut down the economy for years ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...?ocid=msedgntp
    Heckuva challenge for sure but we rise to it or drown in covid shat. It's a global challenge.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2020, 03:19 PM
    its a chinese challenge, China has no where near the rate of infection, ask yourself why? a genetically engineered virus?
    Expert

Aug 5, 2020, 05:19 PM
    Guess we'll find out, but I'm more worried about saving my own arse at this point, and keeping it safe. Conspiracy theories pale with the reality of the here and now. There has always been the haves and have nots, so nothing new there, and people find ways around the rules rich, or poor. Money, and the lack of it are tremendous motivators.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2020, 05:34 PM
    yes Tal stay covid safe, mask up, isolate up. the reality is we are all surrounded by idiots who think it is a conspiracy aimed at curtailing their freedoms to do dumb things
    Expert

Aug 5, 2020, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes Tal stay covid safe, mask up, isolate up. the reality is we are all surrounded by idiots who think it is a conspiracy aimed at curtailing their freedoms to do dumb things
    Copy that! Though any excuse will do for loons wanting to do dumb stuff. Poor humans.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2020, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    China has no where near the rate of infection, ask yourself why?
    I asked myself and I came up with a possible answer. They ain't telling.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2020, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    I asked myself and I came up with a possible answer. They ain't telling.
    You think they have found a cure and don't want to share it? Their cure was shutdown followed by lies and intimidation or so they would have us believe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV shutdown [ 0 Answers ]

I turn on the power on my 42" panasonic hd3d TV and it shuts off by itself after about 3or 4 minutes. I can feel the fan blowing. I turn the power on again and it will come back on but then it turns itself off again after 3 or 4 minutes. Can you tell me the problem and how to fix it please?

Shutdown a PC over a WAN? [ 3 Answers ]

I know I can shutdown a computer on my LAN by going to start > run > cmd > shutdown -i I enter the computer's IP and then I shut it down. Works great to shutdown PCs to save on electricity. Is there a way to shutdown one of my computers in my home LAN over a WAN connection? For example, if...

Monitor Shutdown in XP Pro [ 1 Answers ]

In "power options" in Control Panel in XP Pro, I have set my computer to shut down the monitor after 5 minutes. This worked fine for 4 years. Two days ago, it stopped working. If I reset the option, and restart, it works fine ONCE, then stops working again (unless I reset and restart again). Far...

Shutdown LAN [ 13 Answers ]

Dear all, Please help me in this matter , I want to shut down the LAN with password proetected.It Is possible. Please help me to do this to stop LAN from working... Please help me urgent

Autometic shutdown after a while [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All, My problem is my PC autometically shuted down after working for 1 to 2 hours. If I try switch on again it just try to on for few seconds and get off itself. If I power off for more than 2/3 hours and switchon again it starts for 1/2 hours and again autometically shuted down and happened...

View more questions Search