Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 04:37 PM
    Un Oh, there's an elephant in the room
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Un Oh, there's an elephant in the room
    Nope. The elephants are enjoying a weekend of golf with tRump at his New Jersey resort/club.

"As the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 topped 160,000, and with 6 million at risk of being unable to pay their bills due to expiring federal unemployment benefits, President Donald Trump headed to his Bedminster Golf Club in New Jersey on Thursday for a three-day weekend."
    https://www.towleroad.com/2020/08/as...ekend-of-golf/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 06:09 PM
    Ah, the perks of office, no doubt the WH picked up the bill, but think of all those employed at the club at least Trump isn't confining himself to the CV19 infested lands of Florida, but opts for the relatively safer NJ
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2020, 06:20 PM
    Ah, the perks of office, no doubt the WH picked up the bill
    I.e., the taxpayers picked up the bill.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 06:26 PM
    Yes, the cost of a Trump in office, almost as frequent a player as Obumma, what is it with presidents and golf
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2020, 06:40 PM
    Yes, the cost of a Trump in office, almost as frequent a player as Obumma, what is it with presidents and golf
    Obama didn't come close! "As president, however, trump has played golf more often than Obama did; Obama played about 38 rounds a year, vs. about 70 per year for Trump." (Washington Post, 02/13/2019)
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 07:17 PM
    Trump must have a greater handicap, used to play every day myself when I was young and fit
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2020, 07:54 PM
    Trump must have a greater handicap, used to play every day myself when I was young and fit
    Probably not. He can't even bend over to pick up the ball. Too fat.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 08:00 PM
    Trump plays at his own golf courses, pocketing millions of taxpayer funds. To Trump, the presidency is just one huge source of ill-gotten gains going directly into his pockets.

The rest - pandemics, healthcare, NATO, politics, race relations, etc., - means nothing to Trump. His ignorance on these issues is displayed for all to see, as is his bottomless greed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2020, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    His ignorance on these issues is displayed for all to see, as is his bottomless greed.
    As is his ignorance: e.g., yo semite and thigh land.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2020, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    As is his ignorance: e.g., yo semite and thigh land.
    LOL!!!!!! (Extra exclamation points because it required 5 characters minimum).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2020, 08:43 AM
    Little wonder the dufus prefers too wing it at the podium, because obviously he isn't the best reader of the written word. Gives credence to the rumor/allegation he has always paid people to do his homework, and take tests for him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2020, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Little wonder the dufus prefers too wing it at the podium, because obviously he isn't the best reader of the written word. Gives credence to the rumor/allegation he has always paid people to do his homework, and take tests for him.
    He's never been on a vacation to travel around the US, stayed at campgrounds in national parks, eaten (and hobnobbed with locals) at small-town diners, gone fishing for sunfish and catfish in a countryside creek, or learned at least one language other than English (which he isn't good at either).
    Expert

Aug 8, 2020, 09:53 AM
    You can't be inferring he is disconnected from the reality of his fellow humans can you? Well the ORDINARY ones anyway. I think he doesn't really give a d@mn about anyone else but him and maybe his immediate family...MAYBE.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2020, 10:52 AM
    You can't be inferring he is disconnected from the reality of his fellow humans can you? Well the ORDINARY ones anyway. I think he doesn't really give a d@mn about anyone else but him and maybe his immediate family...MAYBE.
    And I so enjoy looking at all those photos and videos of him with Barron, laughing as they toss a ball back and forth, grilling hamburgers on the Weber on their patio, lying on the grass in the park, looking up at cloud formations, watching tv cartoons together while vegging on the couch.
    Expert

Aug 8, 2020, 12:48 PM
    Darn Google machine! Won't let me download those pictures! I find it amazing the dufus son's school is closed until October while he threatens everybody else's school to open up or lose federal funding, while not sending a dime for covid supplies, testing, or the required PPE to open. Does he think those poorer schools should pay for their own stuff with no money?

I asked our resident conservative that question a long time ago and got ZILCTH. Wonder why?

Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2020, 07:45 PM
    those poorer schools were open before, weren't they? look at all the money they saved so now they can put that to good use. i understand now why trump thinks you are stupid, at least some of you
    Expert

Aug 9, 2020, 04:39 AM
    Poor schools don't save enough money by being closed because of the virus to balance the costs of covid related expenses to reopen, and the subsequent inevitable spread that will follow. We have already started seeing that happen after just a week in schools that have reopened already. So it seems the stupid ones are actually those that listened to the dufus when he announced that kids are virtually immune from the virus in the first place.

I mean if reopening the economy too soon causes spikes in infections and death, you would have to be pretty stupid to think we wouldn't have the same outcome with reopening schools too fast.

The dufus thinks everybody that disagrees with him is stupid, which is a far bigger crowd that agrees with him.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2020, 04:06 PM

The dufus thinks everybody that disagrees with him is stupid, which is a far bigger crowd that agrees with him.
    Yes a big crowd but the crowd is huge considering everyone who agrees with him is also stupid
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2020, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    In a major step toward a dictatorship, Trump today tweeted that the presidential election should be delayed. His public reasoning is that mail-in voting is fraudulent. He says this without a scintilla of evidence. His real reason is that he is so far behind in the polls that his chances of re-election are close to zero.

Even his true-blue sycophants, McConnell and Graham, are aghast at Trump's idea.

Watch for even more drastic measures from the mouth of this evil man in the days leading up to November 3.

His latest more drastic measure is slowing down the Post Office so that election mail-in ballots will not be counted. Sorting machines are being removed - no one knows where. Overtime is forbidden. In case anyone was confused about Trump's reasons for the slow down, he actually admitted his reasons at a presser on Wednesday. To wit: "I want to make sure the mail-in ballots are not counted".

What other unlawful actions are in our future to ensure Trump wins re-election?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Top Secret NSA Document Proving Russians Aided Trump Election Campaign [ 12 Answers ]

The Rachel Maddow Show reported last night Thursday that she received an anonymous document in the mail that was marked Top Secret from the NSA. Within the document was the name of an American citizen (well-known) who was a member of the Trump transition team and who worked with Russian ...

Nj s election [ 1 Answers ]

Is there relief for filing s election late. The IRS provides relief if the s election is late?

View more questions Search