Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 06:25 AM
    Money Heist
    To those who are unfamiliar with'Money Heist';a group breaks into the Bank of Spain not to steal the money already in the vaults ,but to print new Euros . The leader of this gang calls himself 'the Professor ' .

In this scene the Professor explains to the chief 'inspector of the case 'stimulus ' or 'liquidity injections' better than any economist . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59xjFfSFYZw

This is a case of art imitating life . Or maybe it is life imitating art .

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...-second-check/

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 06:28 AM
    Or maybe it is a comedy based on the US economy
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 06:34 AM
    https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...p-sum_payments

What was the Aussie liquidity injection ? $8.8 billion ? Just like the US ,the Aussies create money that doesn't exist and expects future generations to pay for it .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...p-sum_payments

What was the Aussie liquidity injection ? $8.8 billion ? Just like the US ,the Aussies create money that doesn't exist and expects future generations to pay for it .
    a mere $8.8 billion has you exasperated, but you need to understand the difference between a $ sign and a % sign. we have just taken a leaf out of the US book and decided that debt is great, but unlike you we have a heart and no one goes hungry or without medical care. Watch this space because the tap will be turned off soon, before it reaches 50% of GDP. you really must keep up Tom the real bill is more than $8.8 billion

https://blog.grattan.edu.au/2020/04/...-in-the-world/

back to the days of the banana republic and the recession we really didn't need to have
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 07:33 AM
    and I'm sure none of that money will be going to rent seeking corporations under the guise of helping the worker or some other sort of bleeding heart cliché .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 04:12 PM
    What? what are you talking about? rent moratoriums and eviction moratoriums are in place, actually the money you complained about went to people like me, pensioners, and I used it to pay for a cataract operation, you could call my doctor a rent seeker
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2020, 05:23 AM
    and I'm sure none of that money will be going to rent seeking corporations under the guise of helping the worker or some other sort of bleeding heart cliché .
    I'm sure the banks are getting fees from that PPE money they funnel to the best and biggest customers. Look at the list of recipients and you tell me.

This is a better movie Tom. Bankers are illusionists.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 06:26 AM
    Tal I'll add it to my list .

Clete . You got the crumbs that they left for the pigeons .
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 01:35 PM
    Tal I'll add it to my list .

Clete . You got the crumbs that they left for the pigeons .
    No Tom you just don't understand the concept
    Expert

Jul 28, 2020, 07:01 AM
    Tom understands the supply side economy rather well Clete, and the skimming off the top as it trickles down.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2020, 04:00 PM
    yes tal so do I, but in times of rising unemployment the tide must be stemmed
    Expert

Jul 28, 2020, 05:49 PM
    Care to share?
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2020, 08:24 PM
    unfortunately, CV-19 response in lockdown at government direction has created a recession, therefore the government has responsibility to ease the pain inflicted on the community. One of the impacts is rising unemployment thus lower economic activity, the recovery must be supported
    Expert

Jul 29, 2020, 05:13 AM
    What bugs me is the piecemeal short term fixes, since it would seem prudent and more efficient to see this as a longer term disaster than we have so far. It's already been 6 months here and the problem is still growing which, incompetence aside indicates at least a year, maybe two of stagnant economic activity. That's a lot of sickness and death ahead, and little or no mitigation. Everybody is waiting for the quick easy fix, and not considering adjustments to weather a storm with no end in sight. Even where they have done great at slowing the spread of the virus, they still face the challenge of rebuilding and recovery while it is still very much present and active.

I agree government, no matter what ideological label you put on it, will be greatly pressed to live up to it's responsibility to it's people. Say good bye to what was normal though. That no longer applies.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2020, 06:15 AM
    Agreed, we are in a new era

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

70s movie about a heist [ 0 Answers ]

I saw this movie in the 70s, I believe. It was about some men and a woman who concocted a heist or something. They were in a welding shop when they concocted the scheme and celebrated by beating on metal and doing a native dance of some kind. There was a sail boat involved as well. Can anyone...

Need help identifying an old heist movie [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking for this movie title for quite a long time. I thought that it was a Danny Kaye movie, but I have looked up all of his movies and I can't match this particular one to any of them. The movie came out sometime in the 1950s, or maybe possibly in the early 1960s. I don't...

Diamond heist and a wipeout [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a movie from the late 60's or early 70's where a diamond is stolen. Its to be recut and at the very end the word: WIPEOUT flashes across the screen?

Movie where teens dress up like Blues Brothers to fake heist, but get into real heist [ 2 Answers ]

Three teens live in a backwater town where nothing ever happens, so they plan to put the town on the map by staging a mob hit. They put on black suits and sunglasses, then when one of them steps out of the diner the other two are supposed to stop the car, shoot him with blanks and throw him in the...

View more questions Search