Jul 20, 2020, 06:46 PM
    Sex after a hysterectomy
    1. Dryer
    2. Seems like I'm not as tight...
    Help plz
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2020, 05:20 AM
    How old are you? How long since the hysterectomy? Have you had follow up visits with your surgeon/doctor/ ObyGyn? Do you have a regular partner? If so what do they say?

https://innovativegyn.com/blog/sex-a...-hysterectomy/
    BecaNOtie1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2020, 01:45 PM
    I'm 31. I haven't seen that Dr since he told me I was good to go.
    My husband said he doesn't mind dryness, we do use lube, I just miss not needing to use it!!
    My husband says I go back and forth with the tightness...

Just wondering if this is normal.

And YES HE'S TGE ONLY ONE IM HAVING SEX WITH!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2020, 06:34 PM
    I think what's normal is what you are going through, and most get use to it, and cope with the changes better over time. You seem to have a loving supportive partner and that's a plus, as you work through your own fears, doubts and insecurities. I cannot remember exactly how long it took my wife to put aside her anxieties, but suspect the being in good health was a big relief for BOTH of us, and I think I do remember a few follow up visits. Not sure as there has been a lot of water under that bridge and a lot of great sex since.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hysterectomy [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and they just took the uterus. When I went to the bathroom I notice I qas spotting a little. What does that mean and what should I do?

Hysterectomy [ 1 Answers ]

I had a partial hysterectomy done and I'm young bt want to have a baby.I know I can still produce eggs.. please help me out because I'm married and my husband and I want at least one child together

Hysterectomy? [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had laproscopic surgery to remove several cysts from my ovaries and endometriosis from behind my uterus. Recently I have been having pain in my left lower back and pelvic area. I had a ct scan and it came back that I have several cysts on my left ovary the biggest being 3...

Do I need a Hysterectomy? [ 2 Answers ]

I been told it won't help,but I heard it will .I am 53 yrs old. I had a Leep a year ago.

Sex after hysterectomy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago. My husband and I decided to have sex and I started to to bleed. The bleeding didn't last but can you tell me if that's normal.

View more questions Search