Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2020, 07:47 AM
    There has been and will be something done to corral the criminals, but you cannot ignore the power to resist the law those criminals have and the resources and friends in high places to aid and abet those criminals.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2020, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There has been and will be something done to corral the criminals, but you cannot ignore the power to resist the law those criminals have and the resources and friends in high places to aid and abet those criminals.
    and this has to do with mail in votes, how? maybe it is the criminals who mail in votes, yah think?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 08:06 AM
    To it's credit ,CBS decided to test out mail in balloting to see if it can work in November . The parameters of the test were simple CBS mailed 100 ballots to locations across Philadelphia in an experiment to see how long it took the ballots to arrive. A post office box was set up to receive the returned ballots.A few days later, another 100 ballots were mailed to another 100 locations in the city. The results should frighten anyone who claims they are all about “every vote being counted.”

A week after initial ballots were sent, most ballots appeared to be missing from the P.O. box.
    “I don’t see anything back there for you,” a postal worker told Dokoupil when he received the mail. “That’s all I have back there right now.”
    After asking for a manager and explaining the situation to them, the votes were found.
    “They had them somewhere else,” the postal worker said.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...nted-election/

Out of the initial batch mailed a week earlier, 97 out of 100 votes had arrived. Three simulated persons, or 3% of voters, were effectively disenfranchised by mail by giving their ballots a week to arrive. In a close election, 3% could be pivotal.
    Four days after mailing the second batch of mock ballots, 21% of the votes hadn’t arrived.
    According to Postal Service recommendations, “voters should mail their return ballots at least one week prior to the due date.”
    However, nearly half of all states still allow voters to request ballots less than a week before the election.
    The system was not built to handle 120 million mailed ballots. Processing and protecting those ballots is beyond the abilities of almost every state as has been proven true in the spring primaries .

And that is not just the Presidential election that is at stake . Scores of State and local elections will be impacted with the potential for many weeks of delays in announcing winners and the avalanche of law suits that are sure to follow.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 04:25 PM
    just because they are being delivered to the one address they can't be handled, incredible
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 04:41 PM
    and that's just one address . In the US there are 174,252 voting precincts .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 04:44 PM
    The lesson to be learned is that voting is a bad idea because the problem is just too big
    Expert

Jul 26, 2020, 04:51 PM
    Maybe Wall Street can lease our government, including USPS, their super computer. I heard it can do everything money related super fast and accurately. All those issues you outlined Tom, can be easily overcome with modern technology, and education.

The real question is why hasn't it?
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 04:52 PM
    Voting has a proven track record when eligible voters go to a polling place and their vote is verified by poll watchers .
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 05:03 PM
    yes as long as there are no hanging shards, eh?
    Expert

Jul 26, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Horses were reliable for centuries before cars came along.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2020, 08:07 PM
    so was the abacus before the calculator and the computer, but Tom believes in eighteenth century technology just as he believes in eighteenth century thought. Bring back the quill pen, yells Tom and my trusty dispatch rider will deliver my vote
    Expert

Jul 27, 2020, 04:52 AM
    Maybe he forgets the voting tactics of a guessing how many jellybeans in a jar, and ignores it's been upgraded to closing polling places and using raggedy old voting machines that most don't work, nor the closing of DMV's in urban high population areas to the suburbs with little or no bus services, and restricted service hours. Good luck getting a REQUIRED ID to vote.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 05:45 AM
    Mail delivery dates back to 2400 BE in Egypt. The US Postal system was established in the Continental Congress in 1775 before the Revolution and the Constitutional Convention . So don't talk to me about using 17th and 18th century technology . 21st century tabulation is already utilized at most American polling places . Tal's concerns can be addressed much easier than the wholesale disenfranchisement that mail in balloting is proving to occur .
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 06:00 AM
    wholesale disenfranchisement
    what big words you use , grandma, but in fact not allowing mail voting and making sure it is effective is wholesale disenfranchisement
    Expert

Jul 27, 2020, 06:22 AM
    Makes sense during a pandemic, or frankly any other time that ways to REDUCE long lines and waiting for hours to vote could and should be eliminated. Voting by mail doesn't have to be disenfranchising as conservatives claim, considering the postal services and it's contractors delivery not just the mail, but groceries and goods quick and fast. Not using the tools and technology available to make voting easier, safer, and more accurate is a travesty.

You don't trust USPS, or citizens, then let Amazon do it, instead of dismissing a viable option used already in places quite well I might add despite your stats, a plan to address EVERYBODIES concerns would be preferable to doing NOTHING given the current issues as I have outlined.

If not for conservatives going along with the dufus pooh poohing mail in voting the problem can be solved rather easily with upgrading the system like people routinely upgrade their devices, and back up their files. More fair than purging people for changing their addresses, or clerical errors. I know 50 state governments still using 20th century outdated systems in the 21st century. So do you. No wonder we are bogged down and overwhelmed in services we need to provide.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 06:23 AM
    Who said not allowing it ? It has it's place for expatriates ,people who are not in their district at during the days of the voting , military personnel assigned overseas ,college students living on campus away from home ,the disabled and elderly who cannot make it to the polling places . This business that everyone vote by mail for convenience or for fear of C-19 is absurd . I'm telling you right now America is not even close to ready for the disaster this election cycle is going to deliver . One month later and they are still counting districts in NY in all Democrat primaries . That fact alone is enough to rest my case .
    Expert

Jul 27, 2020, 06:32 AM
    LOL, you should get out more. The burbs are the place for you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2020, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Who said not allowing it ? It has it's place for expatriates ,people who are not in their district at during the days of the voting , military personnel assigned overseas ,college students living on campus away from home ,the disabled and elderly who cannot make it to the polling places . This business that everyone vote by mail for convenience or for fear of C-19 is absurd . I'm telling you right now America is not even close to ready for the disaster this election cycle is going to deliver . One month later and they are still counting districts in NY in all Democrat primaries . That fact alone is enough to rest my case .
    So your objection is; if it is generally allowed the voting system will be overwhelmed, the election system is already a disaster by your definition and this would be the last nail in the coffin. What do you care if the vote counting is delayed in demonrat constituencies
    Expert

Jul 27, 2020, 06:55 PM
    Repubs holler fraud and implement stringent "safeguards" that mostly target dems anyway as a backlash to the changing demographics of the population. That's where we get the defunding of the post office during a pandemic, that is, much like everybody, is spending covid related money for supplies and juggle schedules of USPS workers who get sick, and can't work.

Shutting down the post office is just a set up to stop mail in voting pushed by dems.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2020, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    . I'm telling you right now America is not even close to ready for the disaster this election cycle is going to deliver . One month later and they are still counting districts in NY in all Democrat primaries . That fact alone is enough to rest my case .
    Yes but in a real election where the result matters they would do better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A great business idea is [ 4 Answers ]

a.all you need to succeed b. something that comes along once in a lifetime c.an idea that no one else has ever thought of. d. the beginning of a great business

NY forgets to mail absentee ballots to the troops [ 8 Answers ]

Mayor Bloomy and Sen Schmuck Schumer are feigning outrage over the fact that as many as 20,000 absentee ballots were not sent to troops serving overseas . Board of Elections gaffe may nullify New York soldiers' overseas absentee ballots I wonder if Eric Holder will have time on his busy...

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

View more questions Search