Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2020, 08:55 AM
    thermostat wires
    i cut my thermostat hvac wires by mistake, nasa twist and put then back together, now the thermostat stat dont come on, i waited about 15 minuets, reset somewhere? thank you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2020, 03:43 PM
    Thermostat reset? https://www.aireserv.com/about/blog/...al-thermostat/ If you could be more specific like what the thermostat is doing, blank, blinking.

Jul 17, 2020, 06:15 PM
    ty, i an looking, screen is blank, new battery, no lights on the furnace, furnace does have power, so i an still looking, thank you

Jul 18, 2020, 08:50 AM
    thank you for helping, condenser reset is ok, i can not find any reset buttons in the rheem 100,000, 80 % at all, thermostat is black, i tried to jump the ac and the heat at the furnace, got nothing, so, when i cut the thermostat wires by mistake, small spark when i cut the wires , i guess i triped or burned up something, no falt lights at the furnace
    thank you for your help, riuchard
    follow up, looks liks a 3 amp fuze blow, looks like a car fuze, will a reg 3 anp car fuze work ?? thank you

Jul 18, 2020, 11:25 AM
    follow up, looks liks a 3 amp fuze blow, looks like a car fuze, will a reg 3 anp car fuze work ?? thank you

Jul 18, 2020, 12:01 PM
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 01:00 PM
    I would replace it with the same thing that failed, but those kinds of fuses are often a symptom of a short in other components. An HVAC store can advise you best, and no I won't tell you to replace the fuse from your car or Auto Zone.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2020, 08:11 AM
    I think it's possible you blew the fuse when you cut the wires (and saw a spark).
    Try a fuse. Since you're dealing with 24 volts, I think a car fuse of appropriate amp rating will work.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Jul 19, 2020, 09:37 AM
    ty, i did a car fuze, works fine !!!!!!!!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I connect old, unmarked thermostat wires to new thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have an old mercury Honeywell thermostat with two unmarked wires sticking out of the wall. They almost look like thin audio cables, with one lighter than the other. I was planning on replacing it with a new Thermostat for the forced hot air gas furnace (which is probably about 10-20...

Need help with old Fedders thermostat wires. The old color wires go to what. [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing old Fedders with Honeywell thermostat Asked by Amador On Jul 18, 2007 Share this question: I am replacing an old Fedders thermostat with a new Honeywell. The new thermostat ask to identify wires for Rh Rc W why & G My old Fedders has V H C & F Can someone tell me which equates...

How to connect red and white wires to a thermostat with G, why, W, RH and RC wires? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to change a Honeywell RTH 6400, to a LUX TX 500

Which wires should I use on my new thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a Carrier builders non prog thermostat which controls my AC-heat (and air exchange) - The wires hooked in it were white in W, Yellow in Y, Green in G, Red in R and black in C. The orange and blue wires were not used. I purchased a Honeywell RTH4300B. I switch off the main breaker and...

Thermostat Wires - Only 2 Wires (both black) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm switching my thermostat for a newer digital one, though when I took out the old thermostat, there were only 2 black wires with white stripes on them. The new thermostat calls for an RH wire and a W wire, but I have no way of distinguishing the two apart. How can I tell which wire...

View more questions Search