Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 05:34 PM
    You do know we don't care what you think?
    Don't you?

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...b9c9a74752af94

Once again americans have demonstrated they can't keep their nose out of someone else's politics. The failed state that is the USA wants to offer advice on dealing with CV19 and from a failed politician no less. Yes, our measures may seem draconian but they are somewhat more successful in containing CV19 than those employed in the US.

This empty head thinks lockdown is enslavement. Enslavement, for the benefit of americans who don't know what it is, is forced labour. No one is forced to work here but people are placed into lockdown for the public protection in a situation where CV19 is spreading. If america had done the same they may have less cases and less deaths. This empty headed republican demonstrates that being in lock step with TRUMP is a death sentence
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 04:27 AM
    You guy's are hard up for news or what? Nobody here even knows this sychophant knucklehead.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:08 AM
    Well it's a diversion from the bad news
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 08:54 AM
    Yet, I'm wondering, what will a lockdown accomplish? What will determine its ending? And once it has ended, won't the latent CV-19 wake up and go to work making people sick and killing them?
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yet, I'm wondering, what will a lockdown accomplish? What will determine its ending? And once it has ended, won't the latent CV-19 wake up and go to work making people sick and killing them?
    The lockdown is to keep a bunch of folks from being sick at the same time and overwhelming the hospitals, supplies and staff. It ends when the numbers of infections and hospitalizations is manageable. Without effective treatments, or a vaccine, or the ability to test in great numbers quickly, yes the spread is unknown, and unchecked, and totally unpredictable, and totally unmanageable.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The lockdown is to keep a bunch of folks from being sick at the same time and overwhelming the hospitals, supplies and staff. It ends when the numbers of infections and hospitalizations is manageable. Without effective treatments, or a vaccine, or the ability to test in great numbers quickly, yes the spread is unknown, and unchecked, and totally unpredictable, and totally unmanageable.
    Thanks, tal. And we have already seen what happens -- and are still seeing (e.g., Florida, Texas...) what happens -- when people tire of lockdowns. The only real salvation will be a vaccine?
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:52 AM
    As Tom says we don't know when that vaccine will be developed or if it ever will, so all we can do is readjust the national thinking to make people follow the guidelines of masks and social distancing etc. Houston Tx is asking the governor to shut the city down as that's how wild it's getting in that city.

Shutdowns are IMPOSSIBLE without state, local, and federal assistance, and that means money, which repubs only give to rich people.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 04:26 PM
    As Tom says we don't know when that vaccine will be developed or if it ever will, so all we can do is readjust the national thinking to make people follow the guidelines of masks and social distancing etc. Houston Tx is asking the governor to shut the city down as that's how wild it's getting in that city.

Shutdowns are IMPOSSIBLE without state, local, and federal assistance, and that means money, which repubs only give to rich people.
    Yes maybe that has what has made our lockdown successful, the government taking the heat out by being generous, but even that has to end
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes maybe that has what has made our lockdown successful, the government taking the heat out by being generous, but even that has to end
    Eventually, yes the "generosity must end, but have a care, without a solid solution the virus will linger and resurface for sometime to come from what I have gleaned so far. I suspect the socioeconomic structure is the main ingredient across the world Clete, as we don't seem to have a social structure to sustain a lockdown adequately enough to curb the virus. Never have and the virus has exposed that. Our unwillingness to address that is biting us in the butt. The market solution cannot help us as applied in it's current form.

LOL, Disney in HK is being shutdown after less than 100 new cases, while Disney in Florida remains open at half capacity while the set records for new cases, as an example of the failed market solution. We depend on bars, restaurant, and such businesses to rescue our economy when it's but a stopgap disaster, as they are forced to close again. Insanity.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 05:07 PM
    Eventually, yes the "generosity must end, but have a care, without a solid solution the virus will linger and resurface for sometime to come from what I have gleaned so far. I suspect the socioeconomic structure is the main ingredient across the world Clete, as we don't seem to have a social structure to sustain a lockdown adequately enough to curb the virus. Never have and the virus has exposed that. Our unwillingness to address that is biting us in the butt. The market solution cannot help us as applied in it's current form.

LOL, Disney in HK is being shutdown after less than 100 new cases, while Disney in Florida remains open at half capacity while the set records for new cases, as an example of the failed market solution. We depend on bars, restaurant, and such businesses to rescue our economy when it's but a stopgap disaster, as they are forced to close again. Insanity.
    Tal we have gotten used to the seasonal flu and we will get used to this, the panic will subside but you have a much more ingrained bar and restaurant culture than we do which may account for some of the spread. The cures are not far away, but the fallout will last a long time, many businesses will close forever
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:26 PM
    Others will take their place. Always been that way.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:29 PM
    only if people have the money otherwise the chains take over
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 07:01 AM
    What's new with that?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 12:46 PM
    who ? if you look at the demographics of the new infections ,the highest group is the young bubble heads who when they weren't 'peacefully protesting' in mass gatherings or knocking down statues of people they both loath and admire indiscriminately ,were flocking to the beaches or having alcohol induced covid parties . This wasn't the public officials . They tried their best to imprison us .
    Maybe in Aussie your youth are sheeple who do everything their leaders tell them to do without question. But here you can only keep people locked down for so long ;especially when the narrative keeps changing .

BTW ,if all you Aussies were good little sheeple following the rules then why a second round of shut downs ?

The problem here is leaders like il duce is allowing the power to get to their heads . I'm trying to visit other areas so I can get the hell out of NY permanently .But if I leave now he will have me quarantined for 2 weeks and I'll face a fine if I don't share contact info with local authorities .I've already had C-19 and all the health officials in my area know about it . They almost put billboards up announcing it . So why do I have to put up with that garbage when I already have the anti-bodies ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    So why do I have to put up with that garbage when I already have the anti-bodies ?
    Because you can get it again. Plus, it can lurk inside you and cause all sorts of grief.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 01:09 PM
    if we can get re-infected again then the pursuit of vaccines and all this lock down garbage is indeed a waste . How much longer do you thing you can strangle an economy ? Many people do not get needed care now because of this myopic focus on a single disease . Better we protect the very vulnerable and let the rest of the people get on with their lives .
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:16 PM
    Maybe in Aussie your youth are sheeple who do everything their leaders tell them to do without question. But here you can only keep people locked down for so long ;especially when the narrative keeps changing .

BTW ,if all you Aussies were good little sheeple following the rules then why a second round of shut downs ?
    Stupidity knows no national boundries, I'm sure you are aware of that Tom, but we have large numbers of young who think they are bulletproof and more so because the rate of infection was low and confined to returning travellers and plague ship voyagers. Then we had security guards interacting with those quarantined and carrying it into the community. As you know the virus is virilant enough to spread quickly
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:27 PM
    if we can get re-infected again then the pursuit of vaccines and all this lock down garbage is indeed a waste . How much longer do you thing you can strangle an economy ? Many people do not get needed care now because of this myopic focus on a single disease . Better we protect the very vulnerable and let the rest of the people get on with their lives .
    Yeah having a million sick people a day at the hospitals makes sense. We can't even handle the 60,000 on average at day we have now. Now what?

PS. Fleeing NY? Better be happy with a virtual tour and why should other states just take your word for YOUR herd immunity, or antibodies? Everybody is vulnerable, and health issues at any age makes a difference in recovery if there is one.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:34 PM
    What you are really saying is the buck rules and is more important than lives. How do you protect the vulnerable when many deaths are among the elderly crowded together in nursing homes or among those with lifestyle illnesses. Will you wear a mask and stay your distance?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:52 PM
    What you are really saying is the buck rules and is more important than lives.
    you are not stupid so then you know that living will be horrible if we don't have the means to support it . Tell me what human society was sustained without people showing up for work every day . This model of everyone staying home is not even sustainable in the short run and you know it .
    Will you wear a mask and stay your distance?
    of course . I have no intention of getting anyone sick . It is as you said . New cases are predominantly young fools of the pampered generation . No law was going to keep them from congregating at the beaches when it got hot . And no bar closures was going to prevent them from buying their booze at the liquor store instead and recreating the bar scene in their homes . We paid these morons to NOT work . Now you see the result of that idiotic policy .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anybody (AND I MEAN ANYBODY) make me care for a brother who is in a care home? [ 4 Answers ]

The powers of attorney over my brother have admitted him to a care home because, he cannot care for himself any longer. Can the POAs make a sibling pay for the care? They admitted him without telling me and they signed the agreement with the care home.

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Splitting Payments for child care - do I pay directly to ex wife or day care? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have been separated, but not legally; yet. Payments for child care come from her paycheck. I pay her half in a check at the beginning of each month. What is the best choice for tax purposes - to continue paying her half at the beginning of each month, or to begin paying the child's...

Why doesn't the courts care about the kids but only care about the exs [ 7 Answers ]

My ex lives at home with her mother brother and father and her two kids .one of them being mine . She can not work she can not drive she doesn't bathe or feed the kids cps goes over there once a week and says everything is fine what should I do . The courts don't care as long as they get there...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search