Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What is so great about 20th and 21st century thinking ? Millions dead by totalitarians and millions more by progressive thinking that doesn t value human life .Now we have Maoist and Trotskyites marauding in the streets trying like Taliban and ISIS to destroy our history and their intellectual movement to destroy independent thought . You can have it .
    What makes you think it was different in the eighteenth century, they had great wars, numbers only limited by population, and millions subjected and enslaved. We have progressed in one thing, slavery is no longer in favour, but the disrespect for human life remains. the elite still rule and crush, it is time those values so highly prized changes to something more benign and encompassing. The Taliban and ISIS are a fundamentalist backlash against the tyranny of the elites so typified by that eighteenth century though you value so highly
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 03:44 AM
    The 18th century gave us the age of enlightenment .Of that was born the greatest experiment in self rule ,the United States . That is what the ANTIFAs of the planet are trying to destroy ,reason and debate in favor of Orwellian group think .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 04:51 AM
    The 18th century gave us the age of enlightenment .Of that was born the greatest experiment in self rule ,the United States . That is what the ANTIFAs of the planet are trying to destroy ,reason and debate in favor of Orwellian group think .
    Enlightenment? Or the Devil in disguise?

Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 06:02 AM
    You don't need them to destroy it, you are doing it yourselves
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2020, 07:46 AM
    The great American experiment has hit a great stone wall for the moment. It happens in most societies.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The great American experiment has hit a great stone wall for the moment. It happens in most societies.

Yes it seems empires and civilisations have a finite life
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 04:38 AM
    Some for thousands of years.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:07 AM
    Not really
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:58 AM
    Sure really. The thing is will your country, or mine last that long? Everybody around us has.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 04:21 PM
    Sure really. The thing is will your country, or mine last that long? Everybody around us has.
    My country has been inhabited for 60,000 years so it can be done without civilisation and empire
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:09 PM
    And you guys came along and screwed it up for the natives while making it for your own purpose. America may be as old as 90,000 years or more, just to one up you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 05:15 PM
    And you guys came along and screwed it up for the natives while making it for your own purpose. America may be as old as 90,000 years or more, just to one up you.
    Nah your indigenous came across the land bridge after the last ice age. let's face it none of us know how long humans have inhabited this world but we do know large tracts were uninhabitable for eons. Primitive societies existed. Don't talk about us screwing it up for the natives without including yourself in that. Your intrusion into that continent was just as much a disaster as ours was here
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:22 PM
    I can agree with that. I just thought you were being a bit snotty is all.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:36 PM
    I can agree with that. I just thought you were being a bit snotty is all.
    we didn't conduct wars with the indigenous inhabitants, no need for that, many died of disease and there weren't that many anyway. their culture was based on sharing so they had no concept of land ownership, that is a concept they acquired from us. conflict centred around taking of domestic livestock
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    we didn't conduct wars with the indigenous inhabitants, no need for that, many died of disease and there weren't that many anyway.
    They were no threat, but helpless as any indigenous people to diseases brought by invaders. They couldn't stop you from coming anymore than our indigenous could stop the Euros.

their culture was based on sharing so they had no concept of land ownership, that is a concept they acquired from us. conflict centred around taking of domestic livestock
    Dress it up but same thing as I said before, you came over and took over like we did. Less bloody but same results. We did have more Natives to contend with and they did try to fight the Euros off.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 05:53 AM
    They were no threat, but helpless as any indigenous people to diseases brought by invaders. They couldn't stop you from coming anymore than our indigenous could stop the Euros.

Dress it up but same thing as I said before, you came over and took over like we did. Less bloody but same results. We did have more Natives to contend with and they did try to fight the Euros off.
    Yes ours did fight too, in pockets, but they were few, just family groups really and they didn't realise the threat, didn't understand the British would just keep coming, just as they did in the americas. Your legacy and ours has the same rootes, but the two nations have a very different ethos
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 06:42 AM
    Of course we have a different ethos because you are much more white Euro dominated and we are becoming less. DUH!
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:21 PM
    Of course we have a different ethos because you are much more white Euro dominated and we are becoming less. DUH!
    We are the most diverse population on Earth, as the song line says "from all the lands on earth we come" and that is represented among our politicians but we haven't gone down the road of rabid capitalism as you have

The difference is most of us came here by our own free will, none of us were stolen away and forced to labour under the lash
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:37 PM
    The difference is most of us came here by our own free will, none of us were stolen away and forced to labour under the lash
    What about the British and Irish convicts who were taken to Australia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:37 PM
    We are the most diverse population on Earth, as the song line says "from all the lands on earth we come" and that is represented among our politicians but we haven't gone down the road of rabid capitalism as you have

I see you have your own homebrewed snake oil of which you have generously partaken of Clete. That's cool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

If I use a VPN service and log in at MSN at the same time won't my id be revealed? [ 1 Answers ]

If I use a VPN service and log in at MSN at the same time won't MSN give me away if someone can cross reference the ip?

7 year affair just revealed [ 14 Answers ]

On this past July 4th I found out that my husband of almost 30 years has been involved with another woman for 7 years! Their relationship began when he was going away on weekends to visit a disabled relative in a neighboring state. Everyone thought he was a saint for sacrificing at least 2 weekends...

View more questions Search