Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Every place but the USA shutdown until they got the virus under control. We cannot duplicate what they are doing without doing the work involved at least to the extent the NY metroplex did.

That's the flaw in the dufus/conservative plan to reopen everything. See the difference?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/0...ta-ldn-vpx.cnn
    Even with a limited lockdown Victoria has a second wave stated by dickheads, demonstrators, security who have no morals, and party goers, not to mention those who bring it in from overseas. we are becoming less tolerant to returning expats who are a source of infection. our generosity is over now you pay for your lockdown in a hotel and I hear if you can't afford business class you don't fly. That becomes a very expensive trip back with no prospect of employment

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...8532f3a07748ef

however undaunted Victorians are determined to spread the joy, I was in a restraurant the other day and a family of Victorians were turned away after openly admitting they had been in Victoria in the last week, that is after the lockdown and after the NSW premier called for them to stay away. I was next in line so they placed a person more than 70 at risk. There was sign clearly saying if you are from Victoria you cannot enter

I expect we will back in lockdown here within a week as clusters associated with travelling Victorians show up in Sydney, and elsewhere. What is it with Victorians? well ethnically they are the same as the Italians who suffered in Europe and have high concentrations of other migrant communities, they have a culture of big sporting events and other large gatherings and it seems a culture of inflicting themselves on others. A group was caught trying to cross the Queensland border illegally, that is more than a thousand miles from home
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 03:50 AM
    At least you guy's are aware of the problem, and not just hoping you can live a normal life because the virus is nothing but a mild flu that will go away all by itself. There is great hope for a country that doesn't have wholesale idiots saying stupid stuff to the public.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:12 AM
    Oh we have those who want to go back to business as usual, I think what we have done is an over reaction the response could have been more measured given the low rate of infection
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:53 AM
    That takes wisdom and forethought and not even Aussies can handle that!
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 04:24 PM
    How do you forethink a virus?
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:02 PM
    It's happened before enough times already hasn't it? Pretty dumb to think it won't happen again. What did the dufus do? Throw away the old playbook that presidents before had compiled for the next one. That's why he is a dufus, to dumb to get it out of the garbage pail and read it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 05:10 PM
    This is what happens when you are "led" by a raging ego
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:18 PM
    America has a ginorous ego, and this virus is a humbling experience.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    America has a ginorous ego, and this virus is a humbling experience.
    Doesn't the Bible say something about that? the proud will be brought low? the first shall be last? not the mention end times plagues and pestilence

guess you guys thought you were above all that, eh?
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 04:12 AM
    Only those listening to the dufus think that kind of loony stuff Clete, and I'll admit there are a lot of them.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 04:07 PM
    How do you forethink a virus?
    ask the leading scientist in the world Dr Fauxi he was funding research in Wuhan . He was warning in his vague and uncommitted language in 2017 that there was a possibility of a pandemic in the near future .WHAT GREAT SCIENTIFIC FORECASTING !!!
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 06:30 PM
    Wish you could be an equal opportunity nitpicker especially at a time the dufus is dissing Fauci because he never cosigns for his dufus stuff.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 06:42 PM
    Trump diss everyone even those who are in his camp, the EGO can't stand any other opinion
    Expert

Jul 16, 2020, 08:44 AM
    Strikes me as funny that the slightest bit of virus detection gets other countries into action, but here we just keep ignoring it until it's really bad, and the refrigerator trucks get ordered.

I mean how is not wearing a mask during a pandemic NOT mandatory?
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2020, 02:58 PM
    Freedom, my dear tal, you can't restrict freedom even to protect people from themselves
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Freedom, my dear tal, you can't restrict freedom even to protect people from themselves
    How explain the millions drafted to serve in war, hundreds of thousands dying?
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 06:44 AM
    A case in point, it only works when there is a tangible threat, but a virus, you can't fight with a gun only with discipline
    Expert

Jul 17, 2020, 07:58 AM
    You mean a commitment to address the threat effectively. Sometimes you need a gun, sometimes you need science, got nothing to do with freedom when you're in a dogfight for your life.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 04:22 PM
    It has a lot to do with freedom, we have taken the view that some freedoms have to be curtailed for the greater good, it works to a point, but morons can always undo good work
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 01:09 PM
    Our politicians may not be mandating the safety of masks but stores and retailers are. No mask, no entry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repell all borders [ 8 Answers ]

It isn't enough we spend our time chasing indonesian and Sri Lankan fishing boats loaded with people, now the Russians have become boat people Viking ship spotted off remote NT island - ) http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-18/viking-ship-spotted-off-nt/4266796?section=nt

So much for open borders [ 25 Answers ]

The European Union's experiment in becoming a of a "united, integrated Europe" continues to meet reality. Meanwhile back in the States, will we continue forging down the same failed pathways as our European counterparts?

Do we have borders or not! [ 14 Answers ]

I just watched a story about our borders and lack of being able to control them, and the guy they interviewed said the twelve million illegals already in this country, without documentation or credential, should be aloud to stay... because "they're here already" No account on how they are taking...

CSS borders show up for th but not td [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have the following in my css file, and then have a table defined with <table class="whiteBoard">. For some reason, my th cells show the black borders around the cells as I would expect, but the td cells do not. I can't figure out why the td cells have no borders. Anyone see...

Paint over borders? [ 3 Answers ]

I have borders in the rooms that I will be painting with new latex paint. Can I paint the room over the existing borders and then repaint the borders with a different color paint to highlight them, to make them seem that they are a new border without the detail and just a new paint color? I will...

View more questions Search