Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 08:43 PM
    Australian borders close again
    Lockdown has taken a leap backwards as state borders join international borders in closure. Victoria is now closed to international arrivals and its neighbours as well. CV19 is escalating in the state of Victoria while the rest of the nation remains relatively free of the scourge. It seems that migrants, both new and old, just don't get the message despite the message being disseminated in various languages. One wonders if this is the reason it spreads world wide, just plain unwillingness to assimilate and cooperate

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...worry/12423934

meanwhile one racist stokes the flames

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...2d1f99ed29b171
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    One wonders if this is the reason it spreads world wide, just plain unwillingness to assimilate and cooperate
    No wonder about it. That's the main reason for the spread - unwillingness fed by ignorance.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2020, 02:11 AM
    They could probably cooperate if they could afford it. We see the same dynamic here Clete, with low wage, but ESSENTIAL services migrants, and citizens in small cramped multi occupied apartments, and young buck wild youths with more energy than brains.

A veritable petri dish for virus growth and spread.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    They could probably cooperate if they could afford it. We see the same dynamic here Clete, with low wage, but ESSENTIAL services migrants, and citizens in small cramped multi occupied apartments, and young buck wild youths with more energy than brains.

A veritable petri dish for virus growth and spread.
    Yes no common sense, they destroyed the place they came from and they think they can do the same here, they are locked up and they bleet like sheep, They are not loosing out to poorly paid jobs, their benefits have been increased, but they won't be tested. They represent pockets of infection, just like cruise ships. Yes, it is hard to be in isolation, this week I will visit some of my family I haven't seen in six months, but I can only do that because they live in the same state
    Expert

Jul 6, 2020, 07:04 AM
    LOL, excited this morning are we? Frustrated about the virus making you isolate yourselves. Ungrateful immigrants are another story though.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 08:30 AM
    unwillingness to assimilate and cooperate
    wow you keeps saying stuff like that your statue is going to come down here .
    Expert

Jul 6, 2020, 03:53 PM
    We have Australian statues in America? Whose idea was that?
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 04:09 PM
    Oh we have that same silly idea here borrowed from you, pulling down statues of people we once though great just becuase they dared to set foot on indigenous land, covid 19 brings out the silliness in people
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 04:33 PM
    The American Taliban needs no reason to destroy American cultural symbols They are on a frenzy now . Latest examples ... a statue of Frederic Douglas was toppled the 4th of July on the anniversary of his famous speech . Disney just released a movie of the very successful musical about Alexander Hamilton. Now they want that taken down over some charge that Hamilton was a slave trader .The truth is he despised slavery .He urged the enlistment of black soldiers in Washington’s army.In NY he became President of the Manumission Society, But He had worked as a clerk for a slave trader as a youth ,and his wife's family were slave holders . So CANCEL one of the greatest of the founders The nut jobs even torched a statue of an elk in Portland . Actually smoked elk is rather tasty . hmmm
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 05:21 PM
    They toppled the statue of King Louis IX of France (13th century king). Seems he was the one the city of St. Louis is named after. Considered one of the most enlightened monarchs of Europe, his sin was fighting the Crusades. You know, those wars Europe fought after Islam swept over and conquered the original homeland of Christianity.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    They toppled the statue of King Louis IX of France (13th century king). Seems he was the one the city of St. Louis is named after. Considered one of the most enlightened monarchs of Europe, his sin was fighting the Crusades. You know, those wars Europe fought after Islam swept over and conquered the original homeland of Christianity.
    Don't you see it he fought against a coloured race, arabs, this is the revenge of Islam thinly disguised
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 06:46 PM
    Revolutionaries who would topple the old ruling order do topple statues . The American revolutionaries toppled a statue of King George III in NYC to celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence. So yeah there is a parallel between those who want to destroy the country and those who wanted to break the bonds of union with the British crown and even more appropriate ;the comparison of the anarchy that became the French revolution.

The cancel culture today reminds me of the Jacobins and their version of political correctness. Of course they eventually ran out of enemies outside their ranks and turned on each other .

The United States created a nation that has lasted 233 years . The French revolution ended in Napoleon's dictatorship.

BTW Clete . we do have foreign statues here . One of the most revered evidently is that one of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle . That one will never be toppled by the anarchists . They revere it too much
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 07:49 PM
    why do you have a statue of Lenin the arch enemy of capitalism and yes you have a foreign statue; the statue of Liberty
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    why do you have a statue of Lenin the arch enemy of capitalism and yes you have a foreign statue; the statue of Liberty
    The Lenin statue is private that somebody bought when communism was collapsing in Eastern Europe and Russia. The owner couldn't sell it and the city stored it where it is now waiting for a buyer since the city didn't know what to do with it. It is usually graffiti-ed and vandalized. NOBODY REVERES IT, TOM.

Liberty is hardly a foreign statue. It is arguably the most famous statue in the world gifted to the US by the French people. The model was the sculptor's mother. Come on, you knew that.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 04:27 AM
    LOL, Lady Liberty has long been a beacon of hope, until the dufus came along and started talking hate. At least there are no statutes of him yet! Are there? Bad enough he plasters his name all over the place, some of which have been taken down since he became president.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 11:01 AM
    When I was in Paris I saw at least 2 of the model statues of Lady Liberty . What
    Athos said about it is correct . But I have to wonder why he thinks that a statue of Lenin is safe because it is privately owned . That I think would not stop the rabid mob of nihilists . No statue has been safe to date .
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 11:39 AM
    Breaking News!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarat.../#6bc025e77c26

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...6d3922c866e310
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 12:51 PM
    What is the mortality rate ? We have this new spike (they finally admitted that the 'peaceful protests ' had something to do with it . ) . But the mortality rate is lowering . Maybe the President has a point in saying that some of the spike is due to increased testing .
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Mortality rates lag behind from a week to 21 days, and can go even longer, but testing can take up to a few days for results, and of course does find many more than just those hospitalized, but the real purpose is knowing who to isolate so it doesn't spread further, faster, without knowing. Is that a reason to not test? Of course not, and we all figured everybody would eventually get infected, and that's just what most epidemic/pandemic models have always shown. That's always been a given. Infections aren't the important number, but infection rates and effects on the health care system, and for treatment/isolation/quarantine purposes. In this area we are woefully behind and inadequately prepared to this day which makes the encounter of unknown spreaders highly likely, mask or NOT!

Any event can be a disease spreader, protests, rallies, speeches etc. DINNER TABLES, almost anyplace with any kind of human activity. yes Tom we know more than we did when it started but much more to learn so go ahead and listen to the dufus and your pocket book.

The virus is the #1 priority until you capitalists get smarter than the scientist.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What is the mortality rate ? We have this new spike (they finally admitted that the 'peaceful protests ' had something to do with it . ) . But the mortality rate is lowering . Maybe the President has a point in saying that some of the spike is due to increased testing .
    the spike is due to increased infection and beware the second wave and the third so all you can do is proceed with caution

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repell all borders [ 8 Answers ]

It isn't enough we spend our time chasing indonesian and Sri Lankan fishing boats loaded with people, now the Russians have become boat people Viking ship spotted off remote NT island - ) http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-18/viking-ship-spotted-off-nt/4266796?section=nt

So much for open borders [ 25 Answers ]

The European Union's experiment in becoming a of a "united, integrated Europe" continues to meet reality. Meanwhile back in the States, will we continue forging down the same failed pathways as our European counterparts?

Do we have borders or not! [ 14 Answers ]

I just watched a story about our borders and lack of being able to control them, and the guy they interviewed said the twelve million illegals already in this country, without documentation or credential, should be aloud to stay... because "they're here already" No account on how they are taking...

CSS borders show up for th but not td [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have the following in my css file, and then have a table defined with <table class="whiteBoard">. For some reason, my th cells show the black borders around the cells as I would expect, but the td cells do not. I can't figure out why the td cells have no borders. Anyone see...

Paint over borders? [ 3 Answers ]

I have borders in the rooms that I will be painting with new latex paint. Can I paint the room over the existing borders and then repaint the borders with a different color paint to highlight them, to make them seem that they are a new border without the detail and just a new paint color? I will...

View more questions Search