Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2020, 01:10 AM
    Home theater system problem
    i have a samsung dvd home theater system HT-WX70 player that a couple of speaker outputs are not working can anybody tell what might be the problem.also what would cause the casing of the dvd player to be live,cause when i plug in a speaker ground and touch the pos wire to the casing it sparks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 05:30 AM
    I don't know why you are creating a short by touch a pos wire (That carries a charge) to the casing, just never heard of that, but as to the speaker outputs, you need a visual examination as well as testing the components (Including speakers.) to find the failure cause. I generally review YouTube DIY videos for such instructions.

Tedious to say the least, but highly instructive. Got an ohm meter? Are you using a remote?
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2020, 07:45 AM
    got a ohms reader no remote
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 08:13 AM
    I always start at the manual and work from there.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/14...70.html#manual

Which includes a trouble shooter section. See if you have any of the listed symptoms.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/14...page=34#manual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up my Samsung home theater system? [ 5 Answers ]

I have the following equipment but I am not sure of the optimal connections in setting up the system. Samsung LN-S4092D LCD HDTV Samsung HD-DVD Home Theater System HT-TQ72 Explorer 8300 HD PVR Vidéotron Illico Receiver 2 HDMI cables 1 regular audio cable (white and red) The LCD TV has 2...

Bose Home theater System [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I have always loved Bose Jewel Speakers and I want to use Yamaha RX-Z7 Receiver with this system. I can live with only Bose Jewel Speakers but they don't come like that. I have two choices either buy Lifestyle V30 or Lifestyle V35 the only difference I know is V35 comes with a Dvd player. Its...

Burn AVI to DVD Playable on Home Theater System [ 8 Answers ]

Hello every one :) I guess the title says it all. I want to burn a movie with its SUBTITLE into a DVD so I can play it on my home theater system. I fail adding the subtitle and making the sounds surrounded :( . The sound only comes out of the two (left and right) front speakers, the other 3...

Pioneer VSX -305 Home Theater System [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my surround system it works correctly for about 5-10 min then it will make a loud buzzing sound from all the speakers, I have to turn the system off to get it to stop buzzing... any suggestion ?

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

View more questions Search