Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 07:46 PM
    Trump living in hope
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...ppear/12414514

extreme wishful thinking, Trump hopes CV19 will disappear. He knows that unless it does his chances of reelection are very dim but then he is very dim too, so what ever!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 05:35 AM
    That's what you get when you buy snake oil from a grifter, when the loonies take over the asylum.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    when the loonies take over the asylum.
    now haven't I been saying that, Common sense has gone out the window because the $$$ rules. I am reminded that the Spanish Flu killed 45 Million, so Kung Flu is on track and Donald cannot stop it, even if he buys up all the flu remedies in the world
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 08:15 AM
    Money is a great ruler of man, and the dufus is no different, and ignoring the virus is not a strategy for making money.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 10:03 AM
    What is so hard to understand? All viruses run their coarse and disappear
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 10:12 AM
    Name one. How long will this one rage, and what do we do with those sick people and the ones dying while we wait for it to disappear?

If the feds can prop up Wall Street, why can't the congress prop everybody else up until the virus disappears?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What is so hard to understand? All viruses run their coarse and disappear
    Nope, too often they not only stick around but will mutate. That's why the flu vaccine is always so iffy -- "what mutation are we dealing with this year???"
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 10:34 AM
    All viruses run their coarse and disappear
    The influenza virus has been around for more than a century, killing thousands every year.

Trump is not a good source for your comment. The man's an idiot.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 10:36 AM
    that's easy . Where is the Spanish Flu these days ? the annual cold (yes that is a virus too . You never get the same one twice . ) the annual flu (as with the cold ,each year is a different mutation but never the same one ) . A virus will run through the population until it can't find any more suitable hosts . That is achieved either through herd immunity or a vaccine that introduces anti-bodies into the human . Not all of them as as infectious . HIV is a virus but it only gets passed on under very limited conditions . C-19 is highly contagious . I think it may beat our efforts to discover a vaccine . Neither you or I know how much of the population has been infected already since many people are asymptomatic or have very mild reactions . A person I know tested positive for the antibodies and all he had was mild symptoms in early January ,long before anyone even thought it was here . Last year in the autumn there were reports of a virulent flu that was resisting traditional treatments . I'm pretty sure that was c-19 too.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 10:48 AM
    that's easy . Where is the Spanish Flu these days

That's easy. To repeat, it's everywhere, killing thousands every year. When Trump says Covid will just "disappear", don't believe him. He's a certified moron.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 10:58 AM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    that's easy . Where is the Spanish Flu these days

That's easy. To repeat, it's everywhere, killing thousands every year. When Trump says Covid will just "disappear", don't believe him. He's a certified moron.
    Nope . The strain of H1N1 that caused the Spanish flu was unique from any other strain of H1N1 . There is a new one developing in China now . It is not the same as the Spanish Flu.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 11:02 AM
    Nope . The strain of H1N1 that caused the Spanish flu was unique from any other strain of H1N1 . There is a new one developing in China now . It is not the same as the Spanish Flu.
    I think we're arguing semantics. The flu is the flu - caused by a virus that has mutated over the years but never disappeared. Trump is still a bozo.
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 11:31 AM
    I'll go with the dufus being a certified moron, bragging about 3 week old data collected before the present surge.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 05:18 PM
    this is what hope does, leads you to move too soon
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 06:40 PM
    not to quibble . But H1N1 was swine flu and doesn't always become a human to human event . When it becomes transmissible it causes a much more severe human illness than the common flu that humans typically contract .
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 06:44 PM
    not to quibble . .
    ah Tom let's have another round of quibble, otherwise jl will have nothing to do
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    ah Tom let's have another round of quibble, otherwise jl will have nothing to do
    lololol.......
    Expert

Jul 3, 2020, 03:15 AM
    One thing for sure we have learned at least here in the US is this virus doesn't give a crap about what you think is normal, as we cracked 53,000 cases yesterday, forcing governors to totally rethink their reopening strategy even as the dufus announces they have it under control. Can you hear the virus laughing it's arse off?

For sure covid19 cannot be compared to previous viruses, nor be treated like any past virus. Keep listening to the dufus, but wear your mask to the bars. Oh wait the bars are closed again, and masks are mandatory at least in Texas...in most counties, and will be enforced. That's no guarantee you won't get sick mind you, but we really got nothing better. The only good news is the death rate is less than it was, little consolation to the families that have lost loved ones.

Get this dufus out of here and quick before he kills us all...and takes his sycophants with him!
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2020, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    One thing for sure we have learned at least here in the US is this virus doesn't give a crap about what you think is normal, as we cracked 53,000 cases yesterday, forcing governors to totally rethink their reopening strategy even as the dufus announces they have it under control. Can you hear the virus laughing it's arse off?

For sure covid19 cannot be compared to previous viruses, nor be treated like any past virus. Keep listening to the dufus, but wear your mask to the bars. Oh wait the bars are closed again, and masks are mandatory at least in Texas...in most counties, and will be enforced. That's no guarantee you won't get sick mind you, but we really got nothing better. The only good news is the death rate is less than it was, little consolation to the families that have lost loved ones.

Get this dufus out of here and quick before he kills us all...and takes his sycophants with him!
    from my observation, every now and then a disease comes along that takes some of us out, it is the way the planet deals with population control. This is a wake up call, there are too many of us and we don't respect the planet. Trump is just a symptom of the disease
    Expert

Jul 3, 2020, 08:56 AM
    I would love to treat the dufus as a symptom, and have him removed, so we can all move forward in a good orderly direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Father living in Missouri wants to sign his rights away to his son living inTennessee [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married and have a son who's dad lives in Missouri and wants to give up his rights to his son and my husband wants to adopt him but how do I go about this do I go through Missouri or do I go through Tennessee court?

No Money, No Job, A Broken Relationship & Living With Parents at 35 - Is there hope? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd really appreciate some advice please. After being made redundant a year ago and only managing to secure a few temporary contract jobs since, my life has seemed to have taken a downward spiral, as have my finances and relationship. I'm 35, with no job, no money, forced back to living with...

View more questions Search