Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2020, 01:55 AM
    Let the Independence Day fireworks begin !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIsI7EUYL8
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2020, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIsI7EUYL8
    https://www.penncapital-star.com/com...rick-douglass/

Watching our dufus 's divisive campaign speech to celebrate the 4th of July on Native land brought these words home.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2020, 07:28 AM
    [QUOTE=talaniman;3855659]https://www.penncapital-star.com/commentary/what-to-the-slave-is-the-fourth-of-july-frederick-douglass/[/QUOTE]

That is an incredibly powerful speech by Douglas. I had never seen it before and it is steeped in the formality of oratory of 150 years go, but it loses nothing and remains a masterpiece of clear thinking and powerful persuasion. Douglas has said what many of us have thought, but only in a shadowy way and lacking the skill to make of it anything but shadowy thinking. Here we have it laid out so perfectly, it is breathtaking.

I suggest everyone here, right or left, take the time to read the words of this extraordinary man.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2020, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    https://www.penncapital-star.com/com...rick-douglass/

Watching our dufus 's divisive campaign speech to celebrate the 4th of July on Native land brought these words home.
    Unfortunately, words as true now as they were then. I pray the November election will be the beginning of changes for the better.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2020, 07:03 PM
    Let the Independence Day fireworks begin ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIsI7EUYL8
    You can celebrate when you have something to celebrate
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 04:48 AM
    oops wrong video . I posted that video on another site referring to the idiots destroying statues without having the slightest idea of the person ;or in this specific case they torched a statue of an elk in Portland ..

The link that was supposed to be posted was this

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/polit...sea/index.html
    Expert

Jul 5, 2020, 10:40 AM
    I like the Batman video better. Like China will change plans and policies with a simple show of force.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 08:05 PM
    Like China will change plans and policies with a simple show of force.

China has a sense of history, a long and colourful history, marked by many conquests and defeats, they have learned how to play the long game, they are not tied to a short electorial cycle and they long ago learned the value of a wall and trade routes
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 04:41 AM
    Russia likes the lifetime leader stuff too, but we have been seeing the Hong Kong conflict coming for years now. Everybody seems eager to take those refugees in, if and when China allows it, and no talk of them fighting for their own freedom, like other refugees.

Wonder why?
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 07:05 AM
    Russia likes the lifetime leader stuff too, but we have been seeing the Hong Kong conflict coming for years now. Everybody seems eager to take those refugees in, if and when China allows it, and no talk of them fighting for their own freedom, like other refugees.

Wonder why?
    You know why, a few million people against more than a billion
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 07:43 AM
    That makes no sense so maybe explain your rationale.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 11:04 AM
    umm they are fighting for their freedom but like other freedom loving people (like us) who are taking on a world power ;sometimes they need the help of another world power to achieve their liberty
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 02:12 PM
    Well we haven't done that well in the middle eastern countries or South and Central American countries or African countries, so you're predicting better results in the Asian countries...or have you forgotten Viet Nam?
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2020, 03:29 PM
    What was our goal in Vietnam ? It certainly wasn't supporting democracy .We supported strong men who were anti-communist It was to stop the spread of global communism that we went to war there . The NVs were supported by over 100,000 soldiers from China ,Russia and the NORKs . Communist Vietnam intervened into neighboring Laosand Cambodia until the late 1980s. Postwar Vietnam trained guerrillas and sent surplus weapons to, Algeria, Chile,and El Salvador in support of exporting their communist revolution. Ho Chi Minh organized and promoted revolutionsin southern China, northeastern Thailand, and British Malaya .The communist Vietnamese never thought of their revolution as an isolatedevent of national liberation ; rather, it was to be an integral component of world revolution.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2020, 04:22 PM
    What was our goal in Vietnam ? It certainly wasn't supporting democracy .We supported strong men who were anti-communist It was to stop the spread of global communism that we went to war there . The NVs were supported by over 100,000 soldiers from China ,Russia and the NORKs . Communist Vietnam intervened into neighboring Laosand Cambodia until the late 1980s. Postwar Vietnam trained guerrillas and sent surplus weapons to, Algeria, Chile,and El Salvador in support of exporting their communist revolution. Ho Chi Minh organized and promoted revolutionsin southern China, northeastern Thailand, and British Malaya .The communist Vietnamese never thought of their revolution as an isolatedevent of national liberation ; rather, it was to be an integral component of world revolution.
    That's what I said Tom we lost.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2020, 06:01 PM
    That's what I said Tom we lost.
    yes you did and it wouldnt be the last time, wars you have engaged in since couldnt be scored as total success
    Expert

Jul 8, 2020, 07:35 PM
    What did you say Clete? I got busy counting my toes. Do you count the big toe twice?
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2020, 11:55 PM
    What did you say Clete? I got busy counting my toes. Do you count the big toe twice?
    i dont know dont have six fingers on each hand and extry toes
    Expert

Jul 9, 2020, 12:15 PM
    Shhh! I keep losing count here!
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2020, 06:51 PM
    Shhh! I keep losing count here!
    You can count, did you learn that at school or college?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Deep Absurdity of Trump World [ 62 Answers ]

AG Barr - "SDNY Attorney Berman has resigned". SDNY Attorney Berman - "No, I didn't!" AG Barr - "Don't make this a public spectacle. I told Trump to fire you. Trump fired you! You're fired!" Trump - "I didn't fire Berman" "That's Barr's job!" "I don't know anything about it"! STUNNING!...

Trump the master of the world [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone have an explanation for his latest mistake Donald Trump recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital, in reversal of decades of policy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Trump has declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel, the Israeli have Tel Aviv as their capital and...

The Strange World of Donald Trump [ 15 Answers ]

Here are some current positions of Trump reported today; 1- Resurrected belief that Obama was not born in the United States, 2- Denies it is his voice on the notorious "p****y" tape after acknowledging it IS his voice and apologizing for it, 3- Fully believes vote fraud by illegal immigrants...

The Ignorance of Trump Rattles the World. [ 46 Answers ]

Not surprisingly, Trump has entirely missed the point of deterrence. Retaliation is promised as a response to prevent the other side from ATTACKING. NOT when the other side threatens. With his incredibly stupid "fire and fury" comment, Trump has put this nation in the desperate position of...

Trump's Fantasy World [ 22 Answers ]

I've said this in other places. Trump lives in a fantasy world. I'm not sure he can fully tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Here is another bit of proof of that. In this video Trump is seen urging people to view the video of Obama's recent encounter with a pro Trump heckler. Trump...

View more questions Search