Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 05:36 AM
    Putin Puts Bounty On US Soldiers
    20 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan as Russia orchestrated hit squads and put a cash bounty on lives of American GIs. It is unknown which or how many of the 20 were killed for that reason.

Trump knew perfectly well what Putin was doing. Trump did nothing for two months until he rewarded Putin by trying to invite him to a new G8.

Trump would rather go after Americans protesting on the street, then protect our soldiers. He cares little about American lives. He proves it over and over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mments-wrapper
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 06:30 AM
    Very misleading post here . 20 American soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan this year ;that is true . It is unknown at this point if any of those troops were killed by Afghans taking bounty money .The Compost citing NY Slimes citing anonymous officials, reads “it was not immediately clear whether the militants approached by Russia as part of the initiative had succeeded in killing Americans or allied forces.”

The Russian unit involved is the GRU unit 29155 . This information is coming out of US intel agencies and it is unclear how reliable their reporting is as they have already proven to have an agenda to take out the Trump administration .

The facts are that the NSC met in March to discuss options . And Trump's administration briefed our allies about it last week (which is when this information most likely leaked to the compliant press ) The report says that there is a debate within the Administration to decide on a response .

Yes wouldn't it be convenient for anti-Trump and anti-Russian people in the government to have this revealed at a time when Trump was reaching out to invite Russia to participate in the Group of Seven ? Quite a coincidence on the timing .

Do I think it is possible ? Of course I do .Russians have been helping others kill GI’s pretty much since the end of WWII. Neither the Korean nor the Vietnam Wars would have been possible without heavy Russian support. 100,000 Americans were killed in those wars. How many Americans were killed in Syria with the help and backing of Russians ? You know it is true . Russians were advancing on American positions in Syria when our troops gave them an a$$ whooping .Would it be fair to then say that the emperor does not care about American lives ;or that every President since Truman doesn't ?

edit . 20 Americans killed in Aghanistan in 2019 . 2 this year .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 06:36 AM
    The image of the dufus shoulder deep up Putty's a$$ comes to mind, but I understand he has to keep on friendly terms with Vlad so he can have somewhere to go if he loses his election bid, and has to flee the country. Whether Vlad takes him in or not is another matter, but remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIauuTAgD8

I wasn't even surprised when I heard the news on MSNBC last night. SHHH! Don't tell JL.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 04:41 AM
    yawn a report in 2017 digging up a comment Eric Trump allegedly said to a golf reporter at a tournament in 2013. 2013 was before any sanctions against Russia. Russian money was being invested all over the world . Was it possible that Russian money was used for the golf course ? Yes . What does that mean ? Absolutely nothing. In the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis and before the sanctions against Russia and before the worldwide oil market downturn, there was a ton of Russian money being invested around the world .

As for the OP .....how were the Russians defeated in Aghanistan in 1989 ? What role did the US play ? How many Russians lost their lives to American funded mujahidin?
    Expert

Jun 28, 2020, 08:33 AM
    Yeah Tom those good old days of US superiority. To bad Bin Laden turned against us and attacked instead of cutting a better deal. Too bad Vlad is getting in the driver seat in Afghanistan without firing a shot or sending armies, just selling weapons to the Taliban like we have done all over the world, with a cash bonus to boot.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 08:50 AM
    I have not conceded that the premise is true. Trumps spokesperson denied he had been briefed on this ;and Russia is saying the report is untrue . It seems to me to be quite a coincidence that this was leaked to the press at the time when Trump is trying to get Russian participation in the G 7 .

What do I know ? I know intel assessments can be wrong. I know you believe that . I know that members of The intel community past and present do not like Trump .That they attempted to sabotage his campaign in 2016 That they attempted a coup against him after he was elected . And that the Slimes and Compost carried the water for the saboteurs and carry the water for the Dems who have also conspired to remove him from office . Their own Inspector Javert tried to pin something on Trump and yet found no basis for collusion charges .And yet you still beat that dead horse by bringing up 2nd and 3rd witness alleged comments by Trump's son in 2013 .

Bring me proof besides a Compost and Slimes report and maybe I'll take it seriously.
    Expert

Jun 28, 2020, 09:00 AM
    A fair point and I admit I don't trust or believe anything the dufus or his administration says about anything, especially regarding Vlad or Russia.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 07:48 PM
    Lot of it about, deflection and disinformation, they should rename the White House Tass
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

As for the OP .....how were the Russians defeated in Aghanistan in 1989 ? What role did the US play ? How many Russians lost their lives to American funded mujahidin?

Yes the only war the US has won recently and they didn't have troops on the ground, very instructional
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 09:02 PM
    Trumps spokesperson denied he had been briefed on this
    What would you expect them to say?

Russia is saying the report is untrue
    What would you expect them to say?

What do I know ?
    Whatever you learn from the far-right loony bin. I thought you were better than that.

they [intel agencies] attempted to sabotage his campaign in 2016 That they attempted a coup against him after he was elected . And that the Slimes and Compost carried the water for the saboteurs and carry the water for the Dems who have also conspired to remove him from office . Their own Inspector Javert tried to pin something on Trump and yet found no basis for collusion charges
    This is truly bizarre coming from you. Sabotage ... attempted coup ... saboteurs ... conspiracy ... Inspector Javert ... collusion charges.

Bring me proof besides a Compost and Slimes report and maybe I'll take it seriously.
    Like the pedophile ring in the pizza parlor basement?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2020, 04:07 PM
    I have not conceded that the premise is true.

More info for you - comments?

The facts behind this case are still emerging, but we know a few key details from reliable accounts. The White House learned of the Russian military intelligence program to offer cash bounties to the Taliban for kills of Americans or our allies early in 2019.

Then National Security Advisor John Bolton personally briefed the president last year on the intelligence detailing the Russian program. This year, reports on the program appeared in the President’s Daily Brief on at least two occasions. Yet Information about the Russian bounty program was not shared with the congress, as the law mandates.

When the story finally broke, the White House initially claimed it was “fake news.” When the facts became too widely known to be denied, the president first briefed not the Congress but only Congressional Republicans at the White House, contrary to all existing norms in such matters.

The White House has argued this week that the president was not briefed on these matters. When that was disproven, it argued that he did not recall the briefing (On Tuesday afternoon, the White House said that Trump had just been briefed on the information that had been in his daily written intelligence briefing in February). Leakers were decried in an effort to distract from the core story. But at no point have the core facts of the matter been denied.
    Expert

Jun 30, 2020, 08:10 PM
    Just as the dufus lies he gets caught in them. Now it seems they have evidence of money changing hands between Vlad's glove boys and specific Afghan middle men and the dufus was told about it last year.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 06:13 AM
    Trump says this is fake news so that's what it is, right?
    Expert

Jul 1, 2020, 10:52 AM
    I caution anyone to believe the words of a compulsive liar, without verifying his veracity, and the dufus has none.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 03:30 PM
    How can you verify what he was told or not told or chose to ignore.
    Expert

Jul 1, 2020, 04:12 PM
    More will be revealed for sure. Always is isn't it?
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 04:39 PM
    no the news cycle will roll on
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 04:45 PM
    Athos I don't believe Bolton . He discredited himself with his tell all book which most likely contains classified info that could land him in jail . He made his agenda clear and that includes staying in Afghanistan .I'm sure there are more Bolton and Vindman types in State and the Intel agencies who are annoyed that this President has a different agenda than they have .

Catherine Herridge is a CBS News senior investigative correspondent . She wrote These comments on Twitter this week :

according to a Sr intel official, The GRU Taliban bounty allegation was NOT in the "President's Daily Brief (PDB) which is the highly classified, daily summary of national security issues delivered to the President, key cabinet secretaries + advisers.."The official confirmed the NSC has been doing “due diligence,” and going back through their files since the story broke Friday, and they have not found the “intelligence assessment” described in media reporting. The official said the review is ongoing, but given current...talks with the Taliban, intel about a GRU operation involving the Taliban, targeting US forces would have risen to the level of inclusion in the PDB

She tweeted this since "statement Pentagon DoD “continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations...”

Late night on record statement National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien who has direct knowledge. “Because the allegations in recent press articles have not been verified or substantiated by the Intel Community, President Trump had not been briefed on the items.”

NOW: NSA Robert O’Brien tells reporters “career intel officer” made call not to verbally brief @realDonaldTrump
    on alleged Russian bounty plot “the person who decided early on whether the president should be briefed on this in the Oval, in the Oval intelligence briefing was...his career, a career senior servant, a CIA officer + she made that decision because she didn’t have the confidence in the intelligence that came up...She made that call + you know what she made the right call. And knowing the facts I know now, I stand behind that call.”

Rare public statement from CIA Director Haspel. “In general, preliminary Force Protection information is shared throughout the national security community—and with U.S. allies...Leaks compromise and disrupt the critical interagency work to collect, assess, and ascribe culpability.” (This is the process to validate/corroborate)He wasn’t briefed, because it was only partial intelligence. It was still being investigated for proof that it actually occurred. They can’t brief the President on every rumor and piece of intelligence whether it’s real or not.

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 04:53 PM
    so this is just more of that "reliable" intelligence the CIA is famous for
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 05:02 PM
    so this is just more of that "reliable" intelligence the CIA is famous for
    unfortunately . Why anyone would take their intel at face value is beyond me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Trump really Putin's poodle ? [ 9 Answers ]

consider the facts ...... Investment money that began to flow into Russia in anticipation of better relations between the US and Russian has begun to withdraw. The Russian economy is in the doldrums . Trump has not eased any sanctions ,and his favorable oil and natural gas policies have really...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

Bounty hunter [ 9 Answers ]

Can I become a bounty hunter in the states even if I live in canada

Bounty hunter [ 3 Answers ]

How do I become a bounty hunter in Florida

View more questions Search