Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
    Another $50 just went from my pocket into Biden's war chest.
    Says the supposed republican.

Tal, it is a widespread practice to screen people for temps. You can fuss about it all you want to, but it just makes you look silly. Try going into a doctor's office and see if you don't get checked for fever. It's cheap and easy to do, so it makes good sense. It doesn't catch every case, but neither does the covid test. So should we just stop testing???
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Says the supposed republican.
    This Republican votes for the person, not the party. Or I could vote for the man who said this yesterday:

"One of the things that will be really great — you know, the word 'experience' is still good," Trump said. "I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that.
    "But the word 'experience' is a very important word," he added. "It's a very important meaning.
    "I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times — all of a sudden I'm president of the United States. You know the story. I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady, and I say, 'This is great.'"
    Trump went on to say that he didn't really know anybody in Washington politics as a Manhattan businessman.
    "Now I know everybody," he said.
    "And I have great people in the administration," Trump added. "You make some mistakes, like, you know, an idiot like Bolton — all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 02:58 PM
    100% of the people entering my plant get screened for temp. 100% of people in my plant wear masks . We have sanitizing stations throughout the plant . We have learned a lot since March The Canadians are doing clinical trials on a Tamiflu type drug for those who can detect early symptoms . The spike in cases is because genxers are ignoring sensible and reasonable precautions . That is not the fault of the President although I don't think he helps by giving a counter-narrative to what health care people are suggesting
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 03:08 PM
    If Biden is correct, it's all over anyway. 120 million Covid cases is just overwhelming.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 03:09 PM
    In Tampa the broke down the spikes by zipp code and it seems apparent that a lot of the cause was the peaceful demonstrations. I have heard that contact tracers are suppressing that info . Will look for more verification .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    100% of the people entering my plant get screened for temp. 100% of people in my plant wear masks . We have sanitizing stations throughout the plant . We have learned a lot since March The Canadians are doing clinical trials on a Tamiflu type drug for those who can detect early symptoms . The spike in cases is because genxers are ignoring sensible and reasonable precautions . That is not the fault of the President although I don't think he helps by giving a counter-narrative to what health care people are suggesting
    They do the same thing in hospitals too Tom, and workers get sick. Yeah, I know they're LOOKING for effective treatments and cures, and the youngsters are being youngsters. I don't think the dufus or Pence helps things at all listening to his presser on the split screen with places pausing their "reopening", worse, they might be hurting the cause with LIES!. He never mentioned anything about masks either. Yes we have learned a lot, this virus takes no prisoners and spin and high hopes ain't curing it, or stopping it.

All we can do is wear masks, wash hands and check temperatures, keep a distance, but those aren't guarantees, it's just all we can do.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 04:18 PM
    He never mentioned anything about masks either
    he correctly pointed out that masks used improperly do not help .(see his interview with WSJ . Most of the press ignored that one )

this virus takes no prisoners
    there you go fear mongering . If that was the case then why has this spike not caused a spike in deaths ? The answer is obvious. Trump sorta hits on it when he jokes that more testing results in discovering more cases. Turns out that indeed many more people have contracted the disease .And as the percentage of deaths to known cases decreases to just above flu levels ;and the highest mortality rate is with a select demographic we know how to deal with it ;cure and treatment or not .

here ya go . If Sandinista Bill is telling contact tracers to not ask anyone testing positive if they took part in a demonstration then you know other tin pot dictators in this country are doing the same . He doesn't have the brains to think this up on his own

https://www.thecity.nyc/coronavirus/...rs-of-new-wave

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/6/1/...acing-covid-19
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 04:34 PM
    The death rates have lagged behind the reported cases, because nobody dies instantly, but because it's a younger crowd maybe we don't get the higher death rates of before, fingers crossed. One of the things we have learned is that not everybody, young or old just bounces back to what they were before, as some have lasting effects they will suffer from for a lot longer, as my link points out. That's not fear mongering, but real stark reality.

Nothing is a guarantee you won't get it, even if you hide in the basement, and anyone could be the exception to the probabilities we are betting on now.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 04:55 PM
    you won't get it if you don't associate with people who have it
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    This Republican votes for the person, not the party. Or I could vote for the man who said this yesterday:

"One of the things that will be really great — you know, the word 'experience' is still good," Trump said. "I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that.
    "But the word 'experience' is a very important word," he added. "It's a very important meaning.
    "I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times — all of a sudden I'm president of the United States. You know the story. I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady, and I say, 'This is great.'"
    Trump went on to say that he didn't really know anybody in Washington politics as a Manhattan businessman.
    "Now I know everybody," he said.
    "And I have great people in the administration," Trump added. "You make some mistakes, like, you know, an idiot like Bolton — all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people."
    Proof positive that Trump has TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 05:28 PM
    The death rates have lagged behind the reported cases,
    you know what the unreported rate is ? The rate of patients with serious conditions or even dead because of critical treatment and testing delayed because of this myopic emphasis on C-19 . I can report that my friend who had a catheter FINALLY got his surgery to remove it after weeks of delay where he was treated twice in the emergency room because of serious infections that developed due to procedure delay. I expect that there will be many such cardiac or cancer patients who's delayed treatment will be critical or mortal .
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    you won't get it if you don't associate with people who have it
    How can you tell they all look alike?

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Proof positive that Trump has TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).
    TRANSLATION-DUFUS! Dumb ugly fat uncivilized sucker!

you know what the unreported rate is ? The rate of patients with serious conditions or even dead because of critical treatment and testing delayed because of this myopic emphasis on C-19 . I can report that my friend who had a catheter FINALLY got his surgery to remove it after weeks of delay where he was treated twice in the emergency room because of serious infections that developed due to procedure delay. I expect that there will be many such cardiac or cancer patients who's delayed treatment will be critical or mortal .
    I can agree with that but normal life and business as usual are kind of hard with this virus and the effects on our great hospital system. Once covid19 patients come in that changes priorities and I'm not sure the death rates are even close Tom.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 06:53 PM
    Death rates ... hard to calculate the long term damage cause by treatment delayed . Or if you want to it is easy to inflate the C-19 rate when it may have been other factors that c-19 contributed to .
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 06:53 PM
    Dumb ugly fat uncivilized sucker!
    You and WG sure do love that fat-shaming.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 07:01 PM
    Just the WH fat guy with the orange face.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 07:04 PM
    Death rates ... hard to calculate the long term damage cause by treatment delayed . Or if you want to it is easy to inflate the C-19 rate when it may have been other factors that c-19 contributed to .
    It does get complicated without the virus, but the virus plus a lot of other conditions complicates things. Been listening to a few doctors describe the process for triaging and managing patient care and sound complicated to me. Houston is full and getting fuller.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 07:05 PM
    Just the WH fat guy with the orange face.
    Yep. No hatred there.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 07:05 PM
    I was VERY specific, and no worse than shaming those women that have babies and no official husbands.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 07:10 PM
    Yep. No hatred there.
    No hatred. (Do you hate me when you shame me, JL?) I actually feel sorry for the WH guy.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No hatred. (Do you hate me when you shame me, JL?) I actually feel sorry for the WH guy.
    I don't feel sorry for the dufus, don't hate him either...just what he says and does most of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Leading The Nation Against Covid-19 As Deaths Approach 90,000. [ 161 Answers ]

Being questioned about the lack of testing, Donald Trump said: "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing, we'd have very few cases." Read that again. Make sure you understand what this self-proclaimed genius is saying....

The Deterioration of Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

He becomes psychotic under certain conditions and is therefore harder to see than a full-blown psychotic who is always acting in an obviously strange manner. More and more, Trump is living in an alternate reality and is becoming more and more dangerous. His behavior is predicted to be...

Donald Trump [ 3 Answers ]

Is it leagle for Donald Trump to drill for in the Alaska Artic animal refuge?

View more questions Search