Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2020, 07:15 PM
    Judge Gleeson finally speaks!
    In case we missed this amid all the other dufus BS, finally Judge Gleeson in the Flynn case has rendered an opinion.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/10/doj-...udge-says.html

• A former federal judge blasted the U.S. Justice Department for what he called “a gross abuse of prosecutorial power” in seeking to drop its criminal case against Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s first national security advisor.
    • Flynn “has indeed committed perjury” in his statements to a federal judge in the case “for which he deserves punishment,” ex-judge John Gleeson wrote.
    • Flynn has twice admitted to lying to FBI agents about his talks with a Russian diplomat before Trump’s inauguration. Attorney General William Barr is seeking to have the case dismissed
    • ​Anybody think that the Berman firing is phase II to protecting the dufus sycophants?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2020, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    ​Anybody think that the Berman firing is phase II to protecting the dufus sycophants? [/LIST]

Judge Gleeson's impeccable record.

https://www.debevoise.com/johngleeson?tab=biography

Barr/Trump have totally botched the Berman dismissal. Trump has already been named as an unindicted co-conspirator for illegal campaign payoffs. According to Barr on flimsy grounds, Trump is safe from arrest. That will end on January 21 when he and Barr will be ushered into the nearest jail.
    Expert

Jun 23, 2020, 08:06 AM
    Judge Gleeson recommends that Flynn not be tried for his perjury, but sentenced according to the charges he plead guilty to. He was plenty scathing of DOJ inappropriate interference that served a political purpose with no basis in the law.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2020, 04:30 PM
    Is it news that Gleeson ,who was tapped to write an amicus brief in favor of Judge Sullivan's position ,would actually do that ? When Flynn's lawyer acused Gleeson of shedding “any appearance of neutrality” .I say of course .That is the only reason Sullivan brought him into the proceeding . This hack Judge ignored evidence that Flynn was set up. That the FBI did not provide exculpatory evidence to the court ; and that the FBI threatened to prosecute Flynn’s son.

"Gross abuse of prosecutorial power" is exactly what happened to Flynn which is why charges should be dropped against him. Dropping the charges against Flynn is justice by fixing a horrible wrong done to the man.

Forgetting all that . The executive branch has the final say in who gets prosecuted and who doesn't .These judges can play court parlor games all they want to delaying the inevitable .I don't see any reason why they would except to assist the Democrats in the upcoming campaign.

Barr has it right when he says ;“The argument is that it's always been understood that decisions whether to pursue an individual through the prosecution process or holding them criminally accountable is vested in the executive branch and not the courts,”.... “And he is essentially, in our view, trying to set himself up as an alternative prosecutor.”
    Expert

Jun 23, 2020, 05:51 PM
    Barr is a corrupted AG and loyal dufus sycophant in the Roy Cohn style the dufus prefers. What did YOU expect him to say and do about his buddy Flynn? He wants to pull the same crap with the SDNY for more dufus sycophants and corrupt operatives. They don't even bother to hide this stuff anymore. They're like Nike, they just do it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2020, 07:37 PM
    They don't even bother to hide this stuff anymore.
    One of the scariest things about Minneapolis was the cop did his killing without the slightest worry about all the cameras recording his every move. He wasn't a bit fazed by it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2020, 03:02 AM
    They don't even bother to hide this stuff anymore.
    and the Dems smoke and mirror ;including the dog and pony show that the toad is going to put on today ;is an obviously transparent attempt to discredit Barr and the Durham investigation into the largest abuse of power in American history ...... the use of the Justice Dept to attempt to choose the President and then when that failed to attempt a coup against the elected President ,and the weaponization of the intel surveillance system against their political opponents (aka Obamagate ) .

Barr is trying to bring more normalcy to SDNY . It is NOT normal for the post ;one of the most important postings in the Justice Dept ,to be filled by an interim court appointed prosecutor . It is the President's prerogative to fill the post with a prosecutor of the President's choosing . Barr offered Berman an important position in Washington .He did not fire him .

Then Berman did his ridiculous diva act Saturday claiming they were doing it to undermine ongoing investigations. There is NO evidence that any of the so called investigations are even happening . And even if they are ,there is no evidence that changing prosecutors would have any impact on ongoing investigations . Barr called it what it is 'public spectacle over public service ' .

As far as Sullivan goes ;the gamesmanship by the judge has further delayed the Flynn case until the middle of July . When they get around to it ,the appeals panel will remind him that if the Justice Dept decides to dismiss the case that it is his job to dismiss it . All Gleeson did was express an opinion that he differs with the Justice Dept's decision . Well you know what they say about opinions ; they are like culos ,everyone has one .

Again this is part of the plan to undermine Barr's credibility going into the Durham report . Schmuck Schumer equated the dismissal of Berman in Watergate terms . The toad's hearing will (he hopes ) feature Berman and a bunch of prosecutors from the Flynn and Roger Stone cases with the theme of ' political interference in investigations ' . Who knows ;he may even recommend more impeachment articles in an attempt to influence the election. Make no mistake these moves by the Dems are desperate attempts to discredit the report that Durham is going to release .
    Expert

Jun 24, 2020, 05:34 AM
    That whole thing started with a LIE by Barr on a Friday night, that HE announced to the public, quickly refuted by Berman. Trying to spin this after the dufus, the ONLY one who can hire and fire, came out and said he has nothing to do with the matter, is completely suspicious like all the other antics and behavior the dufus has brought to the WH.

As for Gleeson, again we have Barr spinning his versions of things and yet another example of antics and behavior to benefit a dufus sycophant trying to buck the court system, and we will see what the appeals court decides.

Given Barr's antics and actions since he got there, he has no credibility, just power and position to carry the dufus water and he is so good at it, and dems have every right to look into everything he and the dufus does since repubs gave up doing anything except what the dufus wants

Oh Yeah, we will have all kinds of dem investigations this summer, and rightfully so since the American people decided to bring back Nancy and the boys in blue to do just that. given the pandemic raging out of control and destroying everything and everybody in it's path we have no sports left but politics during an election year.

ENJOY!
    Expert

Jun 24, 2020, 07:34 AM
    Breaking News!
    Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissed! The Dufus and Barr wins one. Sorry no links yet.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2020, 08:23 AM
    wow I thought they would drag it out until the July hearing . As I said ;the appeals court had NO choice . The constitution is clear about who had the authority on this case
    Expert

Jun 24, 2020, 08:30 AM
    Quick decisions like that make for short threads. Is it over? We'll see. We have a whistleblower hearing today.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2020, 08:36 AM
    There is a possibility that Sullivan can ask for a full Circus court ruling instead of the panel ....... or if he wants to eat more humble pie he could appeal it to SCOTUS . The ruling won't change either way. I am interested to see if Flynn takes the Comey scoundrels and the DOJ to civil court to at least recoup his legal expenses .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2020, 09:23 AM
    Now Flynn can sue the DOJ for his 6 million dollars in legal fees. I hope he does and I hope he wins. This all goes back to a corrupt approach in the FBI fostered by Obama's "take no prisoners" attitude in his final months in office.
    Expert

Jun 24, 2020, 09:36 AM
    Waiting for the official ruling before I comment. Flynn has a right to sue, and no doubt the dufus and Barr will make sure he gets paid. He might even get his old job back.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2020, 01:59 PM
    Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissed! The Dufus and Barr wins one. Sorry no links yet.
    A bizarre ruling by a recently appointed Trump judge, who just before that was part of the Trump administration. The dissenting judge calls the opinion "egregious" and "stepping out of bounds".

As previously warned here, Trump/Barr will do whatever they consider necessary, law or no law, to win in November.

An intelligent observation follows:

It can only be described as astonishing that Neomi Rao, such a controversial pick for the DC Circuit, someone who had worked in Trump's administration just a short time ago and was appointed by him, should be on the panel of judges assigned this case. How is it that she wasn't compelled to recuse herself? It seems a brazen statement by Republicans that they have power, will abuse it, and there's nothing the majority of this country can do about it. There are no subtleties. McConnell and Trump's impact on the federal judiciary almost assures that a majority of Americans, disagreeing with the Republican mentality and voting overwhelmingly against them in the presidential election, will long be ruled by them and their minority beliefs that are so out of touch with where the country stands.
    Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 06:06 AM
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone who speaks French please translate! [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone who speaks French to translate these for me please! Thanks so much! :) Ta fête Ta matière favorite Ce que tu veux ajouter I just need those 3 sentences translated thanks a lot

He left me now hardly speaks to me?? [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be ex husband is someone I will probably never understand but can't stop trying to?? Long story short after 1 year of long distance dating and 5 years of marriage... I've finally had enough and filed for divorce. We had a VERY volatile relationship with him being the narcissistic,...

For you, what is the better part Jesus speaks of? [ 7 Answers ]

(From the NJB) Luke 10: 38. In the course of their journey he came to a village, and a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. 39. She had a sister called Mary, who sat down at the Lord's feet and listened to him speaking. 40. Now Martha, who was distracted with all the serving, came...

Anyone here who speaks Thai? [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help translating English to Thai. If anyone here speaks Thai and could help me I'd be SO grateful!

View more questions Search