Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2020, 06:36 AM
    The rates of death from covid19 seem to be going down as the number of cases increases and that's good, but hospitalizations are rising, and threatening to overwhelm hospital capacities as it did in NY metro area including surrounding states. While attention and resources were on the northeast though, things are rising in the southwest.

In Texas which is in the midst of reopening, some places may have to close again and regroup, as customers and workers have fallen sick and must be quarantined, and that's the crux of the problem, you can't work while sick, and that stupid temperature test is proving useless. Only the most obvious people have high temps and we find to many positives for corona cases with no such symptoms at all, let alone a fever. So while understandable the economic impact of this virus, ignoring it is more expensive and detrimental than doing what it takes to deal with it.

Such shortsighted panic over the economic fallout has already sucked trillions and that may be the beginning of trillions more needing to be committed, as states get their budgets blown way out of the water. I think despite the time already spent, its still the beginning of this virus and it's effects becoming apparent.

The dufus's words actions and behavior in response to this pandemic is absurd idiotic and incompetent, but the worst part is he is not alone.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2020, 07:06 AM
    Did my research on Audrey Strauss . From all accounts she doesn't let politics influence her work ;which would be a good thing for Trump.

Why ?

Well for one she is a registered Democrat . But besides that ,her son is a former Press Secretary for il Duce Cuomo ..... and his wife is a Sr , aid the Cuomo.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2020, 07:17 AM
    We know so much more about it than we did in March . We know who is among the highest risk . We know it gets transmitted through aerosol ;mostly indoors . Protocols have been established for the safe opening of businesses .There is no more excuses to keep the economy shut down.AND we absolutely need the economy up and running to pay for all these give-a-ways that have been and will be created for the gimmee society .

I agree people are acting irresponsibly and that is contributing to the increase in cases . It is a shame that wearing a mask or not has become a political issue . It is even more silly than the various treatment options have become political . I for one would be content wearing masks in public for now on and I probably will. Having c-19 and the potential of a cytokine storm is not a pleasant experience ;one I do not wish to repeat .
    Expert

Jun 22, 2020, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Did my research on Audrey Strauss . From all accounts she doesn't let politics influence her work ;which would be a good thing for Trump.

Why ?

Well for one she is a registered Democrat . But besides that ,her son is a former Press Secretary for il Duce Cuomo ..... and his wife is a Sr , aid the Cuomo.
    Appreciate the homework Tom, a bit of nepotism huh? Not that surprised, given the long history of it on so many levels. I'm thinking the Berman firing was Bully boy Barr's flexing his muscles, as much as any connection to the cases and investigations as obviously Barr was not being updated as he thinks he should have been and wanted a more pliant loyalist in place. That he conceded to Berman wish and accepted Strauss as a replacement may indicate he was unwilling for a drawn out media fight over it. Or the dufus wasn't.

Either way we may get Berman, a supporter, contributor, and transition team member's side of it soon, hopefully, to put meat on the bones of this rather bizarre move by Barr. The replacement dude has never prosecuted a case, nor brought one is his tenure with the SEC. That makes him a strange pick unless this was a purge of people seen as not loyal enough.
    Expert

Jun 22, 2020, 09:49 AM
    We know so much more about it than we did in March . We know who is among the highest risk . We know it gets transmitted through aerosol ;mostly indoors . Protocols have been established for the safe opening of businesses .There is no more excuses to keep the economy shut down.AND we absolutely need the economy up and running to pay for all these give-a-ways that have been and will be created for the gimmee society .
    NY has been steadily and relentlessly and RESPONSIBLY moving toward reopening, but let's be real because others have not done as good a job and have reopened without the desired protocols nor the adherence to them. I recognize the need to reopen, but look around the country and ask yourself if EVERYBODY is as ready as NY, and haven't done the work to be.

I won't comment at this time about your last few sentences, familiar conservative/right wing talking points that excludes the gimme rich guy "job creators" and their zeal for tax cuts and cheap labor, even without a pandemic, but we have been exposed to the social structures needed to accommodate affected workers, and the unemployed, as our social services is overwhelmed by those that can't work from home nor can't work through no fault of their own. They also seem to bear the brunt of the illness with no assistance whatsoever so far.

I agree people are acting irresponsibly and that is contributing to the increase in cases . It is a shame that wearing a mask or not has become a political issue . It is even more silly than the various treatment options have become political . I for one would be content wearing masks in public for now on and I probably will. Having c-19 and the potential of a cytokine storm is not a pleasant experience ;one I do not wish to repeat .
    Ain't no probably for me as in a span of a week all the masks wearing disappeared here, except for the workers. That's scary for an older fella as myself with a few health issues already. Rates of death are down, but rates of infections are at a record level as well as rising hospitalization. So kudos to NY, but Texans ain't there yet (Seems a lot of other places ain't either!) though who cares...ready or not...open we are!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2020, 08:30 PM
    Here is another absurdity in the world of Donald Trump, Kayne West has announced a bid for President. So now another big ego will be opposing the Donald, how absurd is this?
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 04:36 AM
    It would've taken votes from quid pro Joe except for the fact that it is way too late for him to get his name on the ballots of any state .

btw ;what does the compliant press call it when white Trump criticizes white protesters taking down statues ? answer being racially divisive
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 06:48 AM
    It would've taken votes from quid pro Joe except for the fact that it is way too late for him to get his name on the ballots of any state .

btw ;what does the compliant press call it when white Trump criticizes white protesters taking down statues ? answer being racially divisive
    Well I guess he will just have to run as an independent and hold his own poll
    Expert

Jul 5, 2020, 07:25 AM
    What a great publicity stunt for his next project...!
    Expert

Jul 5, 2020, 07:32 AM

The dufus has been racially divisive since he started his birther meme so a criticism about white protesters doing anything gets lost in such an avalanche of lies and mistruths as to almost make it non existent.

I don't particularly care for riots, looting or mob rule, but the dufus rhetoric on race has always been deplorable, and could incite all those stupid things I'm against.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 08:57 AM
    yeah yeah before he was running for President the Blacks loved him . The same thing happened to every Republican presidential candidate before him . As soon as they run they are branded as racists . Reagan had to beat back the lie . So did the 2 Bushes . So did McCain and Romney .
    So be it .That is the politics and how it is played .

One minute Trump is getting awarded by Rainbow Coalition . The Reverend Jesse Jackson heaped tons of praise upon Donald Trump at his 1998 Rainbow/Push Coalition Wall Street Project Conference in New York. Trump both raised funds and contributed thousands of dollars to the Reverend Al Sharpton backed causes over the years . Both Reverends contend that Trump had changed . What was the change ? You got it . He ran for President . Now a man who has contributed to the cause for years is suddenly a life long racist.

No nothing changed .One of his first initiatives when he got into office was the one thing Dems have been paying phony lip service for years . Prison reform . It was desperately needed because Quid Pro Joe championed tough sentencing , Now who is the racist ? ....The one who initiated tough sentencing against minorities or the man who pushed through Congress the reform to end it ?

Based on his Palm Beach experience, Trump, unlike many others who never had to confront segregation, actually has a solid record on this issue.
    Mar-a-Lago is located in Palm Beach .Two of Mar-a-Lago’s competitors—the Palm Beach Bath and Tennis Club and The Everglades Club notoriously refused to admit Blacks. Trump’s Mar-a-lago club, doesn’t discriminate against anyone who can afford it .In 1996, Trump filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating by allowing segregationist policies in the township. He won.
    Expert

Jul 5, 2020, 10:37 AM
    Before the dufus was a president he was a mixed bag who contributed to both sides of the political spectrum depending on what his interests were, and his famous antics and court cases are numerous. He won, lost, and settled. Business as usual for most capitalists. The problem he has is his record since becoming the prez and all those people who are scared sh1tless during this economy destroying pandemic that is totally out of control.

He just said that the virus is 99% harmless and we are already finding out that's another exaggeration (RE: LIE!) to get the poor people and low wage workers to be shamed to go back to work.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 01:08 PM
    Some of us have been working all along. You just proved that your preference is for people to be on government support rather than being self sufficient . Turns out our rate of infection is no different from those who are not working or do you have facts that prove differently ? At lease here in NY it did not matter . The virus did not discriminate . There have been pockets where the rates are higher in certain industries, and that can be remedied with what we have learned about the virus and the work place since March .
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 01:16 PM
    Meanwhile have you checked the rate of violence in Chi town this weekend ?
    Expert

Jul 5, 2020, 04:04 PM
    Some of us have been working all along. You just proved that your preference is for people to be on government support rather than being self sufficient . Turns out our rate of infection is no different from those who are not working or do you have facts that prove differently ? At lease here in NY it did not matter . The virus did not discriminate . There have been pockets where the rates are higher in certain industries, and that can be remedied with what we have learned about the virus and the work place since March .
    I think you misread me Tom, as my support for workers through a pandemic has nothing to do with being self sufficient, and you cannot compare the NY experience to anywhere else in the country. Imagine where the conversation would be if Abbott would do NOW to what Cuomo did and is still doing? NY learned fast and executed a good plan and the rest of us have been IGNORING that example. Now send us Cuomo and stop comparing and misreading since you live in the land of the learned. How long did we get the images of a deserted times square every day, and your leader updating and explaining what he was doing? Now is the time to do what NY did, and STILL DOING, if it's not to late.

Meanwhile have you checked the rate of violence in Chi town this weekend?
    Gang violence has been rampant in the south and west sides of Chicago since I was a very young man, under many mayors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/u...shootings.html

Unemployment in some of the most affected areas rose to 35 percent from 28 percent during the pandemic, said Father Pfleger. “That is the tragedy,” he said. “The bad situation in this city got even worse with the pandemic. It exposed the reality that Black and brown communities are disproportionately affected.”
    “Because this is not one crisis, this is two crises operating at the same time, this could in fact be worse than what we saw in 2016,”
    https://craftmediabucket.s3.amazonaw...1520_Final.pdf
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2020, 07:03 PM
    There are many who think Cuomo was slow . I don't fault him for that . I fault him for the 10s of thousand needless elderly deaths in NY that occurred solely due to his policy of housing senior covid patients in nursing homes . For that I say Andrew sei una testa di merda . Now he is way too slow opening up the state .
    Expert

Jul 6, 2020, 02:23 AM
    Like you said before we have learned much since the start of this thing Tom, and some have even learned how to effectively get around the site censor. I think you're impatient though at Cuomo's cautious approach, because the last thing the NE needs is a return to a lockdown and surge in cases after working very hard to mitigate this virus.

Seems like we have been through enough economic disruptions to have a better plan when they happen for any reason.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 08:27 AM
    NY is CRAWLING out of lockdown . Connecticut right across the river has been out of lock down for a couple weeks and no new spikes . The only conclusion I can come up with is that il Duce likes the power over people because there is zero logic for the time frame he set up for NYC . or he doesn't want a recovery until after the elections .

BTW ;when it was clear that his nursing home policy was a mistake ,he stubbornly clung to it ;first denying he made the order ;then lying saying he was following CDC recommendations ;and then blaming the bad press of the NY Post before he FINALLY rescinded his directive . Face the facts il duce is a gowno
    Expert

Jul 6, 2020, 03:51 PM
    Makes perfect sense to slowdown the urge to go full bore because every place that was tried is a disaster. Darn dufus sycophants.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2020, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Darn dufus sycophants.
    Trump says one thing, and the WH says the opposite. They call that leadership.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The WORLD has shifted right. Trump couldn't have done that. He just lit the match.. [ 58 Answers ]

Hello: My question is mostly for tom, cause he knows a whole lot more about this crap than I do.. So, what went WRONG in the world? Seems like we were headed in one direction and then, rip zap, we turned HARD RIGHT. Who did it? How can we fix it? SHOULD we fix it, or do you kinda like...

Trump the master of the world [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone have an explanation for his latest mistake Donald Trump recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital, in reversal of decades of policy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Trump has declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel, the Israeli have Tel Aviv as their capital and...

The Strange World of Donald Trump [ 15 Answers ]

Here are some current positions of Trump reported today; 1- Resurrected belief that Obama was not born in the United States, 2- Denies it is his voice on the notorious "p****y" tape after acknowledging it IS his voice and apologizing for it, 3- Fully believes vote fraud by illegal immigrants...

The Ignorance of Trump Rattles the World. [ 46 Answers ]

Not surprisingly, Trump has entirely missed the point of deterrence. Retaliation is promised as a response to prevent the other side from ATTACKING. NOT when the other side threatens. With his incredibly stupid "fire and fury" comment, Trump has put this nation in the desperate position of...

Trump's Fantasy World [ 22 Answers ]

I've said this in other places. Trump lives in a fantasy world. I'm not sure he can fully tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Here is another bit of proof of that. In this video Trump is seen urging people to view the video of Obama's recent encounter with a pro Trump heckler. Trump...

View more questions Search