Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 02:08 PM
    The dufus loses again!
    In a 5-4 decision the dufus loses DACA decision.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Only a bully picks on kids who want to work and go to school, and ain't happy that he can't just deport them from the only home they've know to one they don't!

Add that to his lose of denying gay people rights and he isn't having a good legal week with his conservative court.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 02:25 PM
    Not only that, but the Bolton book has come out the same day and shown Trump to be "unfit" for the presidency. This is from a former trusted aid of the dufus.

Trump, of course, is rage-tweeting against his former confidante. Trump's bouncer AG Barr is trying to stop publication in court. Too late, jowly, it's all over the world.

LGBTQ, DACA, and Bolton. What a trio!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 04:10 PM
    Presidential EOs are NOT law as permanently enacted by Congress and signed into law. They are temporary decrees that last as long as the President or the new President decides . Presidents overturns them all the time . What the Roberts Court did this time is to make an EO permanent . In doing so SCOTUS assumed and usurped a legislative power .That is modern liberalism in a nutshell . What Congress can't get done the courts do for them .That is why this Babylon Bee parody is so right on . Who needs Congress when you have 9 unelected appointed for life oligarchs doing the law making ?????? DEMOCRACY IN ACTION BABY !!!! Of course the undemocratic Democratic party is pleased .

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrat...eoM9DBthCizbS8

I will address Bolton later.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Who needs Congress when you have 9 unelected appointed for life oligarchs doing the law making ?????? DEMOCRACY IN ACTION BABY !!!!
    Oh, my! Who appointed them??? I thought the SC leaned right!
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 04:20 PM
    I think Tom the court ruling said he couldn't end DACA just by EO alone without consideration for the ones that enrolled and honored the program. Some 600,000 kid. I told you he was a dufus surrounded by sycophants and incompetence. An actual workable plan would probably been upheld. Or congressional legislation.

We need some new management is the bottom line.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 04:32 PM
    Presidential EOs are NOT law as permanently enacted by Congress and signed into law. They are temporary decrees that last as long as the President or the new President decides . Presidents overturns them all the time .
    Then why didn't Trump just reverse the EO (which Obama previously declared to protect the children who have been here since childhood)? Answer: Incompetence.

SCOTUS assumed and usurped a legislative power .That is modern liberalism in a nutshell
    Were you singing that same song when conservative justices were appointed?

That is why this Babylon Bee parody is so right on
    Frankly, the parody wasn't much. As a Christian conservative outfit, parody isn't a strong suit at the Babylon Bee. Hands too heavy.

I will address Bolton later.
    Looking forward to it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 05:06 PM
    The conservative Republican appointed Roberts court is proving to be one of the most activist courts since the Republican appointed Warren Court . I have been consistent in my position that SCOTUS has disproportionate power in a government that was designed so that the branches have equal power ;certainly more than should be given to unelected appointed for life justices .

They usurped the power of judicial review early in the court's history and have evolved into so call final arbiters .Nowhere in the Constitution do you find that power assigned to them .They need their wings clipped.

My position is as it was before Roberts was confirmed as Chief Justice is that if term limits cannot be imposed by amendment ;then at very least every justice should be subject to a re-confirmation by the Senate periodically .Most of them lie through their teeth during their confirmation hearing or become so evasive in their responses that it is hard to determine their judicial philosophy . Does it surprise me that they are not true to what they have said in the past ? Not really . They have nothing to lose by going along to get along. Now that they are set for life the only thing left to work for is securing themselves in the beltway swamp cocktail circuit .

Then why didn't Trump just reverse the EO (which Obama previously declared to protect the children who have been here since childhood)? Answer: Incompetence.
    What do you think the case was ? It was about Trump's attempt to end DACA which the emperor enacted by EO.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 05:18 PM
    What do you think the case was ? It was about Trump's attempt to end DACA which the emperor enacted by EO.
    Yes, I know. The question is why did Trump bother going through the court - why not just reverse the order as you said in your post being a way to end DACA?

As to the SC and the philosophy behind it, I carefully read what you wrote and it's all food for thought. I would need a lot more background before commenting either way. You presented your case well.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 05:27 PM
    I think Tom the court ruling said he couldn't end DACA just by EO alone without consideration for the ones that enrolled and honored the program.
    No actually Roberts punted it back to Homeland Security . But the real issue is that DACA as a LAW should've been decided where laws are created in Congress where they specifically have plenary authority .Congress has never given the president the power to provide a pseudo-amnesty and government benefits to illegal aliens. The unconstitutional act was the emperor's original decree . If there are 600,000 people in limbo over this the fault lies in the arbitrary and capricious manner in which DACA was enacted .

Just to refresh your memory ;October 2010 when asked why he doesn't implement immigration reforms unilaterally, the emperor declared, "I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself." March 2011, he said that with "respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case." May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn't "just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. ... That's not how a democracy works."
    So of course that is EXACTLY what he did in 2012 . Instead ;Congress had specifically rejected bills that would grant DACA rights .

What happened of course was that was seen as an open invitation to minors to cross the border as wave after wave of them did . The emperor tried again in 2014 to do DAPA ,where illegal adults would've been given amnesty . That action was declared unconstitutional by the 5th circus court and SCOTUS did not reverse the lower courts call. So how could DAPA be unconstitutional but DACA is not ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 05:36 PM
    The question is why did Trump bother going through the court - why not just reverse the order as you said in your post being a way to end DACA?
    His decision was challenged in court . He did not take it to court .What he did do was to direct Homeland Security boss Elaine Duke to end the program . He also told Congress he wanted immigration reform legislation within 6 months . It was his rescinding of DACA that was challenged in court .

oh wait . I get your confusion . Yes Trump brought it to SCOTUS after the DC circus's decision that Trump could not reverse the emperor's EO.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 06:28 PM
    ok Bolton ; did I tell you I met him once ? I was on an Alaska cruise and it just so happened to be one that National Review has booked for one of their cruises. Bolton was one of their guest speakers. We exchanged pleasantries briefly .I told him I admired his tough positions in defense of the country .

I am sure it was that tough guy image that attracted Trump to Bolton also . Trump sees himself as a great negotiator . So he probably figured that Bolton would go out to the world as the take no prisoners representative while Trump behind the scene would forge relationships with the likes of Xi Putin and un-Kim .
    But Bolton is a true believer in the things he says . He wants us to take on just about everyone .

I do not have to read his book to understand that his big beef is that Trump in the end did not follow Bolton's advice . He tries to take down Pompeo,and drive a wedge between Pompeo and Trump because in the end ,Trump went to Pompeo when he needed advice on issues of the world ,and not to Bolton. Same thing in Ukraine . Trump sent Rudy and bypassed Bolton and all his gumbas in the diplomatic corp .

This is hard for me to write because I see eye to eye with Bolton's point of view on many issues .....like Iran But the NY Slimes in a review of the book hits on the big issue .....

In June 2019, Iran had shot down an unmanned American drone, and Bolton, who has always championed what he proudly calls “disproportionate response,” pushed Trump to approve a series of military strikes in retaliation. You can sense Bolton’s excitement when he describes going home “at about 5:30” for a change of clothes because he expected to be at the White House “all night.” It’s therefore an awful shock when Trump decided to call off the strikes at the very last minute, after learning they would kill as many as 150 people. “Too many body bags,” Trump told him. “Not proportionate.”
    Bolton still seems incensed at this unexpected display of caution and humanity on the part of Trump, deeming it “the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any President do.”
    Me ? I would've hit Iran . But then again I am not President . And that is the crux of the problem for Bolton . He was an advisor who's advice was scorned . But Bolton was not President .He served the President. The President used him for his purposes . When he had no more use for him ,Trump quit listening .I don't know if Bolton quit or was fired . It is irrelevant because it was clearly a mutual departure .

Now Bolton is aiming to make a buck on his bitterness. His claims that Trump does things with reelection in mind beggars the truth when you consider how many times Trump does and says things that hurts his reelection chances . To Bolton it is a simple equation ;agree with him then you are principled ...disagree and you are driven by politics . Trump and he were bound to butt heads . Bolton wants us in wars . Trump consistently has said he wants us out of stupid wars .

To me this tell all book is sour grapes . But he was in a position of importance where he and Trump must've spoken candidly on a number of sensitive national security issues . If his book reveals any national security secrets ;then as much as I like him ;he has to be taken down and charged .
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 06:40 PM
    The conservative Republican appointed Roberts court is proving to be one of the most activist courts since the Republican appointed Warren Court . I have been consistent in my position that SCOTUS has disproportionate power in a government that was designed so that the branches have equal power ;certainly more than should be given to unelected appointed for life justices .
    More a reflection of the other branches doing NOTHING or failing to pass constitutional muster. SCOTUS only gets involved when somebody brings them a case its not like they go looking for issues to decide so if the other branches of government abdicate their power of course SCOTUS appears more powerful than it really is. PSSSST. Let's not forget the right always says they are to powerful when they rule against what ever peeve they have to press. As much as I hated Citizens United, the failure of congress was why they got to decided it in the first place.

They usurped the power of judicial review early in the court's history and have evolved into so call final arbiters .Nowhere in the Constitution do you find that power assigned to them .They need their wings clipped.
    Has anyone ever challenge them? No but they have been reversed or corrected by new cases and as the highest court in the land.

My position is as it was before Roberts was confirmed as Chief Justice is that if term limits cannot be imposed by amendment ;then at very least every justice should be subject to a re-confirmation by the Senate periodically .Most of them lie through their teeth during their confirmation hearing or become so evasive in their responses that it is hard to determine their judicial philosophy . Does it surprise me that they are not true to what they have said in the past ? Not really . They have nothing to lose by going along to get along. Now that they are set for life the only thing left to work for is securing themselves in the beltway swamp cocktail circuit .
    Should they be independent, or vote along party lines? Obviously you expect them to be partisan and vote repub/conservative. You have to admit everybody is expecting them to be partisan but you can holler sour grapes when the break that expectation. We all know the nomination process is a sham, practiced, rehearsed, and predictable.

Obamas EO was comprehensive and within his powers while yet again the dufus just throws crap against the wall and expects the flies to eat it. I mean how many times did he have to resubmit his Muslim ban before he got it right?

I don't blame the courts, I blame the dufus incompetence. Have you noticed you haven't heard about the Flynn case lately? Wonder why?

To me this tell all book is sour grapes . But he was in a position of importance where he and Trump must've spoken candidly on a number of sensitive national security issues . If his book reveals any national security secrets ;then as much as I like him ;he has to be taken down and charged .
    If Bolton couldn't testify under oath when asked then screw his tell all. The dufus has had plenty of time to decide what's in and what's out, and an injunction instead of charges is rather telling tome. More dufus self serving antics before an election.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 06:55 PM
    Have you noticed you havent heard about the Flynn case lately? Wonder why?
    That's easy . The case is with a DC circus panel . That's why it is telling that one of the judges said Sullivan had appointed an "intemperate amicus" to oppose the DOJ ,in a not so subtle swipe at John Gleeson. The judge then went back to form consistent with the DC circus and said that doesn't mean he would deny Sullivan's motion. There is a hearing set for July 16 and the court is going to drag it out until then . That is why you hear nothing new about the Flynn case .

If Bolton couldn't testify under oath when asked then screw his tell all.
    Nah that was Bolton granstanding to sell his book. Everyone knows there is no way he was going to be allowed to testify because of the reason I already mentioned . He knew it was never going to happen. The Dems knew it too but were willing to play along with the charade
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 07:56 PM
    It's all for silly season TV to me Tom. Just never seen the crap piled so high before.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 08:09 PM
    Everyone knows there is no way he was going to be allowed to testify because of the reason I already mentioned
    To be clear, would you state the "reason you already mentioned" that Bolton was not allowed to testify?

It seems that Bolton could have testified but that would have prevented him earning millions for the book. In light of what has been reported about the book and it's blanket conclusion of Trump's unfitness to be president, the refusal doesn't speak well for Bolton's patriotism.

The Dems maintain that forcing him to testify would have been months in the courts, probably beyond the election.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It's all for silly season TV to me Tom. Just never seen the crap piled so high before.
    Well that is certainly true and not only in the US, things are going to pot all over the world, and a little virus has done it, put a dint in the rhetoric that we are the greatest and that applies to many nations. The virus will resurge notwithstanding that various cures are touted by the snake oil salesmen of the pharma who are profitting big
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2020, 01:02 AM
    the snake oil salesmen of the pharma who are profitting big
    explain . the only things being used for treatment at this point are old products that don't have exclusive patents and sell for pennies a dose . Big Pharma is spending a fortune in the hope that they can create a vaccine or a treatment regimen that helps saves lives and ends the pandemic . What are the Aussies contributing to the effort ?The medicine wheel ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2020, 04:26 AM
    In doing so SCOTUS assumed and usurped a legislative power .That is modern liberalism in a nutshell . What Congress can't get done the courts do for them .
    Exactly correct.

What are the Aussies contributing to the effort ?The medicine wheel ?
    I laughed out loud at that one.

It was just a few months ago that Clete was saying the Aussies had come up with a cure for the virus. Wonder what happened to that?
    Expert

Jun 19, 2020, 05:04 AM
    No different than conservatives expecting this new conservative SCOTUS to accomplish for the dufus and his legally flawed EOs is it? Wasn't that the whole plan behind Moscow Mitch not confirming Obama's pick?
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2020, 07:18 AM
    Mitch was following the Biden doctrine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What a dufus [ 52 Answers ]

And you guys elected him. Another "green" company has failed Obama's social engineering scheme (how many does that make now). Ener1, which received $118.5 million of our taxpayer dollars to build batteries for electric vehicles, filed for bankruptcy today. Not only that, but they received the Obama...

What a dufus! [ 60 Answers ]

Bush truly has a successor now, Obama is officially the new Dufus-in-chief. Last week he had another bowing incident. So far this week, he's told us that "every economist" insists he's saved or created 2 million jobs. At yesterday's prayer breakfast our Harvard educated dufus saluted two...

The dufus - again [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: Seventeen Gitmo detainees will be released on Friday INSIDE the US. The Federal judge said, "I think the moment has arrived for the courts to shine the light of constitutionality on the reasons for the detention." The Constitution?? What's that, Bush asks. "If they're released, it...

The dufus and Obama [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: Future President Obama, during the debates, said he would attack Al Qaeda INSIDE Pakistan... He was derided by the right for that policy. They kept saying that Pakistan is our ally and they're a sovereign nation... But, guess what?? Yup, the dufus in chief sent our forces into...

The Dufus [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. You righty's thought the dufus in chief would be a wonderful president too, didn't you? I don't think there's too many of you who still think that. Well, maybe Galviston does. He's losing in Afghanistan. He lost Pakistan. He's losing in Iraq. He lost Georgia and the...

View more questions Search