Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2020, 04:24 PM
    Meanwhile back in the real world
    https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...33e1ba2e865ca8

a clash between India and China has resulted from a number of deaths from fighting on the border, very violent these fights between opposing forces, no doubt each testing their martial arts
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2020, 05:36 PM
    I told you that was coming . No it is Xi's aggression and desperation . You think it is a coincidence that this clash occurred at the same time as the Koreas are on the brink ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2020, 06:38 PM
    NK is being opportunistic while the US is self occupied, but India/China is a different problem, illdefined borders and chinese aggression
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2020, 07:02 PM
    To me it is very simple .The geology explains China's lust for the territory . If you control the Ganges Brahmaputra basin you control the region .
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2020, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    To me it is very simple. The geology explains China's lust for the territory. If you control the Ganges Brahmaputra basin you control the region .
    yes but who would want the social problems, China is a highly urbanised society, India not so much. China already has big rivers to worry about, and there is the question of religion. China is a secular communist society, India is not. The geology is what keeps them apart
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2020, 02:20 AM
    India is a challenge to China's hegemonic ambitions .
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2020, 05:57 AM
    Everyone forgets the Himalayas , they are a mighty barrier not easily crossed
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2020, 07:39 AM
    India gets rep points for standing up and challenging the big dogs on the block. Nipping at their heels by India is but another challenge Xi has to face with US warships close, and HK, and a resurgence of Covid19 in Beijing, he should be plenty busy.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2020, 03:32 PM
    Did you hear details of the battle yet ? It was stone age brutal . They clashed in a sub zero area that is 5200 meters above sea level The oxygen level is about half About 20 Indian troops KIA and an unreported 75 Chinese (depending on which report you believe because the Chinese won't admit to any casualties . ) It started when the Chinese sent regular troops to the border .Both India and China had an agreement that no weapons would be deployed .And India did not take the buildup as a a big deal because the Russians assured them that all the Chinese were doing was exercises . So the Chinese easily brushed aside the Indian patrol and started to build infrastructure on the India side of the border . India responded by send troops to the border .Then there was a confrontation that resulted in the India commander being pushed off a ledge . This enraged the Indians and a full blown donnybrook engaged that lasted for hours Again no firearms ....The Chinese had metal rods both sides used wooden clubs some wrapped in barbed wire or had nails driven in them .....and both sides use stones .Soldiers of both sides were thrown over the ledge into jagged rocks or a frozen river .
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2020, 05:20 PM
    Yes we saw pics of the weapons, the chinese came prepared but barbaric
    Expert

Jun 20, 2020, 04:29 AM
    Wonder who will be first to bring a bigger club? Maybe they should build a ring and sell tickets and call it SMACKDOWN.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2020, 04:54 AM
    They had a month long war there is 1962 in the same brutally inhospitable conditions,which means that even though firearms were used ,it was still mostly a light infantry war. . India had a vast superiority in naval forces . But neither sided was looking to escalate the war so naval and air power would not be decisive .

Technically it was a China win .But they had a cease fire and China withdrew from any territorial gain .
    The biggest thing from US perspective is that we refused to sell weapons to India while the Russians did. This pushed India into an alignment with the Soviet Union .We are only now patching up the damage that mistake caused.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2020, 11:46 AM
    Something tells me that another encounter is being planned as we speak.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2020, 04:08 PM
    no apparently China has backed off, which makes you wonder what the purpose of the exercise was
    Expert

Jun 20, 2020, 09:11 PM
    China backed off until they come back again.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2020, 09:15 PM
    Yes that may be true, Just like Trump said if you test you find more cases, that may also be true. However, I cannot help feeling there is a disconnect in both cases. Why start something and then withdraw?
    Expert

Jun 20, 2020, 09:50 PM
    What would be the point of guarding a cold isolated patch of ground in the first place.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2020, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What would be the point of guarding a cold isolated patch of ground in the first place.
    Well China objected to India building a road, there is a lake there, so fresh water? water resources are going to be important with big populations
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2020, 01:08 AM
    control the high ground is as old as Sun Tzu but yes China's long game is to control the vital water resources that flow into India ,Tibet ,Bangladesh ,Pakistan . The site of the battle is the Galwan Valley but it is the Galwan River that is contested .Galwan River meets Shyok River, an important tributary of the Indus River. China built a road there before the 1962 was and that helped them get an advantage in troop movement . Now they object to India building it's own road.
    Expert

Jun 21, 2020, 06:11 AM
    With such long termed tensions all they needed was a loony eclipse to set 'em off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In the real world, dividends [ 1 Answers ]

5. DeAngelo Corp.'s projected net income is $150.0 million, its target capital structure is 25% debt and 75% equity, and its target payout ratio is 65%. DeAngelo has more positive NPV projects than it can finance without issuing new stock, but its board of directors had decreed that it cannot...

In the real world, dividends [ 0 Answers ]

In the real world, dividends Answer are usually more stable than earnings. fluctuate more widely than earnings. tend to be a lower percentage of earnings for mature firms. are usually changed every year to reflect earnings changes, and these changes are randomly higher or...

In the real world, Dividends [ 1 Answers ]

in the real world, dividends -are usually more stable than earnings -fluctuate more widely than earnings -tend to be a lower percentage of earnings for mature firms -are usually changed every year to reflect changes, and these changes are randomly higher to lower, depending on whether earnings...

Going out for the REAL WORLD. Vote for me? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Posted quite a few questions and comments on here and so thought maybe some of you would have my back. I submitted myself to go onto the next season of the Real World. I would GREATLY appreciate it if I got your vote! :D

Returning to the real world [ 22 Answers ]

After a few years of being addicted to Oxycontin I have finally began an outpatient treatment program as of a few months ago. It has really served me well and helped kep me out of trouble I could have potentially put myself in, but now I am trying to take the steps it takes to create a stable life...

View more questions Search