Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

The controversy is when is life begun. Some say at conception, some say at birth, but what has always been missing is the funding for kids as they develop from that zygote and enter into the real world. I think that's what you have eluded to and I would agree with that.
    there is no controversy as to when life begins, It is obvious. What is controversial is when life should end and by what means
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    there is no controversy as to when life begins, It is obvious. What is controversial is when life should end and by what means
    If I may, the proper question should be when does HUMAN life begin?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2020, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    If I may, the proper question should be when does HUMAN life begin?
    At birth, when the human breathes for the first time.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    At birth, when the human breathes for the first time.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    false logic scripture also says the Lord knitted us together in our mother's womb so it is his definition not ours
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2020, 04:59 PM
    false logic scripture also says the Lord knitted us together in our mother's womb so it is his definition not ours
    Yes, He knitted us together in the womb, but we didn't become human until we drew our first breath.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 07:39 PM
    Yes, He knitted us together in the womb, but we didn't become human until we drew our first breath.
    There is no evidence to support your claim, a human looks human in or out of the womb, life is viable even prematurely
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2020, 08:20 PM
    life is viable even prematurely
    Only when that life breathes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 09:50 PM
    Only when that life breathes.

What is being argued here is whether someone prematurely prevents birth and breathing, you know this, so when a baby takes a breath is academic at best. Make all the excuses you want, abortion is murder, premeditated murder and the law that says otherwise is an . Any law that seems to preempt or overthrow God's law is an
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 11:02 PM
    Make all the excuses you want, abortion is murder, premeditated murder and the law that says otherwise is an .
    This is a religious argument. You are entitled to it but religious law does not overcome the secular law.

Any law that seems to preempt or overthrow God's law is an
    Which God are you referring to?
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2020, 11:43 PM
    This is a religious argument. You are entitled to it but religious law does not overcome the secular law.

Which God are you referring to?
    There is only one God, Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 04:10 AM
    Everybody says that.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:32 AM
    There is only one God, Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit.
    Is that three gods?

Judaism has one God, Christianity 3 godheads in one, Arabia has Allah who predates Islam, Hinduism many gods similar to saints in Catholicism who are aspects of Brahma, Buddha no gods, Native Americans Manitou or the Great Spirit. All peoples and cultures develop their own god/gods. Then there are the religions that have been relegated to mythology - Zeus, Odin, and many more over the eons.

Like you, each thinks their God is the only God.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:43 AM
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:47 AM
    I scrolled down wondering what to expect. Then I saw it. It made me laugh.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 07:51 AM
    Good one Tom...of course I have some too...!

Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Is that three gods?

Judaism has one God, Christianity 3 godheads in one, Arabia has Allah who predates Islam, Hinduism many gods similar to saints in Catholicism who are aspects of Brahma, Buddha no gods, Native Americans Manitou or the Great Spirit. All peoples and cultures develop their own god/gods. Then there are the religions that have been relegated to mythology - Zeus, Odin, and many more over the eons.

Like you, each thinks their God is the only God.
    The idea that God is one is as old as time but I believe Jesus when he says he and the father are one
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 05:21 PM
    The idea that God is one is as old as time but I believe Jesus when he says he and the father are one
    The core of Christianity is a beautiful religion. Some bumps in the road over the centuries but nobody's perfect (humans).
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 06:39 PM
    The core of Christianity is a beautiful religion. Some bumps in the road over the centuries but nobody's perfect (humans).
    You see what has been lost is that Christianity isn't a religion it is a relationship
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:00 PM
    You see what has been lost is that Christianity isn't a religion it is a relationship
    Well ok. Couldn't it be both?
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:15 PM
    Well ok. Couldn't it be both?
    Religion is ritual, it is not the same, as I said there was something lost in the transition, perhaps caused by persecution by the religiously minded. During the foundation, the disciples spent years in relationship with Jesus, religion was different, they had a temple for that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freewill fund raiser , provided dinner ,food was donated is there quid pro quo [ 2 Answers ]

We had a fund raiser where attendees could make a contribution if they wanted and we provided a dinner where all food and drink was donated. Do we have to report valued of dinner and does contributor have to deduct from their contribution.

Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quid Cad Short Bed Sport [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 DODGE RAM 2500 v10 Quid Cad short bed The A/C works great when I works When I slow down or come to a stop it sound like a door closes under the dask it goes from cold air to HOT I have to turn it off and turn it back on after a few secondes it not the door under the glove box...

He's Racist! [ 31 Answers ]

This is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. My B/F and I have been together for two years. We have a unique relationship. I am a single mom and devote most of my time to my daughter. He is in med-school. Although we talk every day, we only spend time together one day a week....

No Good uncle trying to get with my woman! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a uncle who is married but wants to sleep with my woman and I'm about ready to snap his neck on any given day the next time I see him.He says disrepectful things that I don't like in a in-direct manner.im really pissed off.he say things to me in person in a joking manner but also meaning...

He's a racist! [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we love each other very much. We are young and we are the kind of couple that might get married in about 8 years. But my problem is that I'm hispanic and he is white. He works in the corrections department. And the people who work in...

View more questions Search