Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Religion is ritual, it is not the same, as I said there was something lost in the transition, perhaps caused by persecution by the religiously minded. During the foundation, the disciples spent years in relationship with Jesus, religion was different, they had a temple for that
    Religion is many things, including ritual. But the difference (religion-relationship)is not an issue for me. If it works for you, that's good enough for me.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Religion is many things, including ritual. But the difference (religion-relationship)is not an issue for me. If it works for you, that's good enough for me.
    yes it works for me
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2020, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You see what has been lost is that Christianity isn't a religion it is a relationship
    I think that's possible, highly likely, and many don't need the religion/dogma/traditions and customs to have that relationship.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I think that's possible, highly likely, and many don't need the religion/dogma/traditions and customs to have that relationship.
    Right on Tal
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2020, 08:54 AM
    Why am I not shocked by your agreement on this subject? It does feel good to be comfortable congregating around others in the true sense of the word. Its powerful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freewill fund raiser , provided dinner ,food was donated is there quid pro quo [ 2 Answers ]

We had a fund raiser where attendees could make a contribution if they wanted and we provided a dinner where all food and drink was donated. Do we have to report valued of dinner and does contributor have to deduct from their contribution.

Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quid Cad Short Bed Sport [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 DODGE RAM 2500 v10 Quid Cad short bed The A/C works great when I works When I slow down or come to a stop it sound like a door closes under the dask it goes from cold air to HOT I have to turn it off and turn it back on after a few secondes it not the door under the glove box...

He's Racist! [ 31 Answers ]

This is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. My B/F and I have been together for two years. We have a unique relationship. I am a single mom and devote most of my time to my daughter. He is in med-school. Although we talk every day, we only spend time together one day a week....

No Good uncle trying to get with my woman! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a uncle who is married but wants to sleep with my woman and I'm about ready to snap his neck on any given day the next time I see him.He says disrepectful things that I don't like in a in-direct manner.im really pissed off.he say things to me in person in a joking manner but also meaning...

He's a racist! [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we love each other very much. We are young and we are the kind of couple that might get married in about 8 years. But my problem is that I'm hispanic and he is white. He works in the corrections department. And the people who work in...

View more questions Search