Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Now I understand you and the dufus. Let everybody catch a dose and the herd immunity can be achieved. The numbers will be VERY ugly though. I doubt if sacrificing that any people for something that may not happen will be a good outcome, so the pain of that business as usual approach may not go over so well.

Look this is the great culling, the planet is fighting back against the most virilent virus, humans

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...fed2a3ee51be76
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 03:35 AM
    It's here to stay and will mutate, as it has been doing already. Welcome to the new normal.
    what do you define as the new normal? Locking people up in their own homes in perpetuity ? AIDS is a virus that never went away . Treatments were created and risk groups identified . The workplace has already adapted to make it as safe as we can get it . Time for America to get back to work .
    Now I understand you and the dufus. Let everybody catch a dose and the herd immunity can be achieved. The numbers will be VERY ugly though. I doubt if sacrificing that any people for something that may not happen will be a good outcome, so the pain of that business as usual approach may not go over so well.
    see above ..
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-first-thought

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...5-123459f0082b
    0.4% and I think it is lower by half .

Originally Posted by Athos
    What are the effective treatments?
    New effective treatments are coming on the market every day .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what do you define as the new normal? Locking people up in their own homes in perpetuity? ?
    No, no one has suggested that. Use caution - social distance, masks, hygiene, stay at home when possible.

That is NOT true! SOME treatments are SOMETIMES effective. The jury is still out - way out - on a universal treatment that works for the great majority.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 04:46 AM
    I did not say universal treatment . That may never be achieved . What I would like to see is a greater emphasis in the country on prevention . Besides the guidelines you brought up (which are already in place for those who would pay attention to them),there should also be more education on how people can build up their immune systems .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 04:55 AM
    I did not say universal treatment .
    Ok, quibble - how about just treatment for most people, majority.

What I would like to see is a greater emphasis in the country on prevention . Besides the guidelines you brought up (which are already in place for those who would pay attention to them),there should also be more education on how people can build up their immune systems .
    Nobody would disagree with that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2020, 08:24 AM
    what do you define as the new normal? Locking people up in their own homes in perpetuity ? AIDS is a virus that never went away . Treatments were created and risk groups identified . The workplace has already adapted to make it as safe as we can get it . Time for America to get back to work .

see above ..
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-first-thought

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...5-123459f0082b
    0.4% and I think it is lower by half .

Originally Posted by Athos
    What are the effective treatments?
    I will allow that your data links are from the end of May, so any updates would be appreciated since there is a huge spike in June and July.

There is no new normal yet Tom, just a mad scramble to keep up. We learn more every week, but a long way from even say w know enough. You may as well start giving kindergarteners a PHD for getting potty trained.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2020, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Ok, quibble - how about just treatment for most people, majority.

Nobody would disagree with that.
    Yes let us have another game of quibble, gooody, you serve
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 04:22 AM
    I did not say universal treatment . That may never be achieved . What I would like to see is a greater emphasis in the country on prevention . Besides the guidelines you brought up (which are already in place for those who would pay attention to them),there should also be more education on how people can build up their immune systems .
    Prevention means ceasing spreader activity such as all unnecessary human activity, and focusing on the essentials like NY did, and is still doing, and having a great testing infrastructure while we do all that other stuff you mentioned.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:09 AM
    Now you've got it
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 10:56 AM
    Does me no good, unless the rest of us here get it too.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 04:23 PM
    for that you need leadership, but not a leader in sight
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:03 PM
    There is an election in sight though...WHEW!
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 05:08 PM
    a forelorn hope with no leader in sight
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:11 PM
    Anybody will be an improvement even Bozo the clown, over the dufus but regardless we'll manage. That pisses you off doesn't it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:17 PM
    Anybody will be an improvement even Bozo the clown, over the dufus but regardless we'll manage. That pisses you off doesn't it?
    And I suspect Biden's choice of running mate will be supremely important in his being elected.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 05:17 PM
    No I wish you well in the endeavour to find a new leader or even any leader but let's face it the choice is between two old men. Doubt there is much gas left in the tank
    Expert

Jul 13, 2020, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And I suspect Biden's choice of running mate will be supremely important in his being elected.
    I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    No I wish you well in the endeavour to find a new leader or even any leader but let's face it the choice is between two old men. Doubt there is much gas left in the tank
    Never sell an old coot short.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2020, 07:37 PM
    I tend to agree.

Never sell an old coot short.
    I'm an old coot and I know what it feels like
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 04:20 AM
    Everybody is destined to be an old coot someday, if they live long enough. Wish I had been more respectful of my elders when I was younger. Now it's my turn I guess to be dissed by the youngsters, many with no clue. Oh well!
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 12:51 PM
    indeed . Unlike him ,his running mate will have to have a pulse .

Prevention means ceasing spreader activity such as all unnecessary human activity, and focusing on the essentials like NY did, and is still doing, and having a great testing infrastructure while we do all that other stuff you mentioned.
    And yet counties that opened up here are "spiking " and il duce is threatening more draconian action. I need to do my research . I think many of these measures are illegal or unconstitutional.
    Facing reality . All these measures are the equivalent of the prevent defense . The slowing of the rate of infection won't change the fact that the virus is going to run it's course until humans achieve herd immunity .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21st century slavery [ 8 Answers ]

Can a employer not give raise to the felon he has working but give them to everyone else? Can they take benefits away from felon but no one else? Can he not pay a felon for ANY OVERTIME he works just because he is a felon?

How to mix 21st century milk replacer for puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 week old smooth haired chihuahua at around 16 oz in weight measured in a cup on a sm. Weigher , what would b the proper mix? The cup got zroed in and measured in ozs.

Abbott and Costello in the 21st Century [ 5 Answers ]

Abbot and Costello in the 21st Century COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou. ABBOTT: Your...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

21st Century Tithing. [ 23 Answers ]

Would you tithe: 1. More 2. Less 3. The Same 4. Be Highly Offended 5. I don't tithe at all. IF your place of worship accepted Debit and Credit Cards????

View more questions Search