Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2020, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    In what way were then ten commandments negative but then I expect you think any curtailment of your freedom to kill, steal, have intercourse, covert, disrespect God or parents or others negative
    Thou shalt NOT vs. Love
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2020, 06:30 PM
    They start with thou shall
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2020, 06:35 PM
    They start with thou shall
    Nope. Thou shalt not.... All are orders: fear God and keep His commandments.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 8, 2020, 07:25 PM
    @Tom.

Good thing repubs outlawed a third term because Obama would have won that too, and we wouldn't be watching the dufus screw up the world with his paper tax fueled Wall Street windfall money giveaway, and scandalous domestic and foreign antics. Maybe then we would be doing what we should be doing to manage a pandemic, and preserving a healthy economy instead of sucking profits, and forcing the slaves back to the fields during that raging pandemic. While people are still enrolling in Obama Care after losing health insurance the dufus is still repealing and not replacing the ACA, and repub governors are expanding Medicaid because they have no better options and good thing as the pandemic rages and ravages through the country.

Aintcha glad it's OUR turn to try and make the dufus a one term president Tom? If we win the conservatives do too, and they can finally free their heads from the shoulder deep arse of the dufus to breath the fresh air of freedom again. After a nice long cold hosing of course, so we can drag you by the ankles into the future. Joe wouldn't be the first dem to save the country from repubs screwing up everything you know, but you guys are making a habit of screwing things up when you get the chance. At least from Pappy Bush on.

The daily virus cases are rising to 60,000 cases a day and the positives for the virus is higher than 25%, and the testing lines here with an 8 day turn around are miles long in 100 degree heat. Great job the dufus is doing, and we should vote him out tomorrow, because we may all be too sick and broke in November.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2020, 02:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    @Tom. Aintcha glad it's OUR turn to try and make the dufus a one term president Tom? If we win the conservatives do too, and they can finally free their heads from the shoulder deep arse of the dufus to breath the fresh air of freedom again. After a nice long cold hosing of course, so we can drag you by the ankles into the future. Joe wouldn't be the first dem to save the country from repubs screwing up everything you know, but you guys are making a habit of screwing things up when you get the chance. At least from Pappy Bush on.
    There's so much in this paragraph that speaks volumes, I felt the need to jump in.

The Republicans have been the worst thing to hit this country since Nixon. From that traitor's attempt to sabotage the Paris Peace Talks simply so he could have a better chance at being elected and causing the death of untold American GIs - to Reagan who could deliver nice platitudes but didn't have much going for him above the shoulders and had to backtrack his Laffer tax nonsense - to George I and "read my lips" - and then to George II, the worst monster of the whole crowd.

Bush 2 invaded a country on evidence that he knew was false and caused over one million casualties. His cohorts in crime were Cheney, Tenet, and, sadly, Powell, a good man who was betrayed by his military obsession with loyalty. All should have been tried for war crimes.

Then we come to the present occupant of the White House. Trump is the worst president in United States history. Number 2 worst isn't even close. His idiocy is so well-known, there is no need to repeat it here. November cannot come too soon.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2020, 01:14 PM
    Nothing like a looming election to charge hyper partisanship to a fever pitch. Add to that an economy destroying pandemic ravaging everybody and taking no prisoners, we have exposed yet another repub president for his incompetence as he flails away with noise and lies.

Love to see the look on his face when he looks out of the front window of the building that bears his name to the street below painted with the words Black Lives Matter in large letters.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Juvenile poking by Sandinista Bill . That is a heavily travelled road . it will look like splotches of bird poop on the road in a matter of days. They had hourly reports on the progress this morning . Seems they tied up most of rush hour doing the stenciling so Bill wouldn't paint outside the lines. They were ready to paint by lunch time which was perfect for the part time mayor . The dope from Park Slope doesn't wake up that early anyway . He has to come down from his night buzz first if you know what I mean . There are two lawsuits pending against the painted words on the street in Washington DC. Of course NYC has the funds to spare to defend this childishness in court now that they are cutting a billion from NYPD budget in the wake of the biggest crime and murder spree we have seen in NYC since the days of Dinky Dinkens .
    Expert

Jul 10, 2020, 04:28 AM
    Stunt or not it was still great.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2020, 02:21 PM
    For weeks we heard the part time mayor crying about the need for Trump to bail out NYC . Good luck with that . I wonder if he knows that Trump has already moved out of NYC and established residency in FLA. The thing is that Trump Tower and that area of 5th Ave had stopped being the tourist go to place that it had been . But now with the mural ,a crowd of sightseers have shown up .There is a mini street festival right now that will last through the weekend because Sandinista Bill wants people to admire his paint by numbers project .He shut down traffic in that section of 5th Ave for the weekend . Don't know if that will continue beyond that . The rest of the merchants on 5th are not happy campers . Tourist are taking selfies in front of the "mural" and Trump Tower ;and of course going into the lobby to buy Trump merchandize .
    Expert

Jul 10, 2020, 03:14 PM
    We don't hear all that crying this far away and have our own idiots to contend with. Conservatives are jumping all over Abbott.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15397875.php
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 04:38 AM
    Hubris to think he can control Texans . I look at masks like speed limit laws .Either people are going to obey them or not . Almost impossible to enforce if enough people decided they won't wear them . So the alternative is to now punish the rest of the state ? I don't care which party they are from . I don't like these tin pot power hungry governors who think a crisis gives them the authority to be absolute dictators . There are going to be a lot of court and constitutional challenges that come out of these arbitrary lock downs . It aint ending when the virus goes away.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2020, 09:49 AM
    I would imagine it's quite hard to balance public safety, and election year politics, so no wonder we have confusion and chaos amid this economy destroying pandemic. That seems to be the biggest difference between our response to the virus, and the rest of the world. You don't think people will see that as we roll through this summer, and the virus has not slowed down?
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 10:05 AM
    I would imagine it's quite hard to balance public safehe balance is between public safety and election year politics
    that is not the balance . the balance is between pubic saftet and personal liberty .

Good thing the 2009 H1N1 pandemic was not in an election year ....

This from when CBS had a smidgen of integrity left " "In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases. The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.
    CBS News learned that the decision to stop counting H1N1 flu cases was made so hastily that states weren't given the opportunity to provide input. Instead, on July 24, the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists, CSTE, issued the following notice to state public health officials on behalf of the CDC:
    "Attached are the Q&As that will be posted on the CDC website tomorrow explaining why CDC is no longer reporting case counts for novel H1N1. CDC would have liked to have run these by you for input but unfortunately there was not enough time before these needed to be posted (emphasis added)."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swine-f...overestimated/
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that is not the balance . the balance is between pubic saftet and personal liberty .
    Nope. It's between public safety and election year politics.

Good thing the 2009 H1N1 pandemic was not in an election year
    Good thing the Bubonic Plague in 1348 AD didn't cross the ocean to North America.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2020, 12:08 PM
    Too bad the virus doesn't care about what anyone feels about their personal liberty. It won't be stopped with principles and platitudes, or ignoring it either.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 01:49 PM
    it won't be stopped until a vaccine is created ;a treatment is created ,or we achieve herd immunity .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2020, 01:59 PM
    it won't be stopped until a vaccine is created ;a treatment is created ,or we achieve herd immunity .
    It's here to stay and will mutate, as it has been doing already. Welcome to the new normal.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 03:09 PM
    There are effective treatments, otherwise why has america cornered the market on anti virals, but it won't be stopped until common sense prevails
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2020, 03:21 PM
    There are effective treatments, otherwise why has america cornered the market on anti virals, but it won't be stopped until common sense prevails
    What are the effective treatments?
    Expert

Jul 11, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Now I understand you and the dufus. Let everybody catch a dose and the herd immunity can be achieved. The numbers will be VERY ugly though. I doubt if sacrificing that any people for something that may not happen will be a good outcome, so the pain of that business as usual approach may not go over so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    What are the effective treatments?
    We have two that while not 100% or even widespread effective, are better than none, an anti viral, and steroid, as yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21st century slavery [ 8 Answers ]

Can a employer not give raise to the felon he has working but give them to everyone else? Can they take benefits away from felon but no one else? Can he not pay a felon for ANY OVERTIME he works just because he is a felon?

How to mix 21st century milk replacer for puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 week old smooth haired chihuahua at around 16 oz in weight measured in a cup on a sm. Weigher , what would b the proper mix? The cup got zroed in and measured in ozs.

Abbott and Costello in the 21st Century [ 5 Answers ]

Abbot and Costello in the 21st Century COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou. ABBOTT: Your...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

21st Century Tithing. [ 23 Answers ]

Would you tithe: 1. More 2. Less 3. The Same 4. Be Highly Offended 5. I don't tithe at all. IF your place of worship accepted Debit and Credit Cards????

View more questions Search