Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    indeed . Unlike him ,his running mate will have to have a pulse .
    At least Biden has a heart and a brain.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:10 PM
    There is evidence of that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    There is evidence of that?
    Yes. After all, would you really rather have Trump's brain running your country?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    And yet counties that opened up here are "spiking " and il duce is threatening more draconian action. I need to do my research . I think many of these measures are illegal or unconstitutional.
    Facing reality . All these measures are the equivalent of the prevent defense . The slowing of the rate of infection won't change the fact that the virus is going to run it's course until humans achieve herd immunity .
    IF herd immunity can be achieved and for how long. I started my theory of the virus with it will get everybody eventually, but obviously you don't want everybody, or even a great number sick at the same time do we? We can barely handle a small percentage sick right now. We can't get a reliable quick test now, making quarantine and isolation, and contact tracing useless, and a function just for hospitals.

Hoping for the best is natural, but planning for the worst was essential. Ignoring the NY example was plain stupid, and even you NY'ers aren't out of the woods. We ignored the lessons and learned nothing? Oh well hope we have enough refrigerator trucks for the dead. 1% of the population if were lucky.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:42 PM
    The NY lesson is we are no better off than the Swedes . If by NY example you mean making sure the most vulnerable are exposed then no thanks .
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 03:52 PM
    I've conceded mistakes have been made, but we are early into the learning curve here Tom, and obviously we are a long way from figuring it out. I just don't get conservatives/repubs ignore it, and business as usual stance.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 03:53 PM
    Guess you will figure out who to fleece to pay the tab later .
    Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 06:36 PM
    Lets see, repubs screw things up, and dems come along and unscrew things up. You need more than that? The real question has been when will repubs pick up the tab they make?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes. After all, would you really rather have Trump's brain running your country?
    It's not my country inflicted by the colosall EGO that is Trump, but at least he has a brain even though it is little used, he can put two words together
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2020, 06:46 PM
    he can put two words together
    No, he can't.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2020, 08:38 AM
    The dufus can actually put words together quite well, as long as they are nasty but also senseless.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 06:14 PM
    That is just babbling
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2020, 07:19 PM
    That is just babbling
    Like this?
    “We secured nearly $1.2 billion to expand rural broadband, which you need very badly. You need very badly,” said Trump. “They have not treated the Midwest well with broadband, with anything having to do with the word computer. I look at some of those tractors and they don’t even hook up. They’re all set. But you don’t have the capability in terms of your infrastructure—” [a Fox anchor broke in to interrupt him].

Or this?
    "He plagiarized from me," Trump told a reporter today on his way to Miami, Florida, referring to Joe Biden's economic plan. And then, "It's very radical left, but he said the right things, because he is copying what I've done."
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 07:27 PM
    exactly
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 10:15 AM
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2020, 10:50 AM
    posted by the person who applauds il duce Cuomo and his dictates of the week .

This week to patronize a bar we have to buy some food and sit down . So an enterprising bar posted their new menu for the bar area .
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 01:23 PM
    Let me know how a bunch of drunks crowded around a bar works for fighting this spread of the virus.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2020, 06:35 PM
    Maybe they believe alcohol is an antiviral

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...virus/12470476
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 07:45 PM
    Drunks do stupid stuff without or without a virus threat.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2020, 04:19 AM
    Some businesses out of necessity to survive have been forced to create an underground economy. Many will just fold under the draconian and unfair top down decisions .As an example , Gavin Newsome ,who owns wineries in Napa Valley has allowed them to operate. But the wineries in the San Juaquin Valley are not permitted to do so. Some businesses have gone so far as to use prohibition style methods ;peep holes ,special knocks or pass codes to trusted customers. Many service businesses like hair dressers ,nail salons ,massage ,tattoo parlors have resorted to a cash transactions only to bipass the mini-dicator's arbitrary decisions about which businesses may open or not.

Drunks do stupid stuff
    yeah and so do Walmart and Costco customers . But those businesses have been deemed essential . In California they closed the bars but left the pot dispensaries open .

They give drugs and booze to the homeless addicts along with free hotel rooms . They call the hotel rooms temporary shelter . But the truth is that they plan on converting these hotels into permanent shelters ,and they plan on using Federal money to pay for it .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21st century slavery [ 8 Answers ]

Can a employer not give raise to the felon he has working but give them to everyone else? Can they take benefits away from felon but no one else? Can he not pay a felon for ANY OVERTIME he works just because he is a felon?

How to mix 21st century milk replacer for puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 week old smooth haired chihuahua at around 16 oz in weight measured in a cup on a sm. Weigher , what would b the proper mix? The cup got zroed in and measured in ozs.

Abbott and Costello in the 21st Century [ 5 Answers ]

Abbot and Costello in the 21st Century COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou. ABBOTT: Your...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

21st Century Tithing. [ 23 Answers ]

Would you tithe: 1. More 2. Less 3. The Same 4. Be Highly Offended 5. I don't tithe at all. IF your place of worship accepted Debit and Credit Cards????

View more questions Search