Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 01:55 AM
    Senate Hearings this summer
    You thought that now that the Russia Hoax was completely debunked that you could move on to other topics . The Senate Dems in the Judiciary Committee made that wish abundantly clear this week during the Rod Rosenstein public hearing . The big news out of that hearing was that he was an incompetent boob who did not bother to read the FISA warrant he signed off on.....or he is a liar . He also threw the entire Comey FBI leadership under the bus which pissed off Andrew McCabe. The Dem Senators whole attitude was that they had planted the story 3 years ago ,cemented the narrative in the American mind so nothing new here .

But that is not how it is going to play out .Senator Ron Johnson has issued subpoenas for 3 dozen of the Emperor's WH, DOJ and Intel personnel. Lindsey Graham is in the process of preparing 50 subpoenas. So the Dems thought they would control the narrative going into the election . Think again.
    What makes it more amusing is how these future frog marchers love to flap their gums. MSNBC has just hired Lisa Page as an analyst (wives of men at MSNBC beware ) . She joins a conga line of former officials who routinely lie on tv. Maybe their lawyers haven't informed them but everything they say is admissible ;and John Durham is taking notes . US Attorney John Bash is also investigating the unmaskings so I'm sure he'll be tuning in.

Expect to see more 'nothing to see here ...move on ' comments from the Dems on the Committee and from Quid pro Joe after he wipes the oatmeal drool from his lips .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 04:34 AM
    Tom, this is a piece of hysteria without much factual info. I understand what you're hoping for, but let's stick to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The big news out of that hearing was that he was an incompetent boob who did not bother to read the FISA warrant he signed off on
    Rosenstein definitely disagreed with Trump's claim that the investigation was a hoax.

He disagreed with Barr's assertion that the investigation was an "utterly baseless corrupt criminal investigation." Rosenstein flatly denied it and said to Barr's words, "I do not believe the investigation was corrupt".

He denied any political bias in the investigation.

He agreed that Flynn should have been investigated. (Flynn has pled guilty, then bizarrely re-pled not guilty a year later, and that business is being settled by the courts).

The GOP was hoping for a smoking gun from Rosenstein but was disappointed when it didn't happen.

This is only the first day. More to come.

The rest of Tomd's post was the yellowest of journalism.

The committee itself is just a diversion from Trump's chaotic mishandling of the Covid-19 crisis in an attempt to get Trump re-elected. (My opinion - not offered as fact).
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 05:02 AM
    1st fact ;after much obfuscating ,he was forced to admit that he indeed did not read the FISA warrant he signed off on. His comments under oath under the Flynn standards were certainly worthy of being charged with perjury .That's actually an old stratergy designed by Eric Holder who would not take responsibility because he never actually read what he signs off .

2nd fact Ron Johnson's subpoenas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...482_story.html

3rd fact 50 subpoenas

https://romesentinel.com/stories/sen...ia-probe,99020

4th fact McCabe and Rosenstein riff . The rats are beginning to jump ship and point fingers

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...involvement-in

5th fact Dems on Committee said to move on ;something you just echoed .

Democrats have dismissed the Republican investigations as an election-year effort to boost Trump's reelection bid and rewrite the history of the Mueller investigation. Senate Democrats charged Wednesday that the Judiciary Committee should be focused on addressing more important issues, like the Covid-19 pandemic and the nationwide protests over policing, rather than relitigating the Russia probe.
    "Those who tuned in might have expected we had a hearing concerning the public health crisis facing America, the pandemic we're fighting every day," said Sen. Durbin.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2020, 06:49 AM
    Benghazi....emails...now Mueller! Repubs don't have to appear before congress despite dem subpoenas, but you must obey repub subpoenas? I know conservatives are chomping at the bit, and desperate to keep power and depend on the dufus for that, but the same ones who boohooed the dems probes and hearings are holding their own?

Nice spin though Tom, but amounts to the same type of partisan witch hunt during an election year that you accused the dems of. I suppose it's the repubs turn though so have at it. You gotta rally the base!

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ated-testimony

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/polit...ump/index.html

Democrats pushed back on Republican allegations surrounding the investigation, arguing that the problems with the Page FISA warrant did not affect Mueller's investigation and that the opposition research dossier cited in the FISA warrant was not part of Mueller's final report.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 07:14 AM
    Repubs don't have to appear before congress despite dem subpoenas, but you must obey repub subpoenas?
    All the Dems are out of office . When they were in the Repubs could not call people inside the WH unless the emperor consented .

but the same ones who boohooed the dems probes and hearings are holding their own?
    we know from released of testimony that the Dems like Comey were lying through their teeth . Now we get to hear them lie publicly .

The warrant Rosenstein signed off on was a renewal of a Carter Page one . Supposedly to renew you have to show progress to the court that you aren't on a phishing expedition . The warrant had no new info. and now we find out that Rosenstein rubber stamped the warrant and the court rubber stamped the approval . That alone is a separate investigation . How often are Americans rights trampled by the abuse of a court system where the accused has no redress to address 4th amendment violations ? Rosenstein also rubber stamped the appointment of Mueller ;a personal friend of Comey . His appointment was a clear conflict of interest . The Senate investigation is to discover the many abuses of power the Obots did in their attempted coup .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 07:29 AM
    Rosenstein's admission of the lack of care re the FISA warrants is true.

For the rest, especially nutty Graham and his bizarre 50-80 subpoenas or whatever, is a bad joke. It is so obviously a diversion from the election that I doubt anyone will buy it.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2020, 07:46 AM
    Shame your eyes glazed over reading the Mueller report. Now repubs can fill your head with all kinds of conspiracy theories and notions of partisan witch hunts the dufus has been hollering about and Barr has co signed. I admit it's a lot to digest, and the dufus is a master distracter with his sycophants more than willing to circle the wagons to protect your savior as the election looms large. I get the politics, seen many election year politiking and pandering and the dufus always panders to his base with plenty of red meat to chew on and you guys are fat and happy and clamoring for more. I get that Tom.

The "CIVIL" war continues, but fact is, the cameras are not on you guys for the moment, and some of us are watching what you're doing off camera. Repubs pontifying is not evidence of anything but conservatives talking points for media consumption.

Nice spin.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2020, 11:30 AM
    Democrats did it, so it has to be OK. This is the logic of the 3 Amigos.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2020, 11:56 AM
    Boy did you conservatives howl when we did it! Now that you're doing it, don't the dems get to howl?
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2020, 12:00 PM
    Now that you're doing it, don't the dems get to howl?
    I guess so. That one did make me laugh. Good one!
    Expert

Jun 9, 2020, 11:30 AM
    Just trying to stay positive in a wacky world, with wacky people.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2020, 12:18 PM
    I get it, my friend. Sometimes laughing beats crying.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2020, 04:51 PM
    A positive mind can keep one balanced to deal with the lunacy of life, and keep hope alive throw the trials and tribulations.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2020, 01:23 PM
    we need baseball
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2020, 03:28 PM
    Yep. A return to something approaching normalcy.
    Expert

Jun 11, 2020, 06:31 AM
    What is normal amid a pandemic? Being safe and guarding heath would seem the NORMAL response and priority.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2020, 06:45 AM
    You have joined to minority there Tal, CV19 is a myth, haven't you heard?
    Expert

Jun 11, 2020, 07:54 AM
    Yeah I heard, but I'm keeping my mask, popcorn, and Netflix just in case they're wrong.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2020, 04:53 AM
    Judiciary Committee approves Grahams list of 53 to issue subpoenas to including John Brennan, James Clapper, James Comey, Loretta Lynch, Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page, John Podesta, Susan Rice, Rod Rosenstein, Peter Strzok, and Sally Yates Bill Priestap, Bruce Ohr(round up the ususal suspects )Last week the Senate Homeland Security Committee gave their chair Sen. Ron Johnson similar authority .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2020, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yeah I heard, but I'm keeping my mask, popcorn, and Netflix just in case they're wrong.
    Nah, I've given Netflix the boot, popcorn and Netflix as responsible for an increase in my wasteline

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

British TV ad for something like summer radio music/summer festivals [ 0 Answers ]

Anyone remember a British TV ad for something like summer radio music/summer festivals where an overweight guy dances himself thin? I really want to know what the track was that was playing. Was it Sophie Ellis Bextor ('Why does it feel so good')? Somehow that doesn't seem quite right...

Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer. [ 3 Answers ]

When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.

Court hearings [ 1 Answers ]

Am I allowed to go to my boyfriends court hearing while he is incarcerated? I live in Pennsylvania and the court is in beaver county. I was also wondering can he live in a different county if that's his only place to live while he's on probation somewhere else?

Probation Hearings [ 1 Answers ]

So my boyfriend violated his probation and has been in jail since the day after the violation. His hearing is on Wednesday. But here is the thing a guy he was in jail with had a hearing and had paper work and it said that the paper work was supposed to be provided 5 business days before the...

Bias in custody hearings [ 3 Answers ]

Judy you said: I don't find the Courts to be biased against Defendants nor do I find the Courts to be biased against men. As far as this is "natural" because there are more deadbeat Dads I fail to see how this factors into your thinking. More deadbeat Dads = more male Defendants = bias. Not my...

View more questions Search