Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2020, 05:21 PM
    I try to be a fair man. People can surprise you though.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2020, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It was Gov. Tim Walz who I first heard floating the absurd notion that it was White Supremacists that were doing the rioting .Then Twitter went atwitter and ran with it .
    Tom, here's the proof that a white supremacist group created the false antifa message.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...a9366b4e3.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter...cists-removal/

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/02/twi...res-its-tweet/

https://www.technewsworld.com/story/86692.html?rss=1
    Expert

Jun 4, 2020, 05:23 AM
    It's okay for 2nd amendment folks to exercise their right to bear arms at state capitals, but we need the army to squelch citizens exercising their first amendment rights?

Maybe the message is some people have more rights than others.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 05:28 AM
    There is a first amendment right to burn, loot, and riot? Wow. I didn't know that.
    Expert

Jun 4, 2020, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There is a first amendment right to burn, loot, and riot? Wow. I didn't know that.
    Don't be silly! Nobody is condoning that, so you focus on the bad acts and not the protest or what they are protesting about? You blaming the peaceful protesters for criminal acts? Sure sounds like it.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 07:16 AM
    This is your comment I was referring to. "...but we need the army to squelch citizens exercising their first amendment rights?" No one has suggested using the military to scatter peaceful protesters. It is the rioters who would be the target.

Expert

Jun 4, 2020, 07:40 AM
    I don't trust the dufus when he employs riot tactics on peaceful protestors for a photo ops and his uniformed troops with NO insignias reminds me of VLAD invading Ukraine with soldiers with NO insignias. That military helicopter hovering low over DC peaceful protesters doesn't help me trust him either.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 07:44 AM
    tal ,if the demonstrators can't control the 10% or whatever they are who riot loot and attack innocent demonstrators ,store owners ,truckers who happen to be in the area ,and law enforcement trying to maintain order ......and if the local police cannot or are not permitted to maintain control (4 NYC police were seriously injured in attacks last night) ....... AND if blue state Governors will not mobilize the State National Guard . Then who exactly is supposed to control the violence ? All these rights of protest and speech assembly do not matter much if you are not in a civil society . It is absolutely the responsibility of our leadership to maintain civil order .
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 07:49 AM
    It would become immediately serious if Tal's home or business was being looted and burned. What has been done to these communities has been a national disgrace that we sit by idly and allow it to happen.

Wonderful statement. "All these rights of protest and speech assembly do not matter much if you are not in a civil society . It is absolutely the responsibility of our leadership to maintain civil order." I think the pertinent phrase is, "to ensure domestic tranquility."
    Expert

Jun 4, 2020, 08:19 AM
    I realize it's especially tough when criminals pose as citizens, and hide among them. Hard to separate the good guys from the bad guys for sure, which makes the example of the dufus Monday even more despicable.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 09:45 AM
    How about the do-nothing democrat mayors and governors who have stood by and basically done nothing? What does it make them?

And when you consider the truth of your statement ( it's especially tough when criminals pose as citizens, and hide among them. Hard to separate the good guys from the bad guys for sure), then what other choice did the pres have but to clear out the park? When he went to the bunker he got criticized, and when he (unlike the dems mentioned above) actually went out and showed how to restore order, he gets criticized. Honestly, his biggest problem amongst libs is the fact that he is not named Obama.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 10:28 AM
    Honestly, his biggest problem amongst libs is the fact that he is not named Obama.
    Honestly, your problem is you cannot watch an event that's been played on tv all over the world and commented on everywhere and yet you still are totally unable to understand what is going on.

I am truly sorry for you. Honestly.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 10:30 AM
    Thank goodness!! When you feel sorry for me, then I know I'm going in the right direction. It's a badge of honor.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 10:32 AM
    Thank goodness!! When you feel sorry for me, then I know I'm going in the right direction. It's a badge of honor.
    Make of it what you can. Your neediness demands it.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 10:38 AM
    I wear it with great honor.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 10:50 AM
    I wear it with great honor.
    Well, good you have at least ONE badge of honor.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:11 AM
    Even if it was my only one, it would be the best. Incredibly good!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:12 AM
    Even if it was my only one, it would be the best. Incredibly good!!
    It IS your only one!
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:15 AM
    How would you know? And once again, you claim to know something you have no earthly way of knowing. What is it with you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:18 AM
    How would you know?
    I can tell from how you reveal yourself on these pages. It's pretty obvious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Trump gonna HIRE lackeys, or Patriots?? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Trump CAN'T do certain things he said he WOULD do, like worse than waterboarding, and killing the family's of terrorists. My question is, will he HIRE people who will TELL him that, or will he HIRE people who will DO his bidding?? excon

Patriots Vs. Chargers [ 4 Answers ]

What are your guys thoughs on sundays game, Pats and Chargers, who do you think will come out on top?

21 and 91 on the patriots helmets [ 2 Answers ]

What do the numbers 21 and 91 mean on the Patriots helmets?

Assessing the Packers and Patriots [ 2 Answers ]

Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the...

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

View more questions Search