Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:20 AM
    And you seem to even have mystic powers. Wow. You can tell about a person from how they "reveal" themselves in print.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And you seem to even have mystic powers. Wow. You can tell about a person from how they "reveal" themselves in print.
    Yes. It's not that uncommon. It's done all the time.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:26 AM
    Not by you it's not. You are flatly wrong.

Are you going to man up and take a job in an inner city school? You never got around to replying to that one. If you did that for even five minutes, then you would at least have five minutes to compare to my seventeen years.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:29 AM
    Not by you it's not. You are flatly wrong.
    I am flatly or not flatly CORRECT!

Are you going to man up and take a job in an inner city school? You never got around to replying to that one. If you did that for even five minutes, then you would at least have five minutes to compare to my seventeen years.
    You've already lost on that issue. I hope you're not going back to all your losses.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:31 AM
    I am flatly or not flatly CORRECT!
    Calm down. You're making me laugh.

Lost on that issue that you have studied from the couch in your living room? Yeah. Sure. Go back to your little place of comfort. Leave the tough jobs to those of us who have actually done it. You know, we used to laugh at guys like you. Experts in your own minds who never had the courage to come in where we worked and try it out, but who wanted to act like scholars from the comfort of their living rooms.

Be a man, Athos. Go try it out, even for a month.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 11:35 AM
    Lost on that issue that you have studied from the couch in your living room? Yeah. Sure. Go back to your little place of comfort. Leave the tough jobs to those of us who have actually done it. You know, we used to laugh at guys like you. Experts in your own minds who never had the courage to come in where we worked and try it out, but who wanted to act like scholars from the comfort of their living rooms.
    Wow, I'm getting to you even more than I thought. When you act out like that, I know your frustration is getting the better of you.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 12:30 PM
    , I'm getting to you even more than I thought.
    You copied me again!! Have you no shame?

I know you won't do it. Don't feel too badly about it. Recruiting teachers for inner city schools is a tough proposition. All the do-good liberals are too busy doing whatever it is they do to actually get up and lend a hand. They tend to leave that to others.

If you want to do some reading to help you understand inner city schools, I would recommend:

The Learning Gap by Stevenson and Stigler. It compares specific American schools to selected schools from high performing nations. It is excellent.

Meaningful Differences by Hart and Risley. A great book which looks at the cultural aspects of student achievement. They are not just meaningful; they are stunning.

No Excuses by Thernstrom and Thernstrom. A great book which examines NAEP data in depth. Great, great book.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2020, 01:10 PM
    They do all types of crowd control when POTUS is on the move . He comes into NYC all the time and roads are blocked and air traffic diverted . The crowd was told to disperse and didn't ........... boolah boolah they were evicted . Next time maybe they will follow the instructions of officers of the law . Here in NYC last night the cops got fed up with being shot at ,run over ,hit in the head with hammers ,getting bricks thrown at them ,and stabbed .So when the time came ,they went in with batons swinging . Maybe a stitched up looter will think twice .
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2020, 01:10 PM
    We can only hope that is so.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 4, 2020, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    They do all types of crowd control when POTUS is on the move . He comes into NYC all the time and roads are blocked and air traffic diverted . The crowd was told to disperse and didn't ........... boolah boolah they were evicted . Next time maybe they will follow the instructions of officers of the law . Here in NYC last night the cops got fed up with being shot at ,run over ,hit in the head with hammers ,getting bricks thrown at them ,and stabbed .So when the time came ,they went in with batons swinging . Maybe a stitched up looter will think twice .
    There was no warning of the dufus photo op, his own people didn't know and while a stitched up looter is no big deal, that's not the only beatings NYC cops were handing out was it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Trump gonna HIRE lackeys, or Patriots?? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Trump CAN'T do certain things he said he WOULD do, like worse than waterboarding, and killing the family's of terrorists. My question is, will he HIRE people who will TELL him that, or will he HIRE people who will DO his bidding?? excon

Patriots Vs. Chargers [ 4 Answers ]

What are your guys thoughs on sundays game, Pats and Chargers, who do you think will come out on top?

21 and 91 on the patriots helmets [ 2 Answers ]

What do the numbers 21 and 91 mean on the Patriots helmets?

Assessing the Packers and Patriots [ 2 Answers ]

Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the...

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

View more questions Search