Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So when the teens take over, that's good? Hmmm.
    Guess they can be creative and ruthless, mine were, and smart and maybe they don't like the dufus.

The NJ case makes it clear that it is not rare and shows how mail in voting (which was the topic) is ripe for fraud. Court cases so far have upheld voter ID.
    4 corrupt officials conspiring isn't widespread. One instance in one state out of how many voters? You do the math. They have also struck it down when it's shown to disenfranchise groups of people, most recently right here in Texas.

How about this interactive map and report. Personally I can deal with an ID, but recognize the challenges for others. Some of the requirements are hard or impossible to meet.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-study/517218/

By instituting strict voter ID laws, states can alter the electorate and shift outcomes toward those on the right. Where these laws are enacted, the influence of Democrats and liberals wanes and the power of Republicans grows. Unsurprisingly, these strict ID laws are passed almost exclusively by Republican legislatures.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 05:32 PM
    4 corrupt officials conspiring isn't widespread. One instance in one state out of how many voters? You do the math. They have also struck it down when it's shown to disenfranchise groups of people, most recently right here in Texas.
    4 people but thousands of votes, and people testifying that they never received their ballots.

As for you link, despite its description of "state lawmakers nationwide started introducing hundreds of harsh measures making it harder to vote," of the five or six states I looked at, it was pretty much photo voter ID which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I am open to instances of genuine voter suppression, but I don't know of very many.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 05:43 PM
    I am open to instances of genuine voter suppression, but I don't know of very many.
    How about the primary in New York? In Kentucky? In Wisconsin? Oh, yes -- don't want to forget mentioning Georgia!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How about the primary in New York? In Kentucky? In Wisconsin? Oh, yes -- don't want to forget mentioning Georgia!
    Yes these people were given the vote but should not be allowed to exercise it, afterall look who they elected
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes these people were given the vote but should not be allowed to exercise it, afterall look who they elected
    We don't know who they voted for. It was a primary. No one was "elected."
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We don't know who they voted for. It was a primary. No one was "elected."
    In a primary you vote for someone and all the candidates were either defeated or undesirable so as I said, and we remember what they did last time
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    In a primary you vote for someone and all the candidates were either defeated or undesirable so as I said, and we remember what they did last time
    What did they do last time?
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 07:43 PM
    You might want to get a little specific. Just throwing out the names of states doesn't accomplish much.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 07:48 PM
    You might want to get a little specific. Just throwing out the names of states doesn't accomplish much.
    Google, please. To help you for the first one, good keywords are "Georgia primary voting problems" (without quote marks).
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 07:54 PM
    If you don't know any specifics, then how do you know that anything happened? And if you don't know, then why list the states? And if you know so much about searches, then why don't you know the specifics?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 07:59 PM
    If you don't know any specifics, then how do you know that anything happened? And if you don't know, then why list the states? And if you know so much about searches, then why don't you know the specifics?
    Why are you being so helpless?
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 08:53 PM
    You have no answers but you think I'm helpless???

At any rate, go to church tomorrow. I get to go in the morning and join with other Christians in praising our faithful God. Some of them are men struggling with addiction. All kinds of problems are represented there, but we have our faith in Christ. It's a wonderful privilege. I'm forever grateful to have it.
    Expert

Jun 28, 2020, 08:37 AM
    Wear a mask and keep your proper distance.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 08:04 PM
    Yes he looks better that way
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2020, 04:12 AM
    "Chicago's weekend shootings kill at least 13, including 1-year-old boy, 10-year-old girl, reports say."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicagos-...-year-old-girl
    Expert

Jun 29, 2020, 04:22 AM
    That's life in the big city, find one that doesn't have crime.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2020, 04:37 AM
    My gosh. What a casual answer. If only they had been killed by cops. Then we could get some people really concerned.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2020, 06:49 AM
    My gosh. What a casual answer. If only they had been killed by cops. Then we could get some people really concerned.
    yes that's what it takes, apparently, they weren't black
    Expert

Jun 29, 2020, 07:01 AM
    You haven't shown any concern since the civil war was over and less before it started so please spare me your fake concern NOW!
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2020, 07:14 AM
    I'd be happy to see any kind of concern at all from you. There is nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search