Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The others are not happy with the long history of suppression, oppression, exploitation, abuses and atrocities. The other side of that fence can no longer ignore and dismiss those complaints as they always have, because that just makes the complaining louder. You said it best here,

Very insightful, and a culmination of many things kept buried and hidden for a long time.
    Yeh I get it right now and again, but there are two sides to every story and as I said it depends on which side of the fence you sit
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yeh I get it right now and again, but there are two sides to every story and as I said it depends on which side of the fence you sit
    True, every story has two sides. In this case, one is right and one is wrong.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2020, 07:44 AM
    I sit on the side of the fence that says put up, or shut up, if the founding documents are to be lived up to. So far they have NOT.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I sit on the side of the fence that says put up, or shut up, if the founding documents are to be lived up to. So far they have NOT.
    The founding documents institutionalised injustice, obviously those who wrote them were in two minds, there was a master race and there were lesser persons, slaves. The high sounding words didn't apply to them. You can't blame today's humans for being confused
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The founding documents institutionalised injustice, obviously those who wrote them were in two minds, there was a master race and there were lesser persons, slaves. The high sounding words didn't apply to them. You can't blame today's humans for being confused
    I can't argue with that. What's been done can't be undone.

Like tal says, it's time to live up to all those high-sounding words. Nothing wrong with the words, it's the livin'-up-to that needs work.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2020, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    I can't argue with that. What's been done can't be undone.

Like tal says, it's time to live up to all those high-sounding words. Nothing wrong with the words, it's the livin'-up-to that needs work.
    always did
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2020, 09:08 AM
    We have made some progress, and it hasn't been smooth, or pretty, but for all the chaos and noise there is some hope that nobody has quite making those baby steps. Quite the opposite as just the conversation is a good sign, and if the historically racist state of Mississippi can make a small change as changing it's state flag, then at least we are leaning in the right direction...for now.

I'll take it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search