Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2020, 07:11 PM
    Trump is a well know idiot, i don't know why we focus on this antics, bored i guess
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 03:13 AM
    After blasting governors for being weak, the dufus broke up peaceful protesters for a photo op with a bible in front of a church across from the WH. The church bishop was outraged.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ep...cid=spartanntp
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 04:17 AM
    Were those the "peaceful protesters" who tried to burn said church?
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 05:02 AM
    Why would you assume they were? Can't separate peaceful protests from criminal actions?
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 07:12 AM
    The people trying to burn the church were hardly peaceful. I can't blame the pres for clearing out the protesters after the events of the past few days. You never know who might be in a crowd like that, even though most of them were no doubt there for peaceful purposes. I thought it was a nice gesture to support the church. As even your article points out, many religious leaders were supportive.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 08:12 AM
    Especially when the idiot in the White House encourages rioting by threatening the country with an armed military.
    Riots and looting in New Orleans were quickly controlled when the military rolled into town . Same during the Rodney King riots . The President has to authority under the Insurrection Act to deploy Federal troops when local authorities are unwilling or able to control the mob. I'm guessing you don't have an issue with LBJ deploying the Alabama National Guard in 1965 against George Wallace's refusal to deploy them ;or when Ike deployed troops to Little Rock Ark .to enforce the Brown v Board of Education decision.

This is how I see it . 1968 the country was reeling from riots and assassinations . LBJ decided to bow out of the presidential race and the Dems decided to go with the establishment curmudgeon ... Humphrey ;who's fiery liberal spirit had been pretty much dashed by LBJ's record on defending civil society and law and order . He lost to the law and order candidate .

Yesterday Trump made himself the law and order candidate that the majority will vote for . Because the majority went into this united behind the idea that the murder of George Floyd was not being handled properly by the liberal government in Milwaukee . The nihilist Antifa sparked violent riots where there were peaceful protests . Local leadership in major blue cities have proven to be unwilling or unable to control this unruly agitating mob . It is a bunch of privileged white pajama boys who are living in their mamma's basement ;collecting their unemployment checks ;whining that they are expected to pay the loans they took out to get an advanced degree in community organizing who are the problem . You should be happy to see them get their heads busted open . But no ;Sandinista Bill calls out the police dept he runs because a cop pulled a gun on someone who had just thrown a brick at him.
    It is very simple . the il duce's and Di Blasio's of this country have got to grow a spine . I mean seriously ; Sandinista Bill emptied out Rykers Island of convicts . He must have 10,000 empty cells to house the rioters he should be arresting . If they don't do it they will force Trump's hand . He served them notice yesterday .

You missed the point . The curfew came .... there was still a crowd ... they were dispersed with tear gas . And Trump walked through Lafayette Park to the church to demonstrate that the mob did not rule the streets .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You missed the point . The curfew came .... there was still a crowd ... they were dispersed with tear gas . And Trump walked through Lafayette Park to the church to demonstrate that the mob did not rule the streets .
    The curfew had NOT come! The peaceful crowd was brutally dispersed with tear gas and mounted police and other weapons.

Trump ordered the dispersal because of a PHOTO OP!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 09:34 AM
    you are playing semantics... the crowd was told to disperse by law enforcement.. they chose to ignore it ...law enforcement dispersed them . What was there 15 minutes left ? The crowd being in Lafayette park when they were there already sent a message they were not going to comply . They expected the DC authorities to be as fecklessly spineless as they had been the night before . But a new sheriff is in town . Notice served .
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    The curfew had NOT come! The peaceful crowd was brutally dispersed with tear gas and mounted police and other weapons.

Trump ordered the dispersal because of a PHOTO OP!!
    I'll go with this account of events because I watched it. The civil war continues, right vs might.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 02:01 PM
    Yesterday in NYC ,Macys was sacked by the mob . Interesting how they left the Nike store alone .
    Today I am hearing that a truck with bricks was prepositioned on Hamilton Ave. for the peaceful protest . Sandinista Bill chastised a cop who pulled a gun on a "peaceful protester " who had thrown a brick at him . Even il duce is fed up with Di Blasio's lame performance. I may be wrong . But I doubt there will be much of that in the nation's Capital tonight .

Btw ; Sandinista Bill's daughter Chiara was arrested Saturday when she refuse to move while she blocked traffic at an area where NYC police vans were being fire bombed . In a demonstration of equal justice ,she was given a desk appearance ticket and sent home to Gracie Mansion.
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 02:26 PM
    In a demonstration of equal justice ,she was given a desk appearance ticket and sent home to Gracie Mansion.
    I'm sure that will bring down the ire of the "equal justice" crowd on this site.
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 02:46 PM
    You don't believe in equal justice?
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 02:55 PM
    I actually do believe in it. That's why I'm more concerned about the 150 black Americans murdered every week than I am about the one black American killed by a cop. Both are terrible situations, but equal justice should apply to everyone. That's why the mayor's daughter should have been treated like everyone else.
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I actually do believe in it. That's why I'm more concerned about the 150 black Americans murdered every week than I am about the one black American killed by a cop. Both are terrible situations, but equal justice should apply to everyone. That's why the mayor's daughter should have been treated like everyone else.
    If you have been listening to the protesters or black people in general, then you would know we have been protesting for decades about police brutality, unequal justice, housing discrimination, institutional racism and a host of things, but this latest killing by cops is not just one incident, but the last in a string of many, with nothing being done about it. So be concerned about the weekly death toll, but also be aware of what THIS protest is about. I doubt if the mayors daughter was the only one given an appearance ticket and sent home, but for now I'm picking my battles and refuse to be side tracked by other issues.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 04:18 PM
    I believe in equal justice . I want justice for Italia Kelly who was gunned down by peaceful protesters . I want justice or Dave Patrick Underwood ;the Federal Protective Service officer who died Friday night after suffering from a gunshot wound in Oakland amid protests. Quid pro Joe will be doing a photo op attending George Floyd's funeral . Will he also attend the hero Underwood's ?
    Expert

Jun 2, 2020, 04:30 PM
    Would we be here at all if cops hadn't murdered Floyd in broad daylight caught on tape? Or the woman in Ky, or the jogger in Atlanta (Ex cop who should have known better) that was swept under a rug for months? I don't think so.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I believe in equal justice .
    We all do. But I think you're missing the greater point. I don't think you're a racist, tom, unlike Judas who lacks only the white sheet and pointed hat.
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 06:26 PM
    If you have been listening to the protesters or black people in general, then you would know we have been protesting for decades about police brutality, unequal justice, housing discrimination, institutional racism and a host of things,
    I can certainly accept the validity of your list of protests, but notably absent from your list is the 1,000 or so innocent black people killed by another black person for every one unjustly killed by a policeman, or the tens of thousands of black children killed in abortion, or the counter-productive practice of out of wedlock births, or the injustice of trapping black children in terrible schools, or the rampant epidemic of criminal activity amongst young black men, or the disintegration of the black family structure. And the great news is that the black community could fix those problems all by themselves. No racist white group could stop them, and the progress would be enormous. But no, it's too easy to talk about the extremely isolated cases of police brutality since that requires no change amongst those doing the talking.
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2020, 06:32 PM
    Or the woman in Ky, or the jogger in Atlanta...that was swept under a rug for months?
    If they had merely been killed by a non-white, you can be sure that no one would ever have known about it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2020, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    ...but notably absent from your list is the ... etc., etc., etc.
    Notably absent from your list is the destruction of an entire group of people by 400 years of horrific treatment, including 200 years of the worst abject slavery in history, followed by a century of lynchings and Jim Crow, to the present day of systemic institutional discrimination. These things are not important enough for you to mention.

Your comment on abortion is even stranger. You weep for an aborted fetus who, if it had survived, you accept it spending an eternity in torturous punishment in an eternal hell. It would have been far better for that fetus to be aborted than to be born - according to your own belief.

And the great news is that the black community could fix those problems all by themselves.
    Even in the face of your stated prejudice against the group?

No racist white group could stop them,
    Except for the racist group that's been successfully doing so for 4 centuries.

But no, it's too easy to talk about the extremely isolated cases of police brutality.
    "Extremely isolated cases of police brutality"? Are you serious? Your ignorance is glaring. Spend time in any black ghetto in this country and then come back and tell us how extremely isolated bad treatment, including brutality, is in black neighborhoods.

Why don't you accept the testimony of ordinary African-Americans who are quick to comment how police act in their neighborhoods? - I think we know why you don't.

For the record - Blaming the black community 100% for their difficulties is absurd. Equally to blame are the historic forces that have been lined up against them for centuries, and ongoing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search