Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2020, 09:29 PM
    Trump Self-Medicating on Hydroxychloroquine
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 02:36 AM
    Believing what the dufus says is unwise without verification in the first place, and as far as self medicating, without a doctors script and care would be crazy on his part, but I have no doubt he could get a script easily, and he is surrounded by people dedicated toward doing what he says right, or wrong. Really disappointed with some of the data Dr. Birx presented Friday in regard to the charts and graphs, some BOGUS, but she was quite clear and emphatic about the uselessness of the dope the dufus is hocking, and the dangers it represents if abused.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 04:04 AM
    The study in Lancet is flawed and it is a study and not a clinical trial .
    First ;no zinc was used . The treatment regimen is Hydroxychloroquine , azithromycin, AND zinc.
    Second; it's an anti-viral. It must be given early before the damage is done. Once the damage is done and you already have severe damage from the virus ,the Hydroxychloroquine treatment is less effective . Give it early, not as a last resort. I'm betting that the patients ;just like the VA study were already in serious condition in the ICU . I'm willing to bet that most of those with adverse reactions had other underlying conditions (comorbidities )

Trump's use as a preventive makes sense ;and I'm sure he was under his doctor's supervised care for what that is worth . BTW ,the VA administers about 42,000 doses of HCQ a day . It is regularly administered for lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis patients for years at a time ;as well as an anti-malarial . All those patients being poisoned .Imagine that ! .
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 08:29 AM

Expert

May 23, 2020, 08:38 AM

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2020, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Trump's use as a preventive makes sense ;and I'm sure he was under his doctor's supervised care for what that is worth . BTW ,the VA administers about 42,000 doses of HCQ a day . It is regularly administered for lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis patients for years at a time ;as well as an anti-malarial . All those patients being poisoned .Imagine that ! .
    HCQ is a recognized treatment for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Those patients aren't being poisoned. HCQ isn't a preventive med for Covid-19. In fact, there was a report earlier this week that a lupus patient who had been taking HCQ for ten years or so became ill with Covid-19. Oh, and Trump's personal physician refused to prescribe HCQ. Trump had to lean on a WH doctor to get it (and is HCQ what was REALLY prescribed???).
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 10:05 AM
    It's the lefts politics that is poisoning clinical research on the use for C-19 . It has been used for decades . If it was such a threat it would've been off the market a long time ago. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...00#post3853200
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 11:02 AM
    Nobody disputes the many uses of hydroxy, just not against covids. How hard is that to understand?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2020, 11:52 AM
    It's the lefts politics that is poisoning clinical research on the use for C-19 . It has been used for decades . If it was such a threat it would've been off the market a long time ago. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...00#post3853200
    Please ask your doctor to prescribe it for you for a month, take it as prescribed, and let us know at the end of the month how you're doing.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 02:02 PM
    as I mentioned before ,unless absolutely necessary I take no drugs . What I did do was once I was tested positive I went on a self managed regimen of high dose vitamin C ,D ,50 mg zinc sulfate ,And an extract of cinchona officinalis which is the bark that quinine is derived from .Yes I understand that there is a difference in the chemical composition between the bark extract and the synthetic derivative that we are talking about . But I will try the natural remedy every day before a human derived compound as a 1st resort . No science behind it . I think it did help reduce the amt of time I was downed by the virus .

The left cracks me up. It's all my body my choice when it comes to whacking a baby . I guess than doesn't apply when politics gets in the way of scientific research .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 23, 2020, 02:19 PM
    It's all my body my choice when it comes to whacking a baby . I guess than doesn't apply when politics gets in the way of scientific research .
    So true. It all comes down to, "what we want".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2020, 02:33 PM
    The left cracks me up. It's all my body my choice when it comes to whacking a baby . I guess than doesn't apply when politics gets in the way of scientific research .
    Trump says it's his body, his choice when taking the hydroxy stuff. Too bad men can't get pregnant. Oh, would we hear the wails and see the lines form at PP!
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 02:53 PM
    It's not politics getting in the way at all Tomder, the research is being done, but so far nothing has emerged as the real deal, but feel free to dope yourself anyway you want. People have always found a doctor for a script to whatever and they still can. Legality or ethics aside.

What cracks me up about the right is whatever the dufus says has you googoolala.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2020, 03:08 PM
    Trump says it's his body, his choice when taking the hydroxy stuff. Too bad men can't get pregnant. Oh, would we hear the wails and see the lines form at PP!
    Too bad that so many women no longer value the life that develops within them, a life that is altogether apart from their own body. Now it's just a bothersome little thing to be gotten rid of and thrown into the trash.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2020, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Too bad that so many women no longer value the life that develops within them, a life that is altogether apart from their own body. Now it's just a bothersome little thing to be gotten rid of and thrown into the trash.
    Get pregnant, preferably by a rapist or your uncle or an abusive spouse. Tell me all about it, how you hate that misbegotten mass of cells growing inside you. Oh, that's right. You can't get pregnant. Your part is finished in less than five minutes, you smile, then walk away.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 03:46 PM
    As someone once said, "If the Pope were a woman, abortion would have been routinely accepted beginning two thousand years ago".

Truer words were never spoken.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 04:14 PM
    Sweep 'em under the rug and let me play through
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 05:07 PM
    As opposed to being bothersome big things of little value to be cast aside when inconvenient?
    Uber Member

May 23, 2020, 06:01 PM
    Get pregnant, preferably by a rapist or your uncle or an abusive spouse. Tell me all about it, how you hate that misbegotten mass of cells growing inside you. Oh, that's right. You can't get pregnant. Your part is finished in less than five minutes, you smile, then walk away.
    Have you always lived in this fantasy world?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2020, 06:04 PM
    Have you always lived in this fantasy world?
    You certainly live in one!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The harm trump is doing [ 302 Answers ]

got to be some vested interests at play here, Trump is going to place a tariff on French wine because the French dare to tax US tech giants who don't play the tax game well, we all have had enough of multi-nationals, most of them US who hide their income in tax havens. I have news for Trump it...

Trump and His Swamp [ 22 Answers ]

I guess we missed his meaning - we thought he meant to drain the EXISTING swamp when it turns out the swamp is entirely one of HIS making. His cabinet secretary Acosta is the 9th cabinet official to leave the Trump administration. There are only 15 cabinet positions. For context: During the...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search