Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2020, 02:52 PM
    Would it be OK with you for a crowd of 200 to gather in your front yard, or gather in your living room? Don't you think there should be some kinds of controls?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 03:20 PM
    Who wrote those rules that says they can't? Maybe those rules need changing too.
    umm blue cities have been run by dictatorial control by the Democrats mostly for years . We in NY had a time when Rudy ,and later Bloomy until he went all nanny ,when we had a slight relief . So your question should be self evident .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2020, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Would it be OK with you for a crowd of 200 to gather in your front yard, or gather in your living room? Don't you think there should be some kinds of controls?
    Clarify the why for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    umm blue cities have been run by dictatorial control by the Democrats mostly for years . We in NY had a time when Rudy ,and later Bloomy until he went all nanny ,when we had a slight relief . So your question should be self evident .
    You may not talk about race Tom, but you got that red/blue stuff down pat. Of course I'm having a broader conversation than just one city, your city, I mean you can holler blue tyranny but I cannot, unless your saying the protests are just in blue cities.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...you-get-riots/
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2020, 05:28 PM
    The why? Well, you made this statement. "Next you're going to tell me that Americans can't dominate the streets their taxes pay for. Who wrote those rules that says they can't? Maybe those rules need changing too." Sounds like you don't think there should be any rules for people to follow. I think if they gathered in your front yard, you'd be hollering about the rules.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2020, 07:57 PM
    When Rudy became mayor he brought with him a policy called ' broken windows ' .It was a policy that called for the enforcement of even the smallest of the laws that dealt with quality of life .It meant that if a building had a broken window it was fixed or boarded up and made to look like a window . It was pure aesthetics. It brought with it a sense that there was order . It brought a renaissance to the city . With order came businesses that wanted to invest in the city . He was panned as a racist for that .

Fast forward to today. Now it appears there is a new broken window policy . Break enough windows ;demonstrate disorder torch and loot and destroy and some righteous anger gets sated .Eventually the rioters will get bored and go back to momma's basement ,or their on line basket weaving degree just like they did with Occupy Wall Street . But what they leave behind in some cases is irreparable . They are not just destroying property . They are destroying the order required to live in an urban environment .

The people of these cities were just granted a reprieve by their elected leaders to wade their toes into a bit of normalcy . Take a walk in the park ;go to the beach , OPEN THAT BUSINESS WE FORCED YOU TO CLOSE . Then what happens ? The hun marauds . Now they are forced back into their homes . Their parks are occupied their businesses sacked .Non criminals are afraid to go into the cities . Those who can leave do so ;just like what happened the last time there was a waive of riots in the late 60s .

Businesses that were going to have a hell of a time rebounding now have to consider the added expense of replacing merchandize and windows if they are lucky .Some may have to relocate if they choose to reopen at all because their business was burned to the ground .As police pull back from active policing the criminals become emboldened ESPECIALLY in the minority neighborhoods . So who is this rioting serving ?

I'm sure you may find an example where this is happening in a city run by conservatives . But you won't find many . It is in the blue cities where police are considered the big problem instead of the bad cop the exception. As mentioned ,in some extreme cases city councils are considering defunding the police force. All Out Crazy certainly believes that . For the rest they offer platitude condemnations of the violence but in their hearts believe the rioting is justified.

What they should be doing is recognizing that the rioting does not help their cause .The murder of George Floyd forces us to examine policing in this country and peaceful protesting is justified . But as the violence continues Americans of good will will rally behind the police (in NYC the injured cops #s are over 100 ,and I'm sure other cities have similar) and safe streets agendas will overtake reform agendas . If Dem leaders of cities do not take back control of their cities from the marauders then they will be complicit in the destruction.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2020, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The why? Well, you made this statement. "Next you're going to tell me that Americans can't dominate the streets their taxes pay for. Who wrote those rules that says they can't? Maybe those rules need changing too." Sounds like you don't think there should be any rules for people to follow. I think if they gathered in your front yard, you'd be hollering about the rules.
    The why is why would they be in my front yard? Sure I believe in rules. FAIR ONES.

@Tom

Stop and frisk was racist, and looters and arsonist and vandals are criminals. Protestors are peaceful and lawful. Let's learn the differences and deal accordingly.

Rudy is a nut, a shell of his former self.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 02:22 AM
    I did not mention stop and frisk .It can arguably be said that it became racist in the Bloomberg era .He said in 2015 'throw em against a wall and frisk em' . The intent of the policy in NY was protecting African Americans, who were disproportionately the victims of crime.

The policy itself goes back to a SCOTUS decision in 1968 (the liberal Warren Court ) ; 'Terry v Ohio. '. The court gave police the power to stop and frisk a person if the officer has a reasonable suspicion the person is involved in criminalized activity or is armed and dangerous . Reasonable suspicion cannot be triggered by the race of an individual without more. Stop and frisk actually serves important ends by keeping neighborhoods safe .It is in fact still used in EVERY state in the nation and the federal government .

Bloomy allowed arbitrary use of it and he and the NYC police were smacked down by Judge Shira Scheindlin('Floyd v City of NY' ). But Bloomy's application of the law was the exception the judge made it clear the law itself is constitutional. Rudy introduced it when NYC had one of the highest murder rates in the nation . Stop and Frisk's aimed to reduce violence by arresting those illegally carrying guns and deterring would be criminals from carrying them in the first place. AND IT WORKED .

Like it or not ,the riots ,arson vandalism ,assaults on police and innocent civilians are a part of the protest .If you want to differentiate then you need to do more than blame the policing . If it is not up to the leaders of the demonstrations to stop it then it is up to the police . If the police can't stop it then it is up to governors to mobilize the guard . If they refuse or the guard can't do it then it is up to the Federal Government which has a mandate in the Constitution to insure domestic tranquility .

Expert

Jun 7, 2020, 03:43 AM
    1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Bloomie will forever be stained by his policy.

2. Roust up every black and latino you see and check them for criminality. Racial profiling, and yes it's always been a police policy along with speed traps and the like. Revenue raisers for sure, in the short term but blacks and latinos feeling safer? Maybe white people do with an active police force seeking criminals of color, but we don't. We see the long term effects of such policies.

3. Very dubious if the S&F worked since crime went down across the board nationwide, and like I said the long term effect of racial profiling is a deep seated resentment by minorities we see today. Add videos, we have protests and riots.

4. That's the point, we don't like it, since it's really easy to lump the citizen exercising his 1st amendment rights treated as the criminals. That's what S&F and racial profiling has gotten us. Just another door in the school to jail pipeline for the actions of the few. A huge few since about the only area of agreement we have is protesters actually do present the opportunity such criminals love, but taking away legit rights is not the way to combat such crimes.

However I won't even pretend to have a clue to solving the huge issues of the big city Tom, and can only echo the obvious criticisms that sure feeds the notions of racism so easily ignored and swept under the rug no matter how many lumps and bullet holes and wrongful deaths that occur. It was a super complex problem in my home city and can imagine more so in BIGTown.

I'll ask you the same question I asked JL, why is THIS protest so diverse, and widespread?
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 05:08 AM
    why is THIS protest so diverse, and widespread?
    woke the constant pounding on the youth that they should remorse their 'white guilt ' .

https://twitter.com/PreetRang/status...726581765?s=20

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...31725004288009

The model here is Mao's cultural revolution . The supposed oppressors confess their crimes or risk, like Drew Brees ,did the possibility of cultural isolation .I know Mao took it to the extreme . But the template is there .

Grant Napear, a Sacramento Kings play by play announcer made the unforgivable mistake of responding to a question about Black Lives Matter by saying all lives matter . He was forced to resign .Napear’s career is over. Drew Brees has done so much for the New Orleans community as the star QB of the Saints . But he made the unpardonable sin of defending the flag. He has since twice apologized and is hoping he can salvage his long built reputation .

If you follow the NY Slimes 1619 project you see that the reeducation of America starts with the premise that America was founded to protect slavery ,that the constitution was established for that purpose and it's system is the source of societies ills ,that America is inherently evil and had to be brought down and rebuilt . Like Mao's cultural revolution ,if you don't get on board that agenda then there is no place for you in America, That lesson has been hammered into the youth on campus . So of course the protests are diverse . There is not much room left in this country for free and independent thought .
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...619-intro.html
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2020, 05:21 AM
    The model here is Mao's cultural revolution . The supposed oppressors confess their crimes or risk, like Drew Brees ,did the possibility of cultural isolation .
    Exactly correct.

There is not much room left in this country for free and independent thought .
    Nothing is more dangerous to those who want to dominate and control than free and independent thought. "We will tell you what to think."
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2020, 05:40 AM
    I seem to recall a certain pres suggesting this very thing. "Russia Developing Coronavirus Treatment That Disinfects the Body With UV Light From Inside."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-deve...kkLKNGXatrUyPs
    Expert

Jun 7, 2020, 06:32 AM
    Vlad and the dufus on the same page? Couldn't read the article, but these two have been dancing together a long time, and neither is legit.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Vlad and the dufus on the same page? Couldn't read the article, but these two have been dancing together a long time, and neither is legit.
    Isn't that kind of the usual robotic response from you? Trump is bad!
    Expert

Jun 7, 2020, 08:08 AM
    He is bad! For people and robots. All the liberals thinks so even if you hate us saying so.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 09:25 AM
    The unspoken truth is that UVA treatment goes back to the 1940s for pneumonia, tuberculosis, arthritis, asthma and other disease . It went out of favor when antibiotics were introduced ....and yes alternate practitioners still use it today. The old school method was to bomb the blood with ultraviolet . What is being developed is a method to introduce UV to the lungs through intubation .I posted a link a while ago for another partnership that has it in development( Cedars-Sinai and Aytu Bioscience ) .Yes Trump was right about it . In fact there is a competition to develop the technology and get it tested and approved .
    Expert

Jun 7, 2020, 09:29 AM
    Let me know when this old idea actually works and the FDA approves it as safe and effective for anything, but cleaning the atmosphere. Until then...!
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 10:31 AM
    that's what I like ;a man of science . The President asked if it was possible . The answer is definitely yes .
    Expert

Jun 7, 2020, 01:10 PM
    You mean in THEORY right? It's yet to be proved. Keep working on it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 02:50 PM
    and here I thought the left believes theory is fact .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2020, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that's what I like ;a man of science . The President asked if it was possible . The answer is definitely yes .
    Is this the same time when Trump suggested injecting disinfectant to kill the virus?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The harm trump is doing [ 302 Answers ]

got to be some vested interests at play here, Trump is going to place a tariff on French wine because the French dare to tax US tech giants who don't play the tax game well, we all have had enough of multi-nationals, most of them US who hide their income in tax havens. I have news for Trump it...

Trump and His Swamp [ 22 Answers ]

I guess we missed his meaning - we thought he meant to drain the EXISTING swamp when it turns out the swamp is entirely one of HIS making. His cabinet secretary Acosta is the 9th cabinet official to leave the Trump administration. There are only 15 cabinet positions. For context: During the...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search