Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have a funny feeling that if Joe B said he was taking it, it would be unquestioningly accepted and believed. Of course that's assuming that he could take it and remember the next day that he was taking it. 8D
    Nope. Joe actually has a brain.

I just watched yesterday's Trump video again. Frequent subject changes, word salad, multiple repetitions of phrases and sentences (like a child trying to convince a parent that he really, really isn't lying), eyes blinking or eyes closed as he repeats himself over and over again ad nauseum in an attempt to convince his listeners that yes! he is telling the truth (another juvenile tactic).
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 11:06 AM
    My goodness. "Joe actually has a brain." "...eyes blinking or eyes closed as he repeats himself over and over again ad nauseum in an attempt to convince his listeners that yes! he is telling the truth (another juvenile tactic)."

Why are you being so judgmental? Didn't you just say, "I got very weary of the putdowns and shaming," a few days ago? Well, that sentence above sure looks like a major league putdown to me. Why is it that put-downs are bad when directed at you, but OK when you direct them towards others? And no, that is not meant to be ugly. Just an honest question.

I do think that when you start trying to put JB's mental faculties out there as a strong point for him, then you are really stretching.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 11:11 AM
    My goodness. "Joe actually has a brain." "...eyes blinking or eyes closed as he repeats himself over and over again ad nauseum in an attempt to convince his listeners that yes! he is telling the truth (another juvenile tactic)."
    No, that was Trump you were watching!
    https://www.businessinsider.com/full...roquine-2020-5

Not judgmental! Watch Trump! If it were Obama or Biden or HC, you'd be all over it, screaming obscenities.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 11:14 AM
    Well I knew that. I still don't know why it is OK for you to put-down the pres, but not OK for someone to direct a put-down towards you. And btw, it is not my intention to be insulting to you or to make any remark seem like a put-down. Hopefully it is OK to ask serious questions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 11:20 AM
    Well I knew that. I still don't know why it is OK for you to put-down the pres, but not OK for someone to direct a put-down towards you. And btw, it is not my intention to be insulting to you or to make any remark seem like a put-down. Hopefully it is OK to ask serious questions.
    The boards are full of your putdowns and insults and shaming.

When Trump is so obviously ill, we should do what?
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 12:11 PM
    When Trump is so obviously ill, we should do what?
    Address put-downs towards him, and shame him? Look, you can do as you please. I just don't see the consistency of your position. You position seems to be, "Don't put me down and don't shame me, but it's OK if I do it towards others". It's perplexing.

I don't think questioning a statement, a position, an argument, and so forth amounts to a put-down. Now I think that when Tal repeatedly accused me of having my head up another person's backside, then that's a pretty insulting put-down, and yet you had nothing to say about that. That's also perplexing to me. Why is that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 12:29 PM
    Address put-downs towards him, and shame him? Look, you can do as you please. I just don't see the consistency of your position. You position seems to be, "Don't put me down and don't shame me, but it's OK if I do it towards others". It's perplexing.
    Trump earns every putdown he gets. When he starts acting intelligent and kind and loving, the putdowns will stop.
    I don't think questioning a statement, a position, an argument, and so forth amounts to a put-down. Now I think that when Tal repeatedly accused me of having my head up another person's backside, then that's a pretty insulting put-down, and yet you had nothing to say about that. That's also perplexing to me. Why is that?
    Should I put together a list of your putdowns to us?
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 12:45 PM
    Should I put together a list of your putdowns to us?
    So put-downs towards you three are bad, but from you are OK? I mean really, now. It just seems to me that everytime I ask a question that seems a little dangerous to you, that looks like it might cause you to have to side outside of the threesome, then you just simply don't answer it. But if you can find a comment of mine that even comes close to suggesting that someone has his head up someone else's "arse", then I'd love to see it. It's just sad that you cannot bring yourself to even agree that it was completely vulgar and tasteless. Oh well.

And there are no put-downs or shaming anywhere in that paragraph. It's just simple discussion.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 01:31 PM
    I will repost the letter from the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons :
    https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance/
    https://aapsonline.org/aaps-letter-a...e-in-covid-19/

The antiviral properties of these drugs have been studied since 2003. Particularly when combined with zinc, they hinder viral entry into cells and inhibit replication. They may also prevent overreaction by the immune system, which causes the cytokine storm responsible for much of the damage in severe cases, explains AAPS. HCQ is often very helpful in treating autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.Additional benefits shown in some studies, AAPS states, is to decrease the number of days when a patient is contagious, reduce the need for ventilators, and shorten the time to clinical recovery.
    Vaccines and results of randomized double-blind controlled trials of new drugs are at best months away. But patients are dying now, while affordable, long-used drugs would be available except for government restrictions, AAPS states.
    From a peer reviewed study

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...uzVZlnIKmjh0wQ

The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, appears to be a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5%, in elderly patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagious infectivity in most cases.

Historical controls are used in many previous studies in medicine. In this respect, the safety of Hydroxychloroquine is well documented. When the safe use of this drug is projected against its apparent effect of decreasing the progression of early cases to ventilator use, it is difficult to understand the reluctance of the authorities in charge of U.S. pandemic management to recommend its use in early COVID-19 cases. The effects of the chloroquines were first outlined 15 years ago by the CDC’s own Special Pathogens Unit.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    "The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, appears to be a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19"
    Thus, you're saying Trump has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 01:49 PM
    From your link which I have posted before.

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov

Treatment

There is no specific treatment at this time. Supportive care is given to help relieve symptoms. People with severe illness will be treated in the hospital. Some people are being given experimental medicines.
    Check with your health care provider before treating yourself or a loved one with vitamins, nutrients, or any medicines prescribed in the past for other health problems.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Its important to understand the treatment of the symptoms as opposed to a cure.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 03:45 PM
    Thus, you're saying Trump has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
    no I've already said more than once that health professionals are using it as prophylactics

From your link which I have posted before.

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov

Treatment

There is no specific treatment at this time. Supportive care is given to help relieve symptoms. People with severe illness will be treated in the hospital. Some people are being given experimental medicines.
    Check with your health care provider before treating yourself or a loved one with vitamins, nutrients, or any medicines prescribed in the past for other health problems.

I made my own health care decisions . Doctors here were only telling us if you think it is serious enough to go the the hospital emergency room Most doctors stay away from alternative treatment and that is my 1st choice . Did the links I gave not ask Governor Ducey to rescind his order to forbid hydroxychloroqine use as prophilatic ? These are the professionals ,the scientists . I thought you guys wanted us to listen to the scientists and professionals .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 03:58 PM
    no I've already said more than once that health professionals are using it as prophylactics
    From
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/hydrox...reatment-poll/

“Outside the US, hydroxychloroquine has equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the US it has been most commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients,” the survey found.

From
    https://krdo.com/health/2020/05/19/t...effectiveness/

The FDA has warned against the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat the novel coronavirus and said they should only be used in hospitals or clinical trials because they can kill or cause serious side effects. These include serious heart rhythm problems in Covid-19 patients treated with the drugs, especially when they are combined with the antibiotic azithromycin or other medications that can affect the heart.

From
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...quine-n2566409
    Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 04:09 PM
    From your second article.

The President’s physician, Navy Cmdr. Sean Conley, alluded in a memo released Monday night to Trump’s personal valet testing positive two weeks ago for coronavirus. While Conley didn’t say directly that Trump started taking hydroxychloroquine in response to the valet testing positive, the timing mentioned by Trump and the positive test match up.“After numerous discussions, he and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks,” Conley wrote, adding that Trump has taken multiple tests for coronavirus — all negative — and remains symptom free.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 04:26 PM
    From your second article.

The President’s physician, Navy Cmdr. Sean Conley, alluded in a memo released Monday night to Trump’s personal valet testing positive two weeks ago for coronavirus. While Conley didn’t say directly that Trump started taking hydroxychloroquine in response to the valet testing positive, the timing mentioned by Trump and the positive test match up.“After numerous discussions, he and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks,” Conley wrote, adding that Trump has taken multiple tests for coronavirus — all negative — and remains symptom free.
    I betcha $100 Trump is being given glucosamine or Tylenol or some other innocuous pill that looks like hydroxychloroquine. No physician in his right mind would prescribe a pill that has so many nasty side effects for a sitting president who is "in excellent health."
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 04:28 PM
    "We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said.
    "It should be reserved for people who are really sick
    , in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication.
    I know that health care professionals who treat C-19 patients are taking it on their own because they are confident in it's effective use as a preventive . The drug is cheap and available . So now are we going from it is ineffective and dangerous to we have to ration it to the patients who really need it ? There is a disconnect here .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 04:30 PM
    I know that health care professionals who treat C-19 patients are taking it on their own because they are confident in it's effective use as a preventive . The drug is cheap and available . So now are we going from it is ineffective and dangerous to we have to ration it to the patients who really need it ? There is a disconnect here .
    Your source that says healthcare professionals are taking hydroxychloroquine? You know them personally?
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 04:32 PM
    . No physician in his right mind would prescribe a pill that has so many nasty side effects for a sitting president who is "in excellent health."
    You really overstate the danger from side effects . As you know any tv add of a drug spends more time on disclaimers of adverse effects than the add itself. From what I am told the danger of the side effects are primarily for long term usage like those who take it for lupus . If aspirin was a new drug it would be prescription and the side effect listing would almost be as long.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/aspirin-side-effects.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 04:38 PM
    You really overstate the danger from side effects . As you know any tv add of a drug spends more time on disclaimers of adverse effects than the add itself. From what I am told the danger of the side effects are primarily for long term usage like those who take it for lupus . If aspirin was a new drug it would be prescription and the side effect listing would almost be as long.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/aspirin-side-effects.html
    WG: Your source that says healthcare professionals are taking hydroxychloroquine? You know them personally?
    In other words, you don't know.

Please take it for a month and let us know how it's working for you. I don't need it and wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record. [ 267 Answers ]

Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed. Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search