Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 10:37 AM
    I don't care if you don't like the source . I note that when I post from Fox the content is never disputed . But if it makes you feel better ;here is an alt link Maybe you can stop boring us with your critiques of Fox news . It really is tedious. Do you dispute the content ? Of course not .

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...also-found.htm
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 10:43 AM
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ree-Healthcare
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2020, 10:59 AM
    So helpful and positive!*smirk*

"There is little data about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has cited cardiotoxicity as a leading concern with the treatment, particularly in patients with underlying health issues and immunosuppression."

And healthcare workers take it voluntarily??? They must be Republican.

Also, from that same source:

"According to this week’s Sermo COVID-19 Real Time Barometer of 5,158 physicians, one-quarter of global physicians agree that healthcare workers should take hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19 infections with 50% having used or seen hydroxychloroquine used in their professional settings since March 25, 2020."

Um, what's one quarter of 5,158?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Um, what's one quarter of 5,158?
    Ya beat me to it, Girl of Wonder.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 12:38 PM
    I think the claim of widespread use of the dufus drug by heath care professionals to prevent infections is a gross exaggeration. I suppose that's why the WH is looking for doctors to support reopening the economy without meeting health benchmarks.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...my-coronavirus
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 04:01 PM
    18,000+ documented lies, half-truths, and omissions
    And that would be located where?

Must be a slow day if you guys are still talking about the pres taking hydroxycholorquine. He cleared it with his doctor, a man who, unlike any of you, spent his entire adult life studying medicine. That's good enough for me, but I guess all of you professional healthcare experts will continue to talk about for one reason and one reason only: It involves Trump.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2020, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Must be a slow day if you guys are still talking about the pres taking hydroxycholorquine. He cleared it with his doctor, a man who, unlike any of you, spent his entire adult life studying medicine.
    Nope. His personal doctor refused to prescribe hydroxychloroquine for him, so he prevailed upon a WH doctor "after having several discussions with him."

I maintain Trump is taking (IF he is actually taking) something shaped like hydroxychloroquine, such as glucosamine or acetaminophen. The WH doctor certainly isn't insane!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 04:24 PM
    He is the pres, like it or not and our greatest freedom is to criticize him for all the dumb stuff he says and does. Lying constantly is certainly one of those things and over his presidency hardly a day goes by that he isn't caught in a lie, half truth, or dumb statement.

He is a proven consistent liar! This is but one of many articles available on THAT subject.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/polit...eck/index.html
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 05:14 PM
    I maintain Trump is taking (IF he is actually taking) something shaped like hydroxychloroquine, such as glucosamine or acetaminophen. The WH doctor certainly isn't insane!
    Yes. I'm sure that's true. They came up with a Tylenol shaped like a hydroxychloroquine pill in order to fool WG, but she caught on to them, clever woman that she is!!

You really believe that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2020, 05:22 PM
    Yes. I'm sure that's true. They came up with a Tylenol shaped like a hydroxychloroquine pill in order to fool WG, but she caught on to them, clever woman that she is!!

You really believe that?
    Yep! His personal doctor said no. The WH doctor was smart enough to "prescribe" a placebo, IF Trump is taking anything at all -- or is just trying to drive up hydroxychloroquine's market share by saying he's taking it.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 05:24 PM
    Hmmm. I think someone else might need a doctor. Just sayin.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2020, 05:35 PM
    Hmmm. I think someone else might need a doctor. Just sayin.
    Please call your primary and ask him to prescribe hydroxychloroquine for you.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 05:55 PM
    And that would be located where?
    (The above is from Jl re the location of Trump's 18,000+ documented lies, half-truths, and omissions.)

Glad to oblige. Here's the main list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...aims-database/

There are others - from Politifact, The Toronto Star, Bill Moyers, Politico, Buzzfeed, The Daily Wire, The New York Times - all from various stages in Trump's presidency. FactCheck.org has the recent lies re Codiv-19 updated to today.

The Washington Post is the most complete since they've been tracking the lies since day one of the presidency.

One of my favorites is Forbes reporting on Trump claiming he was first in his class at Wharton. That was a whopper!

Enjoy.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 06:30 PM
    They put this forward as being a prime example. “Hydroxychloroquine -- I don't know, it's looking like it's having some good results. That would be a phenomenal thing.” In what way is that a false claim? There have been studies which indicate that could very well be true. Sure makes the whole thing seem bogus.

One of my favorites is Forbes reporting on Trump claiming he was first in his class at Wharton. That was a whopper!
    Then no doubt you are even more dismayed at Biden's claim to have graduated in the upper half of his class (76th out of 85) with three degrees (only one), of being named outstanding student in the Political Science Department (nope), and of being on a full academic scholarship (it was a half scholarship)? Oh wait. I forgot that you operate with a double standard in politics. My bad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2020, 06:41 PM
    They put this forward as being a prime example. “Hydroxychloroquine -- I don't know, it's looking like it's having some good results. That would be a phenomenal thing.” In what way is that a false claim? There have been studies which indicate that could very well be true. Sure makes the whole thing seem bogus.
    Wow! The solid medical science information in that makes my brain hurt!
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 07:06 PM
    This will REALLY make it hurt.

India Authorizes Hydroxy-Chloroquine For Coronavirus Infection Prevention.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...id-19-patients
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 07:11 PM
    Some confusion here since this drug has been shown to be effective in treating the infected, logic may suggest it might be a preventative and in India malaria is endemic so I can see why they might use it but should I take penicillin also just in case
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 07:15 PM
    And studies that reported patients dying from the drug - Brazil and the VA. Still think the whole thing is bogus?

And what about the 17,999 lies you failed to mention?

Then no doubt you are even more dismayed at Biden's claim to have graduated in the upper half of his class (76th out of 85) with three degrees (only one), of being named outstanding student in the Political Science Department (nope), and of being on a full academic scholarship (it was a half scholarship)? Oh wait. I forgot that you operate with a double standard in politics. My bad.
    No, I'm far more dismayed with Trump who is lying as I type this. Biden was reported by the Washington Post at the time which was about 35 years ago. Do you have a list citing Biden's other thousands to keep up with lyin' Donald? Maybe from a little more recently? No, I didn't think so.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 08:37 PM
    Once a Liar always a liar so it doesn't matter, once you are caught out you are a liar
    Uber Member

May 21, 2020, 04:22 AM
    His statement was that, "it's looking like it's having some good results." There is plenty of evidence to support that. To say it's a lie is ridiculous, and it makes it obvious that those 18,000 lies are more a matter of a difference of opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record. [ 267 Answers ]

Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed. Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search