Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 04:48 PM
    Your source that says healthcare professionals are taking hydroxychloroquine? You know them personally?
    No never said I did . And if Trump had an underlying cardiac
    arrhythmia issue then his doctor should advise against it . Otherwise it appears to be an effective course for people who may be otherwise have a high risk of exposure .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I know that health care professionals who treat C-19 patients are taking it on their own because they are confident in it's effective use as a preventive
    Hmmmmm........still no names - and pretty vague.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 05:09 PM
    No never said I did . And if Trump had an underlying cardiac
    arrhythmia issue then his doctor should advise against it . Otherwise it appears to be an effective course for people who may be otherwise have a high risk of exposure .
    A cardiac arrhythmia issue isn't a problem for him yet (as far as we know from dear Dr. Bornstein), but if he keeps taking hydroxychloroquine (if indeed he is), it WILL very possibly BECOME one. The way he was blinking his eyes and repeatedly closing them during his pronouncement yesterday, he may already be displaying the side effects of blurred vision and increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid.

Btw, today Pence was asked if he too is taking hydroxychloroquine:

Asked in a Fox News interview if he was taking the drug, Pence said, "I'm not. But I would never begrudge any American taking the advice of their physician." "My physician has not recommended that, but I wouldn't hesitate to take the counsel of my doctor," he said. "Any American should do likewise."

In other words, "No, thanks."
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 07:03 PM
    A cardiac arrhythmia issue isn't a problem for him yet (as far as we know from dear Dr. Bornstein), but if he keeps taking hydroxychloroquine (if indeed he is), it WILL very possibly BECOME one. The way he was blinking his eyes and repeatedly closing them during his pronouncement yesterday, he may already be displaying the side effects of blurred vision and increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid.
    I imagine Trump will continue to listen to his experienced, high quality physician, but you can call and advise him if you feel it is needed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I imagine Trump will continue to listen to his experienced, high quality physician, but you can call and advise him if you feel it is needed.
    If they're that wonderful, I'd advise him to get even healthier by taking two or three a day.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 07:26 PM
    Well by all means call them and let them know! 8D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 07:32 PM
    Well by all means call them and let them know! 8D
    Don't tempt me. I love to call people (it's the librarian in me). I'd even call YOU!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 10:54 PM
    please don't tell me you would go that far?
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 03:38 AM
    Clete you see Trump says he is taking the cocktail after consulting with his physician and the left interprets that as he is drinking fish tank cleaner . The truth is that if we waited for them this would be a 2 year shutdown (or at least until October ;as their only concern here is the opportunity to defeat Trump in November ;not the possibility of a treatment ...that can wait .) Once the card board cut out they will nominate becomes POTUS ,all of a sudden the narrative will change to how effective quinine has been .... as it has been for a century in treating various disease .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 04:42 AM
    Clete you see Trump says he is taking the cocktail after consulting with his physician and the left interprets that as he is drinking fish tank cleaner .
    Be more accurate to say most people think the dufus is hocking fish oil, like he hocks other things like water, steaks, and ties, phony schools, sports, or his own charity.

The truth is that if we waited for them this would be a 2 year shutdown (or at least until October ;as their only concern here is the opportunity to defeat Trump in November ;not the possibility of a treatment ...that can wait .)
    The real truth is that dems are watching repubs reopen at warp speed and hock a phony treatment with no evidence that it works, to hide the fact that the real danger is spikes in infections with no way to stop it. Repubs are so desperate they are willing to sacrifice others for a return to making MO'MONEY, without spending a dime on health and safety.

Once the card board cut out they will nominate becomes POTUS ,all of a sudden the narrative will change to how effective quinine has been .... as it has been for a century in treating various disease .
    Making the dufus a one term president is a laudable goal for the politics and policy of the country just as it was for the repubs to obstruct Obama for the same political end right?
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 04:57 AM
    The truth is that if we waited for them this would be a 2 year shutdown (or at least until October ;as their only concern here is the opportunity to defeat Trump in November
    Exactly correct. The left will do anything to gain power.
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 05:31 AM
    Repubs will do anything to keep power. Lot at stake politically for both parties. Repubs have a disadvantage though I think, with dismissing this virus and pushing for people to go back to work and risk sickness and death. I just don't think that will be so well received in general, though popular with some out of a very real fear of being unable to maintain or sustain the fruits of their labor. Who gets blamed for the execution of the congresses actions will also be crucial as we have seen Mnuchin say he hasn't spent a large portion of funds of the second round of relief money, and rich guys scarfed up the first round money sent to banks who catered to favored clients. Add to that the states budgets being decimated by the virus, and the antiquated safety net systems being overwhelmed you have a recipe for a slow response bordering on incompetence.

Doesn't help that the dufus peddles snake oil and badmouths everybody who questions his warp speed opening of the economy, while censoring the truth about the virus. Breeding fear, through uncertainty and chaos. Such divisiveness, when we need unity seldom works well for anyone.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 06:00 AM
    https://www.foxnews.com/tech/army-re...qmlBxQc7ibTNg0
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 06:29 AM
    You implying America can succeed despite whatever the dufus does? I think I've said that before. Be nice to remove him, his noise, and antics from the equation but that's hard since he loves to dominate the air waves. Then we have these squabbles popping up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...?ocid=msedgntp

and

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...-data/2365369/
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 08:25 AM
    all of a sudden the narrative will change to how effective quinine has been .... as it has been for a century in treating various disease .

Tom, you do know the difference between quinine and hydroxychloroquin, don't you?

Oh, and btw, there's no point in posting a link to Trump News since that cable channel has zero credibility.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 08:36 AM
    Much better to post links for those famously impartial sites like NBC, NYTimes, CNN, or, best of all, the Washington Post. If there is an outlet with any less credibility than NBC, I haven't heard of it.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 08:37 AM
    If there is an outlet with any less credibility than NBC, I haven't heard of it.
    It's FOX (aka Trump) News. now you've heard of it.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2020, 08:40 AM
    Didn't meet the criteria.

After Chuck Todd's disgraceful performance of last weekend, I'm amazed that anyone watches it other than the "I hate Trump" crowd.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 09:00 AM
    Didn't meet the criteria.

After Chuck Todd's disgraceful performance of last weekend, I'm amazed that anyone watches it other than the "I hate Trump" crowd.
    I'm amazed how you far right loonies ignore Trump's now 18,000+ documented lies, half-truths, and omissions - and you equate his record with some obscure Democrat who was caught in one lie.

Same with FOX (TRUMP) NEWS - they have been lying on a DAILY basis for at least three and a half years and you equate that record with one lie (which, btw, drew an apology - has FOX EVER apologized?) from MSNBC.

You have a curious way of doing math.
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 10:12 AM
    Anybody's math would be curious if they had their head shoulder deep up dufus A$$ for 3 years. Of course those so afflicted will never deny it, but they will deny everything about the dufus. I have PROOF!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/current-events/

Or to be charitable, maybe the loons figured out a way to keep the dufus from peeing on their head and claiming it's raining!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record. [ 267 Answers ]

Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed. Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search